©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Would like some advice please

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
IB mentioned last in my initial pics I need more inferior and medial trap (im assuming this, bc superior are damn near to my ears). And yes, he is very right. I need help bringing them up. Ive recently started doing partial rows on hammer strength machine, moving just scapula and not arms, to really squeeze that area, but that's all I got. if anyone could please point me in a direction, ,maybe links or pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
IB mentioned last in my initial pics I need more inferior and medial trap (im assuming this, bc superior are damn near to my ears). And yes, he is very right. I need help bringing them up. Ive recently started doing partial rows on hammer strength machine, moving just scapula and not arms, to really squeeze that area, but that's all I got. if anyone could please point me in a direction, ,maybe links or pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

60 Seconds on Muscle - Shrugs - Repeat in a loop

Branch says "heavy" barbell and "heavy" dumbell shrugs.
And EVERYONE knows Branch got some massive traps

Before i hurt the shoulders....i would do 495lb straight barbell shrugs...4-5sets
I loved doin them. no lighter. no heavier(no more plates...lol)

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I like shrugs but try these for variety.
Lay chest down on an incline bench, arms hanging down with dumbbells in hand. Pull the dumbells up, squeezing those lower traps.

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
I like shrugs but try these for variety.
Lay chest down on an incline bench, arms hanging down with dumbbells in hand. Pull the dumbells up, squeezing those lower traps.

that is the variant I mentioned. cept mine was 45degrees rather than parallel

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
60 Seconds on Muscle - Shrugs - Repeat in a loop

Branch says "heavy" barbell and "heavy" dumbell shrugs.
And EVERYONE knows Branch got some massive traps

Before i hurt the shoulders....i would do 495lb straight barbell shrugs...4-5sets
I loved doin them. no lighter. no heavier(no more plates...lol)

I can already shrug that mate. my superior traps are fine (what an upright shrug would target, mostly.) im reffering to the "back straps" the area between the scapula.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Standing rope pulls over head .like you want to pound both fists on a wall but instead use a cable lat pull down .hook up v rope.put one foot on seat and pull rope over head with thumbs facing back and squeeze upon contraction. Thicken those bad boys up...ib

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Omega, give this a shot. Get on a cable row and use either a triceps rope or a close neutral grip row attachment. Don't go really heavy. Grab the rope/handle and allow your arms to be at full extension and let your scapulas expand by relaxing your back and shoulders. You should feel you back kind of roll forward and get very wide. Once you reach the maximum streched position fully contract your scapulas and hold the peak contraction for several seconds.

Give that a try and see if that hits where you are looking to grow

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
Snatch Grip Deadlifts. Trust me.

would you say that the whole movement (from squat to straight leg) is necessary? as in doing a half dead lift (rack pull). my dead lift sucks because I don't like big compound movements like that. ive always trained isolation. ive never understood training your entire body for one part. get me?

just trying to understand the logic in this movement. thanks mate.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
how tall are said blocks?

6”? You want to be able to easily pass the knee and the spine should be close to parallel to the floor near the start.

Bar should be at mid-shin when the plates are sitting on the blocks. you could also do it as a rack pull if you don't have blocks.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
6”? You want to be able to easily pass the knee and the spine should be close to parallel to the floor near the start.

Bar should be at mid-shin when the plates are sitting on the blocks. you could also do it as a rack pull if you don't have blocks.

Yeah, I do them as a rack pull with pins set at mid-shin. These bad boys will torch ya up :)

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I do them off the floor for greater time under tension, but rack deads or off blocks should work well too.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Omega, give this a shot. Get on a cable row and use either a triceps rope or a close neutral grip row attachment. Don't go really heavy. Grab the rope/handle and allow your arms to be at full extension and let your scapulas expand by relaxing your back and shoulders. You should feel you back kind of roll forward and get very wide. Once you reach the maximum streched position fully contract your scapulas and hold the peak contraction for several seconds.

Give that a try and see if that hits where you are looking to grow
Glad u went technical on what i meant.its a good movement.

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
thanks guys. Ive done rack pulls before, but never with the snatch grip. will try from ground, but I have a weak lower back, so may have to use rack for maximum load.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
thanks guys. Ive done rack pulls before, but never with the snatch grip. will try from ground, but I have a weak lower back, so may have to use rack for maximum load.

snds dumb...but i use dumbells and sit on incline bench n do shrugs...stand str8 shrugs n also bent over shrugs. 3 diff angles.