©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bpc 157 injury healing

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
- BPC 157 has been shown in rat studies to heal torn quadriceps muscles, detached achilles tendon, muscles that have been damaged/crushed

- dramatic fast recovery from muscle tears
- tendon to bone healing

- increased ligament healing

- has a variety of protective effects in the organs

- human trials demonstrate healing and prevention of stomach ulcers

- no adverse reactions have been seen in human trials.[/B]

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Achilles detachment in rat and stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157: Promoted tendon-to-bone healing and opposed corticosteroid aggravation.

AuthorsKrivic A, et al. Show all Journal
J Orthop Res. 2006 May;24(5):982-9.

Affiliation
Abstract
Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (BPC 157, as an antiulcer agent in clinical trials for inflammatory bowel disease; PLD-116, PL 14736, Pliva, no toxicity reported) alone (without carrier) ameliorates healing of tendon and bone, respectively, as well as other tissues. Thereby, we focus on Achilles tendon-to-bone healing: tendon to bone could not be healed spontaneously, but it was recovered by this peptide. After the rat's Achilles tendon was sharply transected from calcaneal bone, agents [BPC 157 (10 microg, 10 ng, 10 pg), 6alpha-methylprednisolone (1 mg), 0.9% NaCl (5 mL)] were given alone or in combination [/kg body weight (b.w.) intraperitoneally, once time daily, first 30-min after surgery, last 24 h before analysis]. Tested at days 1, 4, 7, 10, 14, and 21 after Achilles detachment, BPC 157 improves healing functionally [Achilles functional index (AFI) values substantially increased], biomechanically (load to failure, stiffness, and Young elasticity modulus significantly increased), macro/microscopically, immunohistochemistry (better organization of collagen fibers, and advanced vascular appearance, more collagen type I). 6alpha-Methylprednisolone consistently aggravates the healing, while BPC 157 substantially reduces 6alpha-methylprednisolone healing aggravation. Thus, direct tendon-to-bone healing using stabile nontoxic peptide BPC 157 without a carrier might successfully exchange the present reconstructive surgical methods.

Copyright 2006 Orthopaedic Research Society.
PMID 16583442 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Achilles detachment in rat and stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157: Promoted tendon-to-bone healing and opposed corticosteroid aggravation.

AuthorsKrivic A, et al. Show all Journal
J Orthop Res. 2006 May;24(5):982-9.

Affiliation
Abstract
Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (BPC 157, as an antiulcer agent in clinical trials for inflammatory bowel disease; PLD-116, PL 14736, Pliva, no toxicity reported) alone (without carrier) ameliorates healing of tendon and bone, respectively, as well as other tissues. Thereby, we focus on Achilles tendon-to-bone healing: tendon to bone could not be healed spontaneously, but it was recovered by this peptide. After the rat's Achilles tendon was sharply transected from calcaneal bone, agents [BPC 157 (10 microg, 10 ng, 10 pg), 6alpha-methylprednisolone (1 mg), 0.9% NaCl (5 mL)] were given alone or in combination [/kg body weight (b.w.) intraperitoneally, once time daily, first 30-min after surgery, last 24 h before analysis]. Tested at days 1, 4, 7, 10, 14, and 21 after Achilles detachment, BPC 157 improves healing functionally [Achilles functional index (AFI) values substantially increased], biomechanically (load to failure, stiffness, and Young elasticity modulus significantly increased), macro/microscopically, immunohistochemistry (better organization of collagen fibers, and advanced vascular appearance, more collagen type I). 6alpha-Methylprednisolone consistently aggravates the healing, while BPC 157 substantially reduces 6alpha-methylprednisolone healing aggravation. Thus, direct tendon-to-bone healing using stabile nontoxic peptide BPC 157 without a carrier might successfully exchange the present reconstructive surgical methods.

Copyright 2006 Orthopaedic Research Society.
PMID 16583442 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
BPC 157 WORKS SYSTEMICALLY

Effective therapy of transected quadriceps muscle in rat: Gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157.

