©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

WHOA MAMA.....Tren Cough!

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Well, I have been on Prop/Tren for about 6 weeks now, and today, I had my second episode of Tren Cough! Man.....That shit is not fun! I was prepared for the cough when I first started taking Tren. This time it came on really strong. Key was to keep calm, and let it pass (5 or 10 minutes.) Just wanted to make any of the bro's who have never used Tren aware that this can occur, and not to get freaked out when it does. ;)

W

wolfyEVH

you can get the cough from anything....some of the oil you're injecting gets in your lungs

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Ah....Yes...Pulminary Oil Embollisim. I believe it only happens when I nick a vein or perhaps inject in a site with a lot of blood flow. Had it happen in the Quad and Delt. Very weird sensation!

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Better make sure I asperate better I guess. Kind of get over confident when you have popped so many times.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Agreed. The cough is not specific to tren, but any oil getting to the lungs (from peripheral veins emptying to the right side of the heart, then getting pumped via the pulmonary artery into the lungs). Be sure to withdraw during the entire time that you insert the needle, not just when at initial injection depth. You could pass through a significant vein on the way in, yet not see blood if you just withdraw prior to injecting at a greater depth. If you withdraw as you inject (to help spread out the oil a bit), you may re-enter that vein and send some oil up to the lungs. I know most of you know that, but figured I'd say it anyways.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
stealthmeister said:
Agreed. The cough is not specific to tren, but any oil getting to the lungs (from peripheral veins emptying to the right side of the heart, then getting pumped via the pulmonary artery into the lungs). Be sure to withdraw during the entire time that you insert the needle, not just when at initial injection depth. You could pass through a significant vein on the way in, yet not see blood if you just withdraw prior to injecting at a greater depth. If you withdraw as you inject (to help spread out the oil a bit), you may re-enter that vein and send some oil up to the lungs. I know most of you know that, but figured I'd say it anyways.

No,stealth most do not know it.
this event comes up every now and then and it freaks guys out.
In any event fellas and once again what stealth said is exactly what is happening[Stealth,I'm glad you got that one]
"what happens if you cough during/after injection" SHOULD BE A STICKY.

DecaDude

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
nevermind the cough, if you get enough oil communicating with blood vessels, you would probably get a serious stroke.

Stay with the glutes. or be very careful.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
DecaDude said:
nevermind the cough, if you get enough oil communicating with blood vessels, you would probably get a serious stroke.

Stay with the glutes. or be very careful.
No you won't. A stroke would only occur if the oil made it to the left side of the heart, then out the aorta and up the carotid or vertebral arteries to the brain. The oil would be filtered / stuck in the lungs in the blood on the way from right heart to left heart. Some rare exceptions would be if you had a "hole in the heart"...atrial or ventricular septal defects...or pulmonary arterio-venous shunts, etc. allowing communication of blood from right to left heart. In that case, however, there's a very good chance you would already know about it (heart murmur, cyanotic spells, endocarditis, shortness of breath, prior stroke, etc.)

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
stealthmeister said:
No you won't. A stroke would only occur if the oil made it to the left side of the heart, then out the aorta and up the carotid or vertebral arteries to the brain. The oil would be filtered / stuck in the lungs in the blood on the way from right heart to left heart. Some rare exceptions would be if you had a "hole in the heart"...atrial or ventricular septal defects...or pulmonary arterio-venous shunts, etc. allowing communication of blood from right to left heart. In that case, however, there's a very good chance you would already know about it (heart murmur, cyanotic spells, endocarditis, shortness of breath, prior stroke, etc.)

dats right fellas...ditto.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Freejay said:
Well, I have been on Prop/Tren for about 6 weeks now, and today, I had my second episode of Tren Cough! Man.....That shit is not fun! I was prepared for the cough when I first started taking Tren. This time it came on really strong. Key was to keep calm, and let it pass (5 or 10 minutes.) Just wanted to make any of the bro's who have never used Tren aware that this can occur, and not to get freaked out when it does. ;)

Refer to my coughing post from about 3 weeks ago. Yeah that is some scary shit bro.

DecaDude

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Where's veins there's bound to be arteries. Neither is a good option. losing a million Alveoli or getting a stroke.

when injecting stanozolol the effect can be similar to a sclerosing solution which, in sclerotherapy, is used to collapse walls of veins. Personally, I think this is unlikely, but nevertheless supports the notion to keep away from areas of high concentrations of veins.

Sometimes the vein can be punctured through and through, and the injectant can be aspirated by the valve actions of the deep veins found in the quad. Effectively pumping the solution into the vein. yuk.

Which would ironically bring me to my question. I have .5cc Test. Cyp. and .5cc Nandrolone Dec. that I will put into one syringe. Can I safely inject both oil solutions into the Quad? My ass is getting sore and I'm afraid of getting an "oil abcess", unless that's just an old wives tale.?

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
DecaDude said:
Where's veins there's bound to be arteries. Neither is a good option. losing a million Alveoli or getting a stroke.

when injecting stanozolol the effect can be similar to a sclerosing solution which, in sclerotherapy, is used to collapse walls of veins. Personally, I think this is unlikely, but nevertheless supports the notion to keep away from areas of high concentrations of veins.

Sometimes the vein can be punctured through and through, and the injectant can be aspirated by the valve actions of the deep veins found in the quad. Effectively pumping the solution into the vein. yuk.

Which would ironically bring me to my question. I have .5cc Test. Cyp. and .5cc Nandrolone Dec. that I will put into one syringe. Can I safely inject both oil solutions into the Quad? My ass is getting sore and I'm afraid of getting an "oil abcess", unless that's just an old wives tale.?

