©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

whats the best oil to use

vintagemuscle

AnaSCI VIP
Sep 24, 2003
I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the pharmaceutical companies primarily used cottenseed oil in test compounds. I like the grapeseed oil because it is a " thinner" oil.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I may be mistaken but I was under the impression that the pharmaceutical companies primarily used cottenseed oil in test compounds. I like the grapeseed oil because it is a " thinner" oil.

Actually, i never paid attention to what kind of oil the pharm companies use. Now that you mention it, I would like to know. But i agree with you, i use grape seed as well because i understand its thinner. I cant say for because i havent tried them all. The lab supply company i use has a lot of choices. They are usually pretty helpful, i should email them and ask them which one is the thinnest out of the ones they carry.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
As i mentioned earlier, the lab supply company i use is carrying a lot more carrier oils. Ive always used grape seed oil because i was told its the thinnest. Because of this thread and the new oils available, i decided to contact the lab supply company and ask them which oil is the thinnest that they carry. To my surprise they told me cottonseed is the thinnest. Interesting, im going to try cottonseed nexr time.

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Although I don't know how valid, I've heard the reason for cottonseed oil is its highly unlikely to be allergenic.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Could it also hold better than others? I know many pharm grade or human grades done have high mg concentrations so I dont think they have to worry about having a think concentration that wont pass a pin

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
I would always recommend (if you not allergic) using EO as your carrier or at least a 50/50 split.

Last edited:

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I would always recommend (if you allergic) using EO as your carrier or at least a 50/50 split.

What filters do you reccomend for a vaccuum style setup when using EO. Ive used a couple different Nalgene filters with no success. The filter melts on the blue ones and the holder melts on the red ones. Ive had success with pvfd whatman syringe filters, but i would like to stay with a vacuum type filter system.
I was going to try the whatman zap caps. Can you reccomend something disposable?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
What filters do you reccomend for a vaccuum style setup when using EO. Ive used a couple different Nalgene filters with no success. The filter melts on the blue ones and the holder melts on the red ones. Ive had success with pvfd whatman syringe filters, but i would like to stay with a vacuum type filter system.
I was going to try the whatman zap caps. Can you reccomend something disposable?

Not sure about homebrewing as I have never attempted but I like to point those in the right direction:)

Here is a right-up Dat did on filters, etc:

http://www.anasci.org/vB/anabolic-steroid-conversions/28539-basic-filtration-items.html

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB

Sorry been tied up with pm's the past few days.

Yes I use the zapcaps as well, which are disposable, although I find them to be a pain in the ass to get the seal, may only be me?

For the most part I will keep it around 40% EO because I do not brew high mg oils, so no real need to go above and have never had a problem. Also the price is much higher!

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I never used EO in my brews until i made TNE. I decided to add it to this recipe so a slin pin could be used. I used a 50/50 EO/GSO mix for my carrier. The Nalgene PES filter didnt last 30 seconds under vaccuum. Picture attached. As i stated before i finished the brew with syringe filters. Im glad you confirmed the ZapCaps will work.

Attachments

• Failed Filter.jpg
    Failed Filter.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 102

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Sorry, holy crap! I didnt mean to make the picture so large. If a mod would like to shrink it, please do.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I did some research on oil viscosity. There are some carrier oils that my lab supply source is carrying now that arent on this list. I would likt to verify their viscosities as well. But as you can see, this verifies what my supplier told me, cottonseed is the thinnest. Keep in mind, they do not carry safflower. This is what i found. Cottonseed is thinner than grapeseed, but safflower is even thinner.

Castor 297.0 - Thickest
Crambe 53.6
High-Oleic Safflower 41.2
Peanut 39.6
Sunflower 37.1
Grapeseed 37.0
Sesame 35.3
Corn 34.9*
Cottonseed 33.5*
Soybean 32.6
Safflower 31.3 - Thinnest

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Would the viscosity of the oil effect its ability to hold certain powders? Like would GSO hold 300mg Test better than Cottonseed? Or does the thinness of the oil not make a difference on how well the powder can be suspended without crashing