Abstract

We report complete transection of major muscle and the systemic peptide treatment that induces healing of quadriceps muscle promptly and then maintains the healing with functional restoration. Initially, stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (GEPPPGKPADDAGLV, M.W. 1419, PL-10, PLD-116, PL 14736 Pliva, Croatia; in trials for inflammatory bowel disease; wound treatment; no toxicity reported; effective alone without carrier) also superiorly accelerates the healing of transected Achilles tendon. Regularly, quadriceps muscle completely transected transversely 1.0 cm proximal to patella presents a definitive defect that cannot be compensated in rat. BPC 157 (10 microg, 10 ng, 10 pg/kg) is given intraperitoneally, once daily; the first application 30 min posttransection, the final 24 h before sacrifice. It consistently improves muscle healing throughout the whole 72-day period. Improved are: (i) biomechanic (load of failure increased); (ii) function (walking recovery and extensor postural thrust/motor function index returned toward normal healthy values); (iii) microscopy/immunochemistry [i.e., mostly muscle fibers connect muscle segments; absent gap; significant desmin positivity for ongoing regeneration of muscle; larger myofibril diameters on both sides, distal and proximal (normal healthy rat-values reached)]; (iv) macroscopic presentation (stumps connected; subsequently, atrophy markedly attenuated; finally, presentation close to normal noninjured muscle, no postsurgery leg contracture). Thus, posttransection healing-consistently improved-may suggest this peptide therapeutic application in muscle disorders.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
BPC 157's effect on healing.

AuthorsSeiwerth S, et al. Show all Journal
J Physiol Paris. 1997 May-Oct;91(3-5):173-8.

Affiliation
Abstract
The 15 amino acid agent BPC 157, showing a wide range of organoprotective action in different experimental models, was used in our experiments in order to establish its influence on different elements connected with the healing process. Elements thought to be of greatest importance in the process of healing are formation of granulation tissue, angiogenesis and production of collagen. In our work we tested the influence of BPC 157 on: granulation tissue and collagen formation, on angiogenesis as well as on tensile strength development, using three experimental rat models: 1) skin incisional wounds; 2) colon-colon anastomoses; and 3) angiogenesis model with synthetic sponge implantation. The specimens were histologically assessed for collagen, reticulin and blood vessels using scoring and morphometry. In all experiments significant differences between BPC 157-treated animals and controls were found, showing a strong, promoting involvement of BPC in the healing process. It is worth noting that these effects were achieved by different routes of application, including intragastric and local, making BPC 157 a potentially useful therapeutic agent.

PMID 9403790 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 as an effective therapy for muscle crush injury in the rat.

AuthorsNovinscak T, et al. Show all Journal
Surg Today. 2008;38(8):716-25. doi: 10.1007/s00595-007-3706-2. Epub 2008 Jul 31.

Affiliation
Abstract
PURPOSE: Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 accelerates the healing of a transected Achilles tendon and a transected quadriceps muscle. It may also be of clinical relevance as a systemic and local peptide treatment for crush injury of a major muscle, such as gastrocnemius muscle complex. BPC 157 is effective without a carrier, and it is presently undergoing trials for inflammatory bowel disease, and no toxicity has so far been reported.

METHODS: In crushed rats (force delivered 0.727 Ns/cm2), BPC 157 was applied either intraperitoneally or locally, as a thin cream layer, immediately after injury (sacrifice at 2 h), and once a day for 14 days.

RESULTS: BPC 157 improved muscle healing, macroscopically (less hematoma and edema, no post-injury leg contracture), microscopically, functionally, and also based on enzyme activity (creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase).

CONCLUSION: BPC 157, at all investigated intervals, given locally or intraperitoneally, accelerated post-injury muscle healing and also helped to restore the full function.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Traumatic brain injury in mice and pentadecapeptide BPC 157 effect.

AuthorsTudor M, et al. Show all Journal
Regul Pept. 2010 Feb 25;160(1-3):26-32. doi: 10.1016/j.regpep.2009.11.012. Epub 2009 Nov 18.

