©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

30 solid pounds in 6 months

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Have you ever tried doing 1.5 reps (a la Meadows) for your chest/db exercises? One of the gyms I hit only has DBs to 100s (45kgs-ish), so, sometimes I have to get a little creative and using the lighter weight and 1.5 reps is good way to do that and get some good work in. Something to consider if you'd want to try something different...

-s

Thanks for the suggestion. I am always trying to be creative and making things up when training. Whenever I hear about something new or see something on you-tube I tend to try it. I have tried the 1.5 reps too. With lighter db's I usually just slow down the reps so things like 5 sec negatives. Although recently I have mainly been concentrating on getting my strength up via barbells or plate loaded machines as I can go as heavy as possible on them. I am going to start using more db's as well as I haven't used them as much recently. I find even 40kg db's are plenty when you really slow down the reps and make sure form is 100%.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I decided to leave training tonight as my back was not feeling great. In fact my gf gave me a back massage and at one point when trying to move over she pushed my lower back to sit up and it felt like it was going to go. I know it's best to just leave it a day when it is like that. It will never fully recover so I just have to work around it. I am feeling good though and my chest, shoulder and bi-cep workout was great on Sat...

Warm up with db's
DB Lateral Raises... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set for 11 reps.
DB Front Alternative Raises... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 8 reps and a few partials for each side.
High Incline DB Presses... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 14 reps.
Smith Decline Presses... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 11 reps with 3 plates a side.
Chest Dips... 1 warm up and 1 working set of 10 reps.
Standing Cable Crossover... 1 working set of 24 reps.
Standing Bi-cep Cable Curls... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 12 reps with squeezes on every rep.
DB Hammer Curls... 1 warm up and 1 working set of 9 reps with 2 partials.
Barbell Reverse Curls... 1 working set of 16 reps.
Forearm work for 5 mins (cable wrist curls front and backwards),
Back Stretches.

I had a few upper body pics taken about 1 hour post workout. The first 2 look a bit odd but I haven't edited them in anyway it's just the weird purple light we have (like it for pics though). I am very hairy but just thought I would post to show how I am doing at the moment. In person I can see I have made big improvments in my chest development over the last 6 months. It's much better than it was so gonna carry on doing what I have been.

qs2zx0.jpg

2czu4a1.jpg

swu5iu.jpg

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Thank you for the support. I am up to 238 pounds so 23 pounds up so far. Obviously the weight changes through the day but I always weigh myself in the evening.

On Monday I trained back and what a difference a day makes. That 1 day break and my back was feeling much better. Just the usual and going as heavy as possible for most movements. One thing that stands out was I tried some rack pulls. Everyone probably knows by now my lower back is messed up but I managed to do 2 plates a side. There was a time when 6 plates a side was my heavy set but right now 2 plates is a major achievement for me. Perhaps I shouldn't even risk it but it felt good to pull that weight. I definitely felt it the next day too :D

I had a break on Tues and today was due to train legs. However I have organized to train in my mates gym 2moro. He has a hack squat machine, standing calf raise and lying leg curl (my gym has none of those) so I decided to save legs for 2moro. Tonight I trained shoulders with some arms. 95% of the time I use slow and controlled reps but sometimes I just feel like going a bit mental so I did. I know his form can be very crazy at times but I love watching Branch Warren vids before training to get me even more fired up. So in my head I thought heavy as possible db lateral raises with bent elbows, db front raises and a shoulder press of some kind. My workout looked like...

Warm up with db's
Standing DB Lateral Raises... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set with 26kg db's
Standing DB Alternating Front Raises... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set with 20kg db's.
Seated 20kg plate front raise... 1 working set of 22 reps.
Seated Smith Shoulder Press... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set with 3 plates a side for 6 reps.
Machine Shoulder Press... 1 working set with 4 drops. Started with the full weight rack and just moved down.
About 15 mins of arms using a variety of exercises (db's, barbell, cables and machines.
Back Stretches

I have been getting to the gym quite late recently only leaving time for a few stretches at the end before I get a shower. Tonight I brought my rumble roller and used that for 5 mins. I stretch/crack my back all the time but using that tonight felt amazing. I definitely needed it and will start using it more. I will start going the gym earlier and bring it with me so I can do my back and calves regularly.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Last night I upped my syntherol to 0.8ml in 4 spots in each calf. Every injection was easy. Most of the time the injections are easy but I might get one that bleeds a lot or I hit something minor. But last night literally 8 pain free injs with next to no blood so not bad at all :D My AAS shot in my glutes also went in easy and that is rare as my glutes have been left with loads of scar tissue due to years of injecting the same area.

