©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

CG's return to the game!

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I think I'm going to come in natural for awhile. I'm at 255 lbs now. I have the size, so I think I need to let it happen in the kitchen. I posted a cycle that I wanted to run no to long ago, but I held off on it.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Great looking family CG. I also want to day Thank You! I have laid around for a year now in what some may call a depression. I do the normal famity things and go to work, but I have stayed out of the gym for the most part.
Turning mid 40's last year and no longer competing took it's toll on me. I follow the posts and I see your commitment at your age and I ask myself " what the f--k am I doing?" Now I am motivated to do it again and get back to doing what I love. I can still push heavy weight and if I can get my diet in check I will post some photos. Have a safe and Happy New Years eveyone!

Bear

Bear, that's so flattering! Thanks for taking the time to come over and post buddy! Looking forward to the pics! and you have a grate New Year too.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
being off anabolics and going back on HARD can crash your immune system.

Ya know I didn't even think of that. Really good observation Psych. I took my last pill today. The meds turned my blood to water. Been getting nose bleeds just from blowing. Yes I took my BP and I'm GTG.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I think I'm going to come in natural for awhile. I'm at 255 lbs now. I have the size, so I think I need to let it happen in the kitchen. I posted a cycle that I wanted to run no to long ago, but I held off on it.

Good luck with that..lol I hate serious training when clean. But the up side is when ya step back on it you will see an immediate blow up witch is fun.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Stew with ASS behind it!

8lbs of hamburger, 4 large cans of beans and one full bottle of barbeque sauce, BAM! I'm making fresh rice in the rice cooker. Meals will be one scoop of stew over 3/4 cup of cooked rice. I start back up first thing in the morning. Those cardio machines have my name on them.

before.jpg

stew.jpg

Rice maker.JPG

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Just blasted out 30min on the stepper. Fun, fun, fun.

My weight this morning was 197.2lbs. Think it may be water and I'm back where I started around 195 again. I just started back on the gear so when that starts to sink into my cells I should pick a few back up there. The good thing about the water based gear is it's like orals. It hits quick and hard. I'll fill out again. I'm looking flat as hell at the moment. My first stew meal will be coming up shortly. :) Tonight I return to the gym for what will be at least a full week of total body training. I think this is the fastest way to get my body back to something I can start working with.
This is it guys. No more holidays. It's time to make things happen!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm doing 4X 12 to 15 I'm also training M to F every day. But this is just a blast to shake things up for real training. If you want to do Full Body Training this is what it looks like.

M W F you train. 4X 8 to 12 reps (TO FAILURE) <---don't bitch out! 2 to 3 minute rests between sets. So many guys just read the rest times and NEVER do it. It's huge and can totally change a workout from something your sister does to a brutal training session.
The single most important thing YOU MUST DO is "train to failure in each and every set". If you bitch out of sets then don't waste your time. Just get on a tread mill then. If you YouTube "full body training" There is a shit load of vids about how and why it works. I did it all last summer and love it. But there is a limit to what your going to gain from it. A full on competitive BBer isn't going to get the rewards from it that they need. But guys that want an IN and OUT and truly stay in grate shape should all try this. If you have any more questions or would like me to post up what I was doing last year I can.

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Couple things have changed:

1. Made a new batch of stew and this is the formula. 2lbs of hamburger to each 1 quart can of kidney beans. I added a can of corn to each can of beans also. Remember to put in as much barbeque sauce as you personally call for. I like a full bottle two two cans.

2. The work out has changed. Last week WTF I trained full body. I was sore over the weekend and today I started a M-full upper body T-full lower body W-full upper Th- full lower F- full upper. I will increase the intensity and sets in each training session as well. I just got back from the gym and I'm sore. Went straight for the stew after my shake. I just chug the shakes after training.

This weekend will be another truth telling scale and pics to see how the old body is waking up. The gear and protocol is unchanged.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Woke up extremely sore. Maybe it's time for a hot tub?. I have a jet tub in the master but it's a pain in the ass filling it up. Must take at least 20minutes.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Great pics CG. Christmas was like that for me. Your dogs are great. The food looks nice as well. I haven't had a stew for months.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ok so this is how leg night went at the gym. First I want to say I watched a video called "squat till ya puke" and decided to open up the return with this.

Because I can't get my arms behind my neck far enough to gab the bar on both sides at the same time, I did front squats. I started with sets of 10 and slowly went up as I went. I found myself modulating the weights to keep the failure rep as close to 10 as possible. About six sets in with about two minute rest periods I started to shake as I went down. 10 sets in I felt like just going home. But I didn't. I had to chase the weight down as I couldn't complete entire reps per set at this point. But I still reached true failure. 15 sets in my form was a distant memory and survival was the only rule. My upper/inner thigh's were on absolute fire.

I guess I was most upset because I'm realizing I don't feel like puking. Not even close. At this point I'm into this over 45minutes and it hurts to stand back up to walk to the rack. 22 sets in and it was lights out for me. I fucking quit!