I inject 2cc's every time be it delt, quad or glute. Have only had the cough twice in 2 full cycles.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
Never had the cough and have used quads and delts just as much as glutes.

I always make sure to aspirate(lol, asspirate).

However, I don't really understand what Stealthmeister is saying here:
Stealthmeister said:
Be sure to withdraw during the entire time that you insert the needle, not just when at initial injection depth. You could pass through a significant vein on the way in, yet not see blood if you just withdraw prior to injecting at a greater depth.

I thought you should aspirate/pull back the plunger once you have the needle all the way in, then if there's no blood--inject. Are you saying that this practice is not correct? Should I pull the plunger back/aspirate throughout the entire time I'm inserting the needle, or did I misunderstand the above quote?

Thanks.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
powermad said:
Never had the cough and have used quads and delts just as much as glutes.

I always make sure to aspirate(lol, asspirate).

However, I don't really understand what Stealthmeister is saying here:

I thought you should aspirate/pull back the plunger once you have the needle all the way in, then if there's no blood--inject. Are you saying that this practice is not correct? Should I pull the plunger back/aspirate throughout the entire time I'm inserting the needle, or did I misunderstand the above quote?

Thanks.
Hey Powermad. Sorry, I'll try to clarify......Yes, I pull back / aspirate the whole time that I insert the needle. If you just aspirate at your final depth and only inject all oil at that final depth without moving the needle, then no problem with your approach. However, I tend to slowly withdraw the needle (1 1/2 in needle) while I inject to reduce pain / spread the oil more in the muscle / reduce the lump. So, because of that, if I only checked for veins at full insertion depth, I may not have noticed going through a vein during needle insertion, only to pass back through it and inject oil into it on the way out. I hope that helps.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Oh yeah, also.......even if there are arteries in the same area that you inject, you won't get a stroke in your brain. Arterial blood goes to the periphery (muscles, fingers, toes, etc.) and then veins drain that blood back to the heart. Thus, the only arteries that would be injected into that would result in stroke would be ones going to the brain. We don't tend to inject oils in the neck, thus avoid the carotid or vertebral arteries going to the brain. However, you would indeed get an oil embolism and possible capillary occlusion or problems in the small capillaries in fingers, toes, muscles near injection site, etc. if you hit a small artery while injecting and the oil got carried downstream.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
I dont know wut dat is!?

I'll be glad when transdermal application becomes perfected and as effective as injection(they're here actually).One of our good friends here at AnaSCI has made them available nearby(so to speak)
Anytime you're injecting something into your body,there are particular cautions that you must take.Without exception.I've recently seen IMO too much talk about injection sites as if the 6 on our asses isn't enough...(perhaps Im too old school)Butt....
If we advocate the use of site injections from head to toe on an internet forum,likelyhood of incidents will rise.period.
Use of injectable anabolic compounds has become a hobby when you think you need to experiment by poking every muscle group and it's my opinion that at that point it's abuse or can become abuse,it's unnecessary and at the very least it increases health risks and/or incident.Risk then outwieghs benefit.
I will also say there is a great amount of influence us veteran users have on young new guys that come onto these boards and it's good for the most part.They'd be flying blind and stupid without it...let's not forget the application of AS in bodybuilding is and can be of GREAT benefit,but the individuals have to make the gains.I'm puking out this conservative slant because I just dont want anyone,mostly new guys to lose sight of common sense when it comes the use and benefit of anabolic compounds.
Know this.In the long run,without a conservative common sense approach, a cough will be least of your worries.It's true with anything.BE PRACTICAL-

...EVERYTHING in moderation
(I do believe as a group we convey that message here)

Last edited:

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
kell11 said:
I've recently seen IMO too much talk about injection sites as if the 6 on our asses isn't enough...(perhaps Im too old school)Butt....
If we advocate the use of site injections from head to toe on an internet forum,likelyhood of incidents will rise.period.
Use of injectable anabolic compounds has become a hobby when you think you need to experiment by poking every muscle group and it's my opinion that at that point it's abuse or can become abuse,it's unnecessary and at the very least it increases health risks and/or incident.Risk then outwieghs benefit.

Hey Kell,

I've read you saying this a few times and I tend to disagree with it. I think the very essence of what we are doing is experiementing with ourselves to see what works for us since nobody has the same responses. Like some people love the glute sites (like you) and others prefer quads, delts, and was it DR who likes the pecs? When I first tried that ventrogluteal site I was amazed at how much better it was than any other site before or since. I intend to eventually try every site (except for traps since one of the vets warned against that from his work-out partner's experience) I want to learn about my body. Basically, we experiement with our exercise routines, with our diets, and with our cycles, so to experiement with the injection sites makes good sense to me.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Andrew said:
Hey Kell,

I've read you saying this a few times and I tend to disagree with it. I think the very essence of what we are doing is experiementing with ourselves to see what works for us since nobody has the same responses. Like some people love the glute sites (like you) and others prefer quads, delts, and was it DR who likes the pecs? When I first tried that ventrogluteal site I was amazed at how much better it was than any other site before or since. I intend to eventually try every site (except for traps since one of the vets warned against that from his work-out partner's experience) I want to learn about my body. Basically, we experiement with our exercise routines, with our diets, and with our cycles, so to experiement with the injection sites makes good sense to me.
Andrew I DO NOT disagree with you. An educated mind makes ALL the difference in my opinion on the matter.
The ventrogluteal site is a sweet shot.
It's the "read all about it" idea that I try to impress the most.thats all.
I respect and appreciate every word you said,that's a normal attitude in bodybuilding-but it wasn't aimed at the experienced and I think it's just smart for the newbies to take a pragmatic approach in the beginning.
And that is what we do best here-offer practical educated advice.