Next time I will up my dose again to 1ml in 4 spots in each calf and stay at that dose for the next week or so. I am also going to start putting some in my bi-ceps to really help them stand out. I will start with 1ml in both heads of each bi-cep totalling 2ml each and do that eod :)

My doses are currently...

612.5mg Sust
350mg Primo E
350mg NPP
200mg Deca
10mg MK-677 ed
4.5mg LGD-4033 ed
20mg Nolvadex eod
1.25mg Bromocriptine eod.

I am gonna keep my aas doses the same for awhile but I may double the MK and LGD in the near future. I will also add in humalog at 5IU maybe twice daily (4 days per week) in a few weeks too. When I add the slin I will add in 2ml synthetine with each shot too. My weight is holding steady so I will be upping food from 2moro to add to things. Then will come the MK/LGD to add to things again. Then the final stage the slin/synthetine so I am hoping I can get at least another 15 pounds (bodyfat staying the same) with these additions. Then I will up food again and just carry on the process.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
The Science of Calf Training Fully Explained (8 Studies) - YouTube

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Good to see the young guy (video) still using the time proven donkey calf raises. Arnold was big (literally) on these as well as many of the guys of that era.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Good to see the young guy (video) still using the time proven donkey calf raises. Arnold was big (literally) on these as well as many of the guys of that era.

My old gym used to have a donkey calf raise machine that was amazing. I wish I had that now. I will have to set up something like he does in the video. I don't trust my lower back doing them in the smith machine with much heavier weight :eek: I have done them in the last few months but standing behind an elevated bench and just using bodyweight (usually after a heavy set of leg press calf raises).

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
On Thursday I ended up training legs in my mates gym. It's a small gym but has everything you need. I wanted to do supersets but there were 2 other guys training legs so I stuck to 1 exercise at a time.

Standing Calf Raises... 5 warm up sets and 3 working sets (different rep ranges).
Lying Leg Curls... 5 warm up set and 3 working sets (different rep ranges).
Leg Press... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set of 20 reps.
Hack Squat... 4 warm up sets and 2 working sets of 12 and 6 reps.
Leg Extensions... 2 pump sets of 15 reps with extra slow rep speed.
Back and Leg Stretches.

On Friday I was going to train but my body felt sore and I figured rest and I can put more into training today. I have been getting some mild pain in my right lat the last few days (seems to be gone today) so I will train chest later. Then 2moro most likely back and maybe hamstrings. I have purposely been training calves just on leg days but I will start adding a few sessions through the week when training upper body too.

Here is a leg pic from Thursday morning no pump...

2zq7x2s.jpg

Sometimes I get pics done and they look complete crap depending upon the angle. My legs are very long which doesn't help so I guess I have to get them at a good angle for them to look like I train them :eek::D

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Today I am going to eat...

Weightgain shake (40g pro, 80g carbs, 10g fat) with 3g fish oil added. I always eat whole food for my first meal so today was an exception.

Turkey breast, red peppers, mushrooms and pea pasta (drizzled with extra virgin olive oïl). Plus 1g blackcurrant seed oil and 1g wheatgerm oil.

Homemade chicken soup made with chicken breast, wholegrain barley and various vegetables.

Pre workout I will have a big steak with rice cakes and 1 blood orange afterwards.

Intra will be 3 scoops (75g) evogen glycoject and 25g aminos (10g leucine).

Post workout will be chicken with yellow peppers and jasmine rice.

Synthepure smoothie made with 1 apple, 1 kiwi, frozen berries, 2 spoons of oats, spinach, hazelnuts and water. Plus 1g blackcurrant seed oïl and 1g wheatgerm oïl.

Pre bed probably cottage cheese and peanut butter but that may change. I will also add 3g fish oïl.

I have been having the fusilli pea pasta recently due to it's great macros. However I only realized it is rich in Iron recently so I may have to limit it's intake. My iron levels are high so I need to monitor them.

100g pasta= 1.5g fat (0.16g saturated), 51.7g carbs (4.9g sugar), 12.5g fibre, 23.5g protein and 0.018g salt.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
As people know I had to stop all injections when I went away for 2 weeks. But since being back I am on a steady routine injecting calves with syntherol eod. My calves are just over 1.5 inches bigger so far. I have only been doing 0.7-0.8ml in 4 spots in each calf. I simply need to inject more if I want them to grow faster.