I sat and talked to a guy that was watching the last few sets to make sure I didn't black out and hurt myself. I waited for when I thought I could walk to the locker room and grab my hoody. I went to stand back up and literally couldn't. It felt like thousands of knives poking at me in all activated muscles. I had my friend pull me up as I kept my legs straight. Once I was up I slowly started walking and freed my legs of that type of pain. But the numbness was mind blowing. Not sure if I have ever felt this before? If my jeep didn't sit so high getting back in the house would have been the same deal. But sliding out the door left me standing so I was ok.

This morning I'm hurting so bad I'm wondering if I can trian upper body tonight. May have never been in this much pain as a result of training? Pain in a good way. I feel litteraly every muscle activated to move the weight in a front squat. Just taking a shit this morningwas an event.lol IMO, this is maddness that I will never do again. But it did open up my views of pushing the window.

IMO, this type of training is an excelent way to brake a flat point in your training. I'm even mentaly beet up..... eat eat eat........

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well I did upper body Wednesday with no problems. It was a good one. This morning I get up and my legs are hurting worse than yesterday. I walked on the tread mill for45minutes at a setting of 2.5 That's about "walk in the park speed.
I figured this would loosen me up and I would be ok for legs tonight at the gym.
WRONG! Can't believe the lactic acid pain. I'm drinking tons of water and soaked in the tub to no avail. I was going to go in just to do calves and said fuck it....... Friday is just around the corner.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Ok so this is how leg night went at the gym. First I want to say I watched a video called "squat till ya puke" and decided to open up the return with this.

Because I can't get my arms behind my neck far enough to gab the bar on both sides at the same time, I did front squats. I started with sets of 10 and slowly went up as I went. I found myself modulating the weights to keep the failure rep as close to 10 as possible. About six sets in with about two minute rest periods I started to shake as I went down. 10 sets in I felt like just going home. But I didn't. I had to chase the weight down as I couldn't complete entire reps per set at this point. But I still reached true failure. 15 sets in my form was a distant memory and survival was the only rule. My upper/inner thigh's were on absolute fire.

I guess I was most upset because I'm realizing I don't feel like puking. Not even close. At this point I'm into this over 45minutes and it hurts to stand back up to walk to the rack. 22 sets in and it was lights out for me. I fucking quit!

I sat and talked to a guy that was watching the last few sets to make sure I didn't black out and hurt myself. I waited for when I thought I could walk to the locker room and grab my hoody. I went to stand back up and literally couldn't. It felt like thousands of knives poking at me in all activated muscles. I had my friend pull me up as I kept my legs straight. Once I was up I slowly started walking and freed my legs of that type of pain. But the numbness was mind blowing. Not sure if I have ever felt this before? If my jeep didn't sit so high getting back in the house would have been the same deal. But sliding out the door left me standing so I was ok.

This morning I'm hurting so bad I'm wondering if I can trian upper body tonight. May have never been in this much pain as a result of training? Pain in a good way. I feel litteraly every muscle activated to move the weight in a front squat. Just taking a shit this morningwas an event.lol IMO, this is maddness that I will never do again. But it did open up my views of pushing the window.

IMO, this type of training is an excelent way to brake a flat point in your training. I'm even mentaly beet up..... eat eat eat........

My last run
I couldn't get my hands on the bar to hold it
Time for Some one to break your fascia up or scar tissue
You will also grow like a fuck

You wil need to start stretching if you don't already
I went too see your back work out man

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Crazy as this may sound the squat till ya puke madness put 3/4 inch on my right thigh and 5/8 inch on the left. Probably water but I'm aloud to hope. No I'm not going to embarrass myself telling you guys how big my thighs are. lol

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Weigh in are here!

Well I was 197 in the middle of last week. This morning I weigh
((((( 212 )))))!!! I think the stew is on point. This is all good news I really haven't even started ramping the training or gear up. You will see in the pics the 15 pound gain in 1 1/2 weeks has landed in all the right spots. My legs, chest, shoulders, traps are all filling back out. This is all muscle memory at this point but hey, I'll take it. Things are rounding back out and fill up again. Must admit it's a good feeling. Guys, at 57 this is all good, believe me.

I'm going to do at least one more week of the upper /lower/upper/lower/upper per week training. Not sure how I'm going to do it yet but I'm going to slow the roll a little bit. My breathing is a little harder and I just feel strained. Can't explain how but it's not a good feeling. Just gaining 15lbs in a week and a half can't be healthy. I need to slow this down just so I don't throw a 7.

I'm posting scale pics from this point on because I know how many of you guys want to call "Bullshit". One more thing I want to point out is this muscle was all on me. I'm just filling existing cells back out at the moment. "Waking up the machine". The punishment hasn't even begun..........:action-smiley-054:

212.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Great work so far brotha

I Am gonna pm you or just start another thred on how or when I should start my cycle
I shou be cleared with the doc this week.
Got the drivers licence back (fuckers)
I am ready man
I want too try getting on stage the same time as you