©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Water or Milk ?

wow101

Apr 26, 2011
How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake? Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use? I usually use 2% or fat free..

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I don't know that there is a significant difference, I use either...Mostly water though, but I love fat-free skim milk and can go through a gallon every 1-2 days.....

willI'm

Jul 5, 2011
In my opinion it depends on what are you trying to do, bulking..cutting. If you are bulking milk is perfect in your protein shake.But if you are cutting I wouldn't recommend milk as it contains a rather high amount of simple sugars (lactose) which is not a good carb for cutting.

freddie

May 2, 2011
milk for bulking, but however even when bulking I would advise to stay away from simple sugars

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake? Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use? I usually use 2% or fat free..

I like milk myself..plus you get a little extra protein when you use it.

mc63s

Apr 27, 2011
I prefer milk myself too, also if my diet is on spot I like when i'm cutting too

Aidan

Banned
Mar 6, 2012
Hi buddy,....
Really,.....it is good point.Water have own importance and milk have own
importance in our life.Both things giving us energy and keep us active every
time.

Cyrus

Banned
Mar 8, 2012
Definitely, the milk is better. But I'm still confused that which one?
I mean, fatty or fat free.
I usually use creamy milk for my smoothies.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhonson

Banned
Jun 30, 2012
I believe we need water more than milk for our bodies to function efficiently. And lots of people have trouble digesting dairy products. So I think water is better. but I love milk!

reesemorgon

Sep 18, 2012
USA
Water and milk both are very important for health.If any one wants to healthy life ,so they daily drink milk and water.Water is solve all health problem of skin ,just like anc e and wrinkle problem,so daily drink water for 7 to 8 time.

Stallion

Sep 24, 2012
I think the issues with milk are sugars and its estrogenicity, which is more prominent is soy milk. I don't see how a glass a day would hurt much. I prefer skim milk if I have cereal. I uses either for my shakes but mostly water.

jorkof

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
In my opinion it depends on what are you trying to do, bulking..cutting. If you are bulking milk is perfect in your protein shake.But if you are cutting I wouldn't recommend milk as it contains a rather high amount of simple sugars (lactose) which is not a good carb for cutting.

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
I know this is an old(er) thread...but re: shakes...my pre-workout is water with Protein powder (chocolate PB) with oatmeal, and frozen blueberries...and a little bit of PB (yeah, I like the PB). Absolutely delicious.

But that banana and cinnamon sounds good too...will have to give that a try.

-s