Tonight I will be doing 1ml in 4 spots in each calf and will look at increasing to 1.2ml in 4 spots over the week. I am looking at things gradually but sure for fun I may up to a larger amount to make them really stand out. Although even now they feel so much fuller and rock hard all the time. They pretty much feel pumped up 24/7. Here are 2 pics from yesterday.

2psela8.jpg

9u8ch3.jpg

I am hoping to get them another inch bigger in the next 2-3 weeks and going on my recent progress I think I can do that with the slightly larger amounts and increased training.

I also done my bi-ceps for the first time yesterday. I done 1ml in both heads for each bi-cep. The difference with just 2 ml is ridiculous. They have felt fuller and more pumped since. They did feel a little sore after the shot but it has gone now. When I flex them I can definitely feel it more but I wouldn't call it sore. Here are 2 quick unpumped pics from an hour a go...

2ciipn9.jpg

25uk7cy.jpg

Gonna get read for the gym now. I am thinking calves and chest. For a change some heavy machine presses, flyes and I will add something else in there :)

Racepicks

AnaSCI VIP
Jan 5, 2013
My apologies if this was already addressed. I would think that calf injections are painful for days after. Uncomfortable, at the very least. Am I wrong? In any case, you're looking good, E. You may need to purchase a double seat for your next vacation. Any plans to return to Punta Cana? I may go back this year.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
My apologies if this was already addressed. I would think that calf injections are painful for days after. Uncomfortable, at the very least. Am I wrong? In any case, you're looking good, E. You may need to purchase a double seat for your next vacation. Any plans to return to Punta Cana? I may go back this year.

Hi matey, it's good to see you posting on here. Interestingly for me calf injections are nowhere as bad as you would think. Syntherol is very smooth and contains tiny amounts of BA (1%) so I don't get issues. But obviously the higher the dose the worst things can be. I have never got pip like I do with AAS injections were it stings etc. It's more a tightness in your calves that feels great but very weird at first. The one issue that could be seen as a positive or negative is my calves tend to get super pumped up very easily. So when training them they can burn as the pump is so strong.

I have developed a system and injection technique that now things are easy most of the time. The biggest struggle is just actually doing the injections as no one wants to pin their calves 8 times :eek::D Generally most find it hardest in the 1 week but after that it gets easier as your calves get used to the injections. I would never put AAS in my calves though as that would most likely be much more painful/uncomfortable over time.

LGD-4033
what does it do?
I am on 30mg of mk 677 right now pr day
Love mk

My caps are 10mg MK-677 and 4.5mg LGD-4033 and I am only using one per day at the moment. I have used LGD alone in the past at a higher dose. There is info about LGD all over the internet. It's a SARM and for me is great for aggression in the gym and muscle hardness/growth. Her eis an article on it...

LGD-4033

You've probably seen the phrase "Testosterone is king" about a million times in the bodybuilding world. I'm certainly not going to argue against this statement, and if I did, you'd probably call me an idiot. That's because injecting testosterone and its synthetic variants (anabolic steroids) leads to significant increases in lean muscle mass and strength.

This being said, many bodybuilders and researchers are turning to selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) as a way to produce the muscle-building effects of testosterone, without the side effects. Originally developed to treat muscle wasting in cancer patients, SARMs are now heralded for increasing lean muscle mass, building strength and enhancing one's overall quality of life.

Of course, not all SARMs are created equal, and some are much more powerful than others. Case in point, LGD-4033 is an extremely powerful SARM that delivers far more muscle-building potential than other non-steroid SARMs.

LGD-4033 has been put through several studies, including a Phase I Multiple Ascending Dose study. The Phase I research was conducted on 116 healthy male subjects over the course of 21 days. Each male received doses of 0.1, 0.3 or 1.0 mg of LGD-4033 or placebo once a day. The study concluded that LGD-4033 was safe at all three doses, subjects' lean muscle mass increased, strength increased, and no changes in liver function tests, PSA, hematocrit or ECG were seen.

What exactly is LGD-4033?

LGD-4033 is a non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator that can create anabolic activity in muscles, features a robust selectivity for muscle and bonus versus prostate and sebaceous glands, and demonstrates anti-resorptive and anabolic activity in bones.

What Benefits does LGD provide?

LGD-4033 is renowned for its ability to help increase muscle mass and strength. That said many bodybuilders use this SARM during their bulking phase to add size and lean muscle mass. Some bodybuilders have reported gains of 10 pounds or more following an 8-week cycle. Studies have also shown that LGD can reduce body fat at certain dosages and increase the overall well-being.