Affiliation
Abstract
Gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (GEPPPGKPADDAGLV, an anti-ulcer peptide, efficient in inflammatory bowel disease trials (PL 14736), no toxicity reported, improved muscle crush injury. After an induced traumatic brain injury (TBI) in mice by a falling weight, BPC 157 regimens (10.0microg, 10.0ng/kgi.p.) demonstrated a marked attenuation of damage with an improved early outcome and a minimal postponed mortality throughout a 24h post-injury period. Ultimately, the traumatic lesions (subarachnoidal and intraventricular haemorrhage, brain laceration, haemorrhagic laceration) were less intense and consecutive brain edema had considerably improved. Given prophylactically (30 min before TBI) the improved conscious/unconscious/death ratio in TBI-mice was after force impulses of 0.068 Ns, 0.093 Ns, 0.113 Ns, 0.130 Ns, 0.145 Ns, and 0.159 Ns. Counteraction (with a reduction of unconsciousness, lower mortality) with both microg- and ng-regimens included the force impulses of 0.068-0.145 Ns. A higher regimen presented effectiveness also against the maximal force impulse (0.159 Ns). Furthermore, BPC 157 application immediately prior to injury was beneficial in mice subjected to force impulses of 0.093 Ns-TBI. For a more severe force impulse (0.130 Ns, 0.145 Ns, or 0159 Ns), the time-relation to improve the conscious/unconscious/death ratio was: 5 min (0.130 Ns-TBI), 20 min (0.145 Ns-TBI) or 30 min (0.159 Ns-TBI).

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Antiinflammatory effect of BPC 157 on experimental periodontitis in rats.

AuthorsKeremi B, et al. Show all Journal
J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;60 Suppl 7:115-22.

Affiliation
Abstract
The pentadecapeptide BPC 157 has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and wound healing effects on multiple target tissues and organs. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of BPC 157 on inflammation and bone resorption in experimental periodontitis in rats. First the acute effect of BPC was tested on gingival blood flow by laser doppler flowmetry. Then periodontitis was produced by a silk ligature placed around the lower left first molar. Rats were treated with BPC 157 (once daily for 12 days) or vehicle. At day 13, the gingivomucosal tissues encircling the molars were removed on both sides. Inflammation was assessed by Evans blue plasma extravasation technique and by histology. Alveolar bone loss was analyzed by microCT. BPC 157 had no effect on gingivomucosal blood flow. Twelve day ligature caused a significantly increased Evans blue extravasation in the gingivomucosal tissue, histological signs of inflammation, and alveolar bone destruction. BPC 157 treatment significantly reduced both plasma extravasation, histological alterations and alveolar bone resorption. In conclusion, systemic application of BPC 157 does not alter blood circulation in healthy gingiva. Chronic application of the peptide has potent antiinflammatory effects on periodontal tissues in ligature induced periodontitis in rats. Taken together, this proof of concept study suggests that BPC 157 may represent a new peptide candidate in the treatment of periodontal disease.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I just injected 250mcg BPC 157 in my pec injury. Last night I was doing a military press machine and I reinjured it. It had been 5 days since the original injury and I felt it tear some more. It's in the pec near the insertion at the delt. I hope this helps. I'm supposed to do chest Saturday. I'll have to be creative.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I just injected another 250mcg BPC 157 directly into my injury. I can't feel the injury now when I pull my arms back and stretch my pecs but there is no way I'm going to push things. Last night on my last tricep exercise I did machine dips which obviously brings the pecs into play. I stayed moderate on the weight and tried to keep most of the stress in my triceps. It felt fine. I did 5 sets of 15. So far so good with this peptide.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I'm going to take my 2nd inject on the day of BPC 157 in my injury now. I want to do all I can to allow me to at least get some chest work in tomorrow and hopefully not reinjure the damaged area.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm going to take my 2nd inject on the day of BPC 157 in my injury now. I want to do all I can to allow me to at least get some chest work in tomorrow and hopefully not reinjure the damaged area.

Don't play with fire JJ! Leave the chest for a week or two and see what the BPC 157 can do in that time. 2 weeks off is better than 2 months!

Anyway, thank you for all the contributions in this section! I'm really intrigued by peptides!!

