©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Training Splits

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Basic tier 1.

If you can can really produce intensity, I mean full force gut busting sets where you're leaving nothing on the table (besides loading sets) , you'll grow on just that. If you can't train that way, I wouldn't really recommend it anyways.

Tier 2 is almost too much.
I will be giving it a go. Bought the ebook....and just been reading through it wrapping my head around how I want to set my workouts up.

I'm no stranger to leaving it all in the gym as I did a Wendler Hybrid Split for years of nothing but trying to beat my logbook everytime I hit the gym.

It was huge volume, low frequency, and most of the time training multiple sets in the 80+% range of my 1RM. But it does a number on your body after awhile.

It focused on the big movements....Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Overhead Press. Any other exercises were for support of increasing weight in the big exercises.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I usually keep my training very basic.
Chest, shoulders and triceps
Back and bi-ceps
Legs
3 on 1 off

SizeON

Mar 16, 2018
ATM:

Day1 - Chest/Bicep
Day2 - Quads/Calves
Day3 - Rest
Day4 - Shoulders/Calf
DAy5 - Back/Triceps
DAy6 - Rest
DAy7 - Rest

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Chest (heavy), tri-ceps (pump) and rear delts (mixed).

Quads (heavy), hamstrings (pump) and calves (mixed).

Back (heavy), chest (pump), biceps (heavy).

Shoulders (heavy) tri-ceps (heavy) and quads (pump).

Hamstrings (heavy), calves (mixed), back width (heavy) and bi-ceps (pump).

I train no more than 5 days per week and if it's less just follow the split into the next week.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Cool....I trained with Shelby awhile too. What I remember most from him was that he had me eating way more than anybody else I worked with.

I was younger then.....and my metabolism was cranking. This was when carb cycling was getting really popular!

Yep, Lots of food. But I was growing with him. It got to a point where I was getting hurt to often chasing the book. I just had to stop with the DC. It was age related I'm sure.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
ATM:

Day1 - Chest/Bicep
Day2 - Quads/Calves
Day3 - Rest
Day4 - Shoulders/Calf
DAy5 - Back/Triceps
DAy6 - Rest
DAy7 - Rest

I used to train just like this. I like changing things around and doing back/triceps and chest/biceps. Only difference was I trained calves twice in the week.

Chest (heavy), tri-ceps (pump) and rear delts (mixed).

Quads (heavy), hamstrings (pump) and calves (mixed).

Back (heavy), chest (pump), biceps (heavy).

Shoulders (heavy) tri-ceps (heavy) and quads (pump).

Hamstrings (heavy), calves (mixed), back width (heavy) and bi-ceps (pump).

I train no more than 5 days per week and if it's less just follow the split into the next week.

I really like this split. I think I am fairly balanced so train things equally. I also like twice per week training and this covers both. Do you also train rear delts with back or shoulders?

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Mine changes all the time. I want to bring up my legs so been training them twice each week. I may start training calves 3 times per week as well.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Three days on one day off , three on two off . Body split into 3 parts . Depending on mood and energy. On leg day I may do calf and hamms in am and quads in pm. Always rotation . My eating always rotation to stay lean . As I get older it’s been harder to remain lean .

gdaddyg8

Donating Member
Jun 11, 2018
So just to start some discussion....what type of training splits are you guys running.

I'm currently on a 3 on / 1 off.

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Calves, abs

Day 2 - Back, traps, biceps

Day 3 - Legs, Calves, abs

Day off...then repeat. I've done a ton of different routines in my time....but always keep coming back to this one.

Two exercises per body part, 4 sets per exercise with varying rep ranges, and rest periods between sets of 60 seconds or less.

Still trying to beat my logbook each workout....and when I stall I will change up exercises.

Its not a lot of volume, but decent frequency. Plus with so little work sets...I know that I have to give it my all for each one to effectively stimulate the muscle.

Seems to be the perfect balance for my body in regards to recovery...especially for my CNS. My muscles recover pretty quick...but CNS overload can be cumulative and this seems to address all of those issues!

I love this strategy and the part where you state “Plus with so little work sets...I know that I have to give it my all for each one to effectively stimulate the muscle.” is exactly how I feel. I can get more out of one set than some people can an entire workout. You have to make every rep count and really bring the focus and aggression to get the most out of a low volume high frequency routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
At the moment I am training what I feel like on the day. Trying to increase frequency and keep volume capped at what I can fit into 1 hour in the gym.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
Fortitude Training. Very customizable, has built in deloads, and keeps things interesting while progressing.