What's the Recommended Dosage?

Many researchers start a dosage of 1 mg per day for up to eight weeks. According to popular bodybuilding forums, bodybuilders in extreme bulking phases have safely taken up to 15 mg per day. Others report topping out at 8-10 mg daily for an 8-week cycle.

How does LGD-4033 differ from Testosterone and other steroids?

First off, LGD-4033 is taken orally, which is different from testosterone and anabolic steroids, which are administered through injections. And unlike steroids, this SARM doesn't convert to estrogen, which can cause gyno and water retention, or Dihydrotestosterone, which can lead to acne, hair loss and an enlarged prostate. That said, LGD provides muscle-building capabilities that are similar to steroids, without the same side effects.

Does LGD-4033 have any Side Effects?

Although side effects are far milder than testosterone, this SARM can cause a drop in testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). But the reduction of testosterone and SHBG is dependant on the dosage administered and whether or not one undergoes post-cycle therapy. Amazingly, LGD-4033 hasn't been shown to cause Luteinizing hormone (LH) or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) to decrease, meaning recovery after a cycle of LGD is quick.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Last night I had a great workout. I felt like an animal in the gym :D I decided to train calves, chest and tri-ceps but mainly stick to machines for a change.

Horizontal Leg Press Calf Push Presses... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 14 reps.
Seated Cable Row... 2 sets to warm up my back using a shoulder width grip.
Warm up shoulders and chest with 3kg db's.
Technogym Incline Chest Press... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set with 3 1/2 plates a side.
Technogym Chest Press... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set with 3.5 plates a side.
Machine Chest Flyes... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set.
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set with 2 1/2 plates a side.
Rope Pushdowns... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set of 14 reps.
Tri-cep Dip Machine... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set with 4 plates a side for 22 reps.
Back Stretches

I have weighed more before but post workout I don't think my chest has ever looked bigger. My whole upper body was pumped up to the max. I can be my own worst critic but I literally looked way better than I have ever looked. It's hard to say which element has contributed most but it's safe to say the main ones are my pre workout drink, npp, mk-677 and my intra shake (usually about 75g carbs).

It's worth nothing when I warm up I usually start with about 20 reps then I go down to 15 then 10 but it can vary depending upon the body part. Then my working set is to complete failure and that can be anything from 5 to 20 reps again depending upon the exercise etc. However, recently on a few occasions if one of my warm up sets is heavy I may just do about 5 reps to get accustomed to the weight to prevent injury but save myself so I can put everything into my working set. I don't do this a lot but it is more common when training chest and warming up with say 2 1/2 to 3 plates.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I had a day off yesterday but trained back the day before. I was planning to train legs tonight but will leave it for 2moro and do shoulders instead (trained legs after shoulders last week anyway). Back training was great and I went very heavy for most things. The one thing in my mind was not do anything heavy for lower back as it was a bit sensitive that day...

Rear Delts using the Lateral Raise machine facing backwards... 3 sets of 15 reps to warm up. I don't trust my lower back going too heavy with these now.
Incline Bench Rear Delt Raises... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set of 11 reps.
Incline Bench DB High Row... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 14 reps.
One Armed DB Rows... 1 warm up set and 1 working set for each arm.
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set with the full weight rack.
Reverse Close Grip Pulldowns... 1 warm up set and 1 working set with 3 drops.
Seated Cable Row... 3 warm up sets and 1 working drop set with 4 drops.
Lower Back Extension... decided to train lower back and done about 5 sets of 15 reps.
Bi-cep work for 10 mins or so. Really fast paced and went heavy on trhe preacher curl machine.
Back Stretches.

Just rushing now as I need to go to the gym. I have a few things I need to update so will mention them later. Have a good day everyone :)

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have just got back from training shoulders. I added in some calves at the start too. But my main calf day will be 2moro. I am feeling great and had an amazing workout but definitely feeling it now. I tried Redcon1's Total War preworkout for the first time and it was great. I could barely move my arms by the end of training. I changed the order around a little and my workout consisted of...

Horizontal Leg Press Calf Push Presses... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set of about 15 reps.
Warm Up with shoulders with 3kg db's.
Barbell Upright Row... 3 warm up sets and 1 working set of 10 reps.
Smith Machine Shoulder Press... 5 warm up sets and 1 working drop set. I done my 5 rep heavy warm up on here. I went for 3 plates a side and only got 4 reps. So I quickly decided to make it a drop set with 2 drops.
Standing DB Lateral Raises... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set with 20kg db's.
Cable Front Raises... 2 warm up sets and 1 working set of 10 reps.
Shrugs using the Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (standing on the seat)... 1 set of 50 reps with 3 plates a side.
Back Stretches.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Last night I trained legs but was late to the gym and only had about 40 mins. My workout looked like...