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I'm blown away!!! This shit really works!
I just trained chest and was able to do 7 exercises without reinjuring the tear from 8'days ago. Mind you, I used perfect form keeping my elbows in on all 3 pressing movements and went lighter. The 3 fly movements I went lighter as well. The cadence was very slow paced reps with total isolation for 15 rep sets. I can't believe 4 injections of 250mcg directly into the injury did so much. I feel the injury but I'm ecstatic that I was able to complete a full chest workout without reinjuring it.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm blown away!!! This shit really works!
I just trained chest and was able to do 7 exercises without reinjuring the tear from 8'days ago. Mind you, I used perfect form keeping my elbows in on all 3 pressing movements and went lighter. The 3 fly movements I went lighter as well. The cadence was very slow paced reps with total isolation for 15 rep sets. I can't believe 4 injections of 250mcg directly into the injury did so much. I feel the injury but I'm ecstatic that I was able to complete a full chest workout without reinjuring it.

This could turn out to be a lifesaver for athletes of all sports and just people in general who have been injured. It would be interesting to see what this could do for diabetics who have a sore on their foot / feet that won't heal conventionally. It really is mind boggling to think about the positive ramifications this could have.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
This morning I took cjcDAC and GHRP2 at 6am and 11am with 2 BPC 157 injects at 9am, one inject in each pec insertion. My injured pec feels much recovered. I noticed during my chest workout yesterday that my non injured pec felt on the verge of tearing in the insertion so I decided to inject it as well.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
The promoting effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on tendon healing involves tendon outgrowth, cell survival, and cell migration.

AuthorsChang CH, et al. Show all Journal
J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011 Mar;110(3):774-80. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00945.2010. Epub 2010 Oct 28.

Affiliation
Abstract
Pentadecapeptide BPC 157, composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolated from human gastric juice. Experimentally it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including transected rat Achilles tendon. This study was designed to investigate the potential mechanism of BPC 157 to enhance healing of injured tendon. The outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants cultured with or without BPC 157 was examined. Results showed that BPC 157 significantly accelerated the outgrowth of tendon explants. Cell proliferation of cultured tendon fibroblasts derived from rat Achilles tendon was not directly affected by BPC 157 as evaluated by MTT assay. However, the survival of BPC 157-treated cells was significantly increased under the H(2)O(2) stress. BPC 157 markedly increased the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner as revealed by transwell filter migration assay. BPC 157 also dose dependently accelerated the spreading of tendon fibroblasts on culture dishes. The F-actin formation as detected by FITC-phalloidin staining was induced in BPC 157-treated fibroblasts. The protein expression and activation of FAK and paxillin were determined by Western blot analysis, and the phosphorylation levels of both FAK and paxillin were dose dependently increased by BPC 157 while the total amounts of protein was unaltered. In conclusion, BPC 157 promotes the ex vivo outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants, cell survival under stress, and the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts, which is likely mediated by the activation of the FAK-paxillin pathway.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
This morning I administered 250mcg BPC157 in each pec insertion. My injuries are healing nicely.
The science literature says this can be administered intraperinially as well. I'm curious as to what daily subcutaneous doses of BPC 157 could do in terms of speeding up recovery of muscles post workout. Or, pwo injects in the muscles trained. It makes sense to me that your muscles would heal
quicker and grow faster.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
BPC 157's effect on healing.

AuthorsSeiwerth S, et al. Show all Journal
J Physiol Paris. 1997 May-Oct;91(3-5):173-8.

Affiliation
Abstract
The 15 amino acid agent BPC 157, showing a wide range of organoprotective action in different experimental models, was used in our experiments in order to establish its influence on different elements connected with the healing process. Elements thought to be of greatest importance in the process of healing are formation of granulation tissue, angiogenesis and production of collagen. In our work we tested the influence of BPC 157 on: granulation tissue and collagen formation, on angiogenesis as well as on tensile strength development, using three experimental rat models: 1) skin incisional wounds; 2) colon-colon anastomoses; and 3) angiogenesis model with synthetic sponge implantation. The specimens were histologically assessed for collagen, reticulin and blood vessels using scoring and morphometry. In all experiments significant differences between BPC 157-treated animals and controls were found, showing a strong, promoting involvement of BPC in the healing process. It is worth noting that these effects were achieved by different routes of application, including intragastric and local, making BPC 157 a potentially useful therapeutic agent.