©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

to the guys that brew large batches........

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
the one i have is pretty beefy. will pull 29" and i think its 6cfm.

so may be overkill for whats out there more suited for a specific purpose.

but this one is somewhat loud. sounds like what you would think an electric pump would sound like. def could hear it in another room with the door closed. will make an off-smell as well. they need to be filled with lubricating oil, and the exhaust from the suction gets vented thru the oil, so theres a bit of a stink to the room if youre inside too.

How have you dropped the pressure so it doesnt rip through your filters?

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Exactly what he said above me and when its done jst apply alittle more pressure to clear the line then the suction w stop n u can remove the folter detach ur hoses n throw it in a ziplock bc make sure u throw a sterile (u can sterilize urself w some iso)septa top on ur media screw on and ur good make sure u grab the right septas bc some r for 33mm top n others silicone tops r for the 45mm i beleive thats the size depends on the brand n size media bottle ur using... Then when ur ready u can use a syringe to draw out sterile vitamins to fill smaller vials...... Buuuuut dont think by buying the 60cc syringe it will go faster bc it doesnt idk y bt those ones r a bitch to pull vitamins go w smaller my buddy uses the 10cc ones n works fine w 18g needle u can prob go bigger i jst dnt think he has tried it yet.
Only one the fast cap hasnt lived a full 4L w filtering was tren idk mayb dirty powder but it cloggd the filter pretty quick normally 9-12psi is perfect w that filter bt buddy said he had to take it up to 15psi to get his drip on so mayb it was his source or jst tren in general idk trial n error my friend

What litre/min does 12-15psi convert to?

When I'm looking at pumps there measured in litre/min not psi.

Some say micron? One says 38micron and another says 100micron.

Doe the number at the beggining mean its power class is a 3cfm will be more powerful than a 1 or 2cfm?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Cfm.is amount of vacuum that specific motor can pull..web search is available now a days to ask convert cfm to meters or whatever..even an old vet like me knows that kids.. sheesh..

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
ok cool dude, is this 1 ok?
[/ATTACH]

both 1/4" and get a 2cfm pump

Attachments

• gg.jpg
    gg.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
The 1.5cfm vac only puts out just enough vac pressure that u dont need any extra assembly jst plug n go, im speakin out of experience idk about the stronger pumps im sure u will def need a regulator of some sort but w the 1.5 ur g2g

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Ok thanks dude, I just don't want to rip my fast caps.

And will the pressure hold no matter how many filters is attached wether its 1 or 10 for example?

also id still like to fit a gauge just so I no what im pulling, for example incase the pump isn't pulling like it shud I will no if its a problem with the pump or sh1t dirty raws blocking the filter.

Last edited:

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZp2flKIgJM
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZp2flKIgJM

just seen this video which has gave me a good idea of how it works. what is the manifold called that you need is you were to vacuum multi filters?

also that 3cfm is hitting about 28in/hg, that's what we need isn't it??

also whats the silver part that's screwed into that brass manifold that the male pipe connector that takes the pipe? (sorry I no nothing about this stuff) iv typed 1/4 male pip connector etc into ebay and that part doesn't come up so its oviously not called that. lol

edit this last question, iv found it, its called a hose tail fitting...

Last edited:

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
ok so if I get a pump 1.5-3cfm, the ball valve plus gauge iv linked a pic to above, and 2x1/4x1/8 (3mm for the 4mm piping then screw clip it on) hosetail fittings.

and some 4mm tubing that's me ready to go for 1 filter.

any ideas on what to get on ebay so I can have a manifold for multi filters just for quickness. I will need a ball valve on each one incase I don't use them all to bturn the individuals off and a hosetail for each for the tubing. but whats the manifold called I can use?

Attachments

• rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 72

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
will this do, then trying to make 1 myself which tbh I have no clue.

can someone explain to me how this manifold works, which ports to the filters attach and which for the pump

thanks for all your help guys..

Attachments

• gr.jpg
    gr.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
What type of oil do you need for them?

I'm going to get:
3cfm pump
1/4" vacuum gauge (-30in/hg)
1/4" 3way ball valve
1/4" hosetailsx2
1/4" 3way hosetailsx4 (T-shape)
1/4" pvc clear tubing
1/4" female fit pipe stop end (water+air tight)

This will give me between 1-4 filters, just remove or fit the tubing for how many I need.

Sound ok?

Once the vacuum has reached 20-25in/hg, close the ball valve then turn the pump off?

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Good god.. so u want to use one vac pump and run 3-5 filters at same time? You will occur vaccum drop per each manifold.. thus u will need gauge , ball ball valve ,check valve for one way flow, for each filter ...This is similar to basic in floor heat with one boiler and 10 rooms u want to heat evenly..

Those barbed fittings come in poly plastic and like i told fambam 101 times are called 1/4 mip ( male iron pipe thread) by 1/4 in barbed hose fitting..available at auto motive and home improvement stores.. .

You most likely have to buy a 1/4 female "t" and (3) 1/4"mip x 1/4" barbed hose fitting and dont forget teflon tape for male threads..

Last edited:

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
This was my idea (sh#t drawing sorry)

aqugusuz.jpg

Ib: do you mean that you would have the 1st T-shape barbed hosetail (centre in my diagram) as a T-shape female connector?

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
You can possibly go to an aquarium pet supply store and buy 5 the 3 way barbed t's..like running 5 fish tanks off one air pump..get the brass ones.
Instead of a capped end x 2 ..bring those ends together to make a full loop to have always equal pressure at each filter.so basically a complete circle with t's cut in.. id draw it but i cant post a pic ever since im not on tap talk and use this ipad..

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Ok cool so I will use a 2way ball valve and connect the gauge to a 3way female connector further past it.

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
What im saying is the same exact setup u see on med lab thats 100 u can go to local hardware store and buy the exact same stuff and put it togeter for a fraction of that cost if u chose to buy bigger than 1.5cfm. Pm me nuke