©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What goes around comes around. LOL

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
Well this is very good to know!!

I grew up on a ranch in Montana, and my natural diet is meat, meat, and more meat. Maybe throw in a potato or two and a slice of homemade chocolate cake.

I don't count macros or any of that BS, but when I take a day and decide to estimate my consumption, i generally rack up about 600g's protein per day during a bulk. Other guys in the gym have kinda picked on me for my "excessive protein consumption" But i'm bigger than they are so they can suck it.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Looking great CG, good thread. Imo the hardest thing for people attempting to do this are overcoming digestive issues. I've done it before and strength increased noticeably, however I couldn't continue long enough to see any physique changes as I didn't figure out the digestive issues.

Marshal, my trainer had me titrate up to all the numbers I' at to make sure I'm effectively using what I'm eating. Blowing huge amounts of gas and diarrhea are both signs your not assimilating correctly and wasting food. Remember to include Greek yogurt with your egg drink in the morning.

I'm at 4whole eggs and 10oz of egg whites with a scoop of flavored whey and a yogurt at the moment for breakfast. But to start I was less than half.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I am not disagreeing with the view that 400+ is great for growth, but I think it needs to be tempered with an understanding of where a person currently is at, size wise.

During my last bulking cycle, I was growing while eating only 3500 calories of food (only 1 cheat meal a week, too, and not a really bad cheat meal). I was getting in about 350g of protein and growing nicely. I started at 300 calories and about 300g of protein but when I hit a plateau I upped both and started growing again. I am not a huge guy by any means, so 600g of protein would be a horrible waste for me...my body would simply end up converting it to fat in the end.

It IS good to understand that the 300g protein limit is not a hard stop...keep upping it as you hit growth plateaus, along with the calories you eat. You have to eat to grow.

LOL. Your not going to gain any weight at all on 600 grams of protein from egg whites and cooked chicken breast my friend. I do agree with titrating all your portions up as your body adapts to using it.

I'm sure you grew at 300 grams. You can grow on 150. But *only* so much. AS you raise the roof on protein your raising the roof of your growth potential. There are no guarantees your going to grow eating 500grams of protein a day. But if all things are on point, Not having enough is a guarantee you wont reach your potential.
I'm not here as a crusader to save you man. I'm to tired of leading folks to water only to have them tell me they don't thirst for knowledge. My message is for the guy that doesn't know whats on the other side of the door, remember?

CG

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Looking great CG, good thread. Imo the hardest thing for people attempting to do this are overcoming digestive issues. I've done it before and strength increased noticeably, however I couldn't continue long enough to see any physique changes as I didn't figure out the digestive issues.

I think some people just have iron stomach. For example guys that can drink there chicken! Lol
That is tough. I have never been good at eating gross stuff. That would come rite back up

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I think some people just have iron stomach. For example guys that can drink there chicken! Lol
That is tough. I have never been good at eating gross stuff. That would come rite back up

Believe me Raj, I get it. I just want it so bad I fucking drink it. I was eating it all and literally making my gums raw. Same with all the eggs. Who the hell wants to make a life of just sitting and eating? Drinking it is just moments of time. I slug it all. There is no sipping going on here.

CG

anzel

May 8, 2014
CG, this is interesting. Im gonna go drink a carton of EW right now, even though I am stuffed on chili and banana bread!

I understand you have to make chicken shakes and waht not but thats not for evey meal is it? I mean you do eat at least 3 of your meals a day right?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
CG, this is interesting. Im gonna go drink a carton of EW right now, even though I am stuffed on chili and banana bread!

I understand you have to make chicken shakes and waht not but thats not for evey meal is it? I mean you do eat at least 3 of your meals a day right?

NO. The only thing I eat is the yogurt and rice with some of the meals. Rice turns to mud in the blender. lol

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012

Haha, yep. Remember when Vander built a pro caliber upper body on his "meat 8's" (V8 and ground beef blended) and tuna drinks ! :D

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
LOL. Your not going to gain any weight at all on 600 grams of protein from egg whites and cooked chicken breast my friend. I do agree with titrating all your portions up as your body adapts to using it.

I'm sure you grew at 300 grams. You can grow on 150. But *only* so much. AS you raise the roof on protein your raising the roof of your growth potential. There are no guarantees your going to grow eating 500grams of protein a day. But if all things are on point, Not having enough is a guarantee you wont reach your potential.
I'm not here as a crusader to save you man. I'm to tired of leading folks to water only to have them tell me they don't thirst for knowledge. My message is for the guy that doesn't know whats on the other side of the door, remember?

CG

I agree with what you are saying. :)

anzel

May 8, 2014
I woke up and had a banana and a carton on EW and some greek yogurt. Then an hr and a half later I ate (not drank) 6 whts and 3 whole eggs and 3 slices of eizickiel bread with coconut oil on em. Then I drank more EW and then ate a lunch and then ate a post lunch. There was some other items I ate(consumed) to.
Just in case anyone cares.... lol

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I woke up and had a banana and a carton on EW and some greek yogurt. Then an hr and a half later I ate (not drank) 6 whts and 3 whole eggs and 3 slices of eizickiel bread with coconut oil on em. Then I drank more EW and then ate a lunch and then ate a post lunch. There was some other items I ate(consumed) to.
Just in case anyone cares.... lol

That's a good start. You have to time your carb meals before and after training. This would be the start of a good re-comp diet. Slow carbs before the training and then fast after.

anzel

May 8, 2014
Gotta get a vidio of the shakes some time
I can see maybe beef stew blended - yum

Yes beef stew shakes sounds good. Its basically almost in shake for as it is so what the hell!
I get credit for this idea of making beef shakes but I will share with you since stew is a good idea!

And btw, I am now officially in the chicken shake club as I just crushed a big glass full! CG send me my T shirt please!