Standing Barbell Calf Raises... 2 sets of 20 reps.
Leg Press Calf Presses... 3 warm up sets and 2 working sets.
Hip Abductor supersetted with Hip Adductor... 4 warm up sets and 1 working set for both.
Standing Leg Curls supersetted with Leg Press... 3 warm up sets and 2 working sets for the LC's all supersetted with 20 rep leg press sets.
Leg Press... I then decided to add on 1 plate a side and do 5 reps to warm up to a heavy weight. I did think go up then fail with a weight at about 8+ reps but I over done it. I went up too much to the point I failed on my last set at 3 reps. I say too much as my knees have not been good. I think even with the knowledge of what's best we can still be guilty of ego lifting :eek: This leg press is at a weird angle too and feels very heavy and I put on 13 plates a side (the max it fits. Nothing major but the inflammation literally meant I could barely do a bodyweight squat afterwards. Today I am limping but nothing too bad and I won't be repeating that any time soon :eek::D

That brings me onto something I forgot to mention. When I ordered my cholesterol supplments I also added some Now Foods digestive enzymes plus extra bromelain too. In addition to some vitamin c and burdock root. I will list everything I am using and why. Please note once my blood values improve I will be halving these supplements and sticking to core ones.

1. Jarrow Formulas Artichoke... liver and cholesterol metabolism, digestion etc.

2. Now Foods Cholesterol Pro (500mg citrus bergamot and 800mg plant stérols)... cholesterol, blood glucose, cardiovascular health etc.

3. Now Foods Sytrinol at 1 cap am/pm. 1 cap includes 150mg sytrinol, 10mg policosanol amongst other things... cholesterol, anti-oxidant etc.

4. Healthy Origins Ubiquinol... heart health, blood pressure, cholesterol etc.

5. Jarrow Formulas Pantethine... cholesterol, inflammation, immune system etc.

6. Now Foods Red Yeast Rice 600mg with Q10 at 30mg... cholesterol, blood circulation, digestion etc.

7. Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract... heart health, blood pressure, cholesterol, immune system etc.

8. Solgar Fish Oil... heart health, inflammation, blood pressure, cholesterol etc.

9. Now Foods Blackcurrant Seed Oil... inflammation, immune system, blood flow, joints etc.

10. Now Foods Wheatgerm Oil... cholesterol, blood circulation, anti-oxidant etc.

11. Synthergine... liver health, stress and cortisol levels etc.

12. Multi Vitamin... covers all bases

13. Cherry Extract... vitamin c, anti-oxidant, inflammation etc.

14. Vitamin D3... healthy bones and teeth, immune system and improved muscxle function etc.

15. Digestive Enzymes... digestion, nutrient utilization, assisting cell growth and repair etc.

16. Bromelain... protein digestion, joints, inflammation, muscle repair etc.

17. Burdock Root... blood purifier, skin etc.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I just done another set of syntherol injections. They have been so easy so far but my calves then didn't go well at all. I kept on hitting things and didn't help matters as I was trying to go faster tonight. One injection was a full on blood squirt when I pulled the needle out. Bi-ceps are so easy compared to calves. I don't even have to try when doing bi-ceps. Every inject I done was 1ml and that consisted of 4 for each calf (2 inner and 2 outer) and 2 for each bi-cep (1 inner and 1 outer). I tried doing much lower down (closer to the elbow) for 2 bi-cep injs for a change. In the past when I tried that I sometimes experienced some pip so I will see how I am tomorrow. But so far they feel great.

My calves feel great now but I definitely need to start massaging them more. I think I will also start using slightly longer needles to prevent any lumping. No major issues but I am only using 1/2 inch for my calves so even just 5/8 to 1 inch would be better. All in all though everything is going great. I just need to focus on putting more effort in so I can carry on progressing.

I have softened up a little and that will be from a combination of raised estrogen, higher fat intake and perhaps the MK-677. I want to leave an AI out until I get another blood test in just over 1 week. But after that I will start using a low dose of aromasin.

My knees are feeling better but I am still limping. I will see how I am tomorrow but I plan to train abs, chest and maybe tri-ceps. Gonna dose 1.25mg bromocriptine now and go to bed.