©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Training Splits

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
So just to start some discussion....what type of training splits are you guys running.

I'm currently on a 3 on / 1 off.

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Calves, abs

Day 2 - Back, traps, biceps

Day 3 - Legs, Calves, abs

Day off...then repeat. I've done a ton of different routines in my time....but always keep coming back to this one.

Two exercises per body part, 4 sets per exercise with varying rep ranges, and rest periods between sets of 60 seconds or less.

Still trying to beat my logbook each workout....and when I stall I will change up exercises.

Its not a lot of volume, but decent frequency. Plus with so little work sets...I know that I have to give it my all for each one to effectively stimulate the muscle.

Seems to be the perfect balance for my body in regards to recovery...especially for my CNS. My muscles recover pretty quick...but CNS overload can be cumulative and this seems to address all of those issues!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Right now I'm pressed for time and I'm aging and don't recover as well so I have more rest days while training each body part once per week. I'm in the gym around 60-70 minutes each session:

Day One: CHEST, SHOULDERS, BICEPS
Day Two: QUADS, CALVES, HAMS, CALVES
Day Three: BACK, BICEPS, FOREARMS

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
doing the mountain dog split:-
Day1 - Legs, Calves
Day2 - Chest, Shoulders
Day3 - Back
Day4 - Arms
DAy5 - Weak Bodyparts

Wkends off

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Fortitude Training Tier 2

Day 1 - Lower Loading/Upper Pump

Day 2 - Rest

Day 3 - Upper Loading/Lower Pump

Day 4 - Rest

Day 5 - Lower Muscle Rounds

Day 6 - Upper Muscle Rounds

Day 7 - fat

Love this program so much. A ton of frequency and heavy heavy weight.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
doing the mountain dog split:-
Day1 - Legs, Calves
Day2 - Chest, Shoulders
Day3 - Back
Day4 - Arms
DAy5 - Weak Bodyparts

Wkends off
Which one of Meadows programs you running? He has quite a few out now.....I've seriously been thinking about buying one of them and giving it a go.

I really respect his whole approach to everything he does.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Which one of Meadows programs you running? He has quite a few out now.....I've seriously been thinking about buying one of them and giving it a go.

Creeping Death:headbang:

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
4 day rotation. Generally I’ll train 2-3 days in a row then take 1-2 days rest. Usually depends on Work and school schedule.
Day 1-legs
Day 2-chest/bic
Day 3-back/deadlifts
Day 4-shoulders/tric

I have been using lower amount of sets on my main movements usually 1 heavy set and 1 back down set and then I’ll pick a finisher movement and do 7 sets of 8-12 with 30 sec rest between sets to really focus on the pump and getting blood into the muscle.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

Don't mean to derail this but I was going to purchase his "One time meal plan".

BTW: I'm 3 on and 1 off

Chest, shoulders, traps, tris .......all sets to failure
Quads, hams, calves
Back, bis, abbs
OFF
Repeat

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Don't mean to derail this but I was going to purchase his "One time meal plan".

BTW: I'm 3 on and 1 off

Chest, shoulders, traps, tris .......all sets to failure
Quads, hams, calves
Back, bis, abbs
OFF
Repeat
Sounds like we follow a similar plan. I figured we might as I know we were both clients of Phil at one time.

I like the general setup of his program....plus you learn later where you can add things in as you want when you need to.

Some weeks....I add a little more volume....others I don't. More of a go by feel process!

John is putting out a lot of good stuff. I still have printouts of his original Mountain Dog Diet thread when he first laid it out.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Fortitude Training Tier 2

Day 1 - Lower Loading/Upper Pump

Day 2 - Rest

Day 3 - Upper Loading/Lower Pump

Day 4 - Rest

Day 5 - Lower Muscle Rounds

Day 6 - Upper Muscle Rounds

Day 7 - fat

Love this program so much. A ton of frequency and heavy heavy weight.
Still trying to decide between Scott's program, or one of John's.

John's stuff is very expensive...but I'm sure it's worth it. But I'm trying to put a kid through med school right now!

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Still trying to decide between Scott's program, or one of John's.

John's stuff is very expensive...but I'm sure it's worth it. But I'm trying to put a kid through med school right now!

I've used a lot of John's stuff too.

Still prefer fortitude

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Sounds like we follow a similar plan. I figured we might as I know we were both clients of Phil at one time.

I like the general setup of his program....plus you learn later where you can add things in as you want when you need to.

Some weeks....I add a little more volume....others I don't. More of a go by feel process!

John is putting out a lot of good stuff. I still have printouts of his original Mountain Dog Diet thread when he first laid it out.

I've been around the horn and back with splits. Believe it or not I got this from Shelby. He worked with me for my 7th place finish at the Nats. I just didn't have the size I needed. I was at 198lbs on the scale night before and the guys that took the podium all were the same weight just (5) inches shorter than me lol
Those Jamaicans are really tuff to beat. Tiny insertions and ballony muscle bodies. Gotta take my hat off to them........

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
I've been around the horn and back with splits. Believe it or not I got this from Shelby. He worked with me for my 7th place finish at the Nats. I just didn't have the size I needed. I was at 198lbs on the scale night before and the guys that took the podium all were the same weight just (5) inches shorter than me lol
Those Jamaicans are really tuff to beat. Tiny insertions and ballony muscle bodies. Gotta take my hat off to them........
Cool....I trained with Shelby awhile too. What I remember most from him was that he had me eating way more than anybody else I worked with.

I was younger then.....and my metabolism was cranking. This was when carb cycling was getting really popular!

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
I've used a lot of John's stuff too.

Still prefer fortitude
Its a lot more cost effective for sure. I may buy his book and see what I can "cook up" with it.

My body thrives on high volume, low frequency, and low rep work. But we all know that isn't the best thing in terms of hypertrophy.

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Its a lot more cost effective for sure. I may buy his book and see what I can "cook up" with it.

My body thrives on high volume, low frequency, and low rep work. But we all know that isn't the best thing in terms of hypertrophy.

I would buy it and just follow the layout. No need to change anything I promise.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Nice....I know all of his programs are hard....but I hear that one is particularly brutal!

The hardest was John's first High frequency program "Gauntlet", where u train 3x per week on most body parts. I gave up half way, was spending upto 2hrs per day in the gym.

Heard he made some changes in his newer higher frequency program, eg., Taskmaster- where you only choose 1 to 2 body parts to hit 3x per week instead of all body parts.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
I would buy it and just follow the layout. No need to change anything I promise.

I got FT when it was first released, unfortunately yet to try out. Was overwhelmed by the informations inside the book. Got a hard time absorbing it.

Maybe I shld reread and put into action.

Did u start with the Basic or Turbo Version?

montego

Feb 19, 2018
I got FT when it was first released, unfortunately yet to try out. Was overwhelmed by the informations inside the book. Got a hard time absorbing it.

Maybe I shld reread and put into action.

Did u start with the Basic or Turbo Version?
Basic tier 1.

If you can can really produce intensity, I mean full force gut busting sets where you're leaving nothing on the table (besides loading sets) , you'll grow on just that. If you can't train that way, I wouldn't really recommend it anyways.

Tier 2 is almost too much.