©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Abscess: a poll

stealthmeister

Registered User
Sep 9, 2005
342
0
0
Up North
Who here has ever had an IM abscess from AAS? If so, how many? In how many years of doing gear? Any require surgical drainage or just antibiotics? Were you using homebrew or UG lab gear when it happened?

I've never had any problems. Just interested to get an idea of how prevalent it is.
 
I've done gear for a year, and I've had 2 scares that I thought were no doubt abscesses. But honestly you really just need to wait them out for about 7 days unless it is something that looks like a big golf ball on your arm.
 
Done around 10 or so cycles and never had any problems. Have just started to use UG gear - only 2 cycles. I do have some scar tissue i think from injections into delts(little hard lump that you cannot notice unlesyou are felling for it)
 
I've done four cycles in the last year and had no absesses. I get lumps on my ass but not on my delts or bis. I use British Dragon.
 
Ive never had so much as a lump, but im injecting deep into my glutes.

if i was to have an abscess do you think a deep injection would become a bigger problem?im useing 1 1/2" pins
 
mr.nitrofish said:
Ive never had so much as a lump, but im injecting deep into my glutes.

if i was to have an abscess do you think a deep injection would become a bigger problem?im useing 1 1/2" pins
It would make it tougher to incise and drain properly if it was a bad one that did not resolve with antibiotics.
 
mr.nitrofish said:
hmm, maybe I should switch to 1" pins
Depends how much tissue you have to go through before you hit muscle. 1 inch ought to do it for most sites though, unless your bf% is fairly high.
 
I had only one scare in 5 or 6 years of using gear. I patchy swollen area on my right glute that lingered for a few days and felt warm. I use a 1 1/2" pin also.
 
I had an abcess last cycle, I was injecting all my gear into my delts alternating every other day, then one day I aspirated and the syringe filled with white puss. Kinda freaked me out so I switched back to the glutes. It went away on its own, but I wanted to try hitting my bis now I'm not sure.
 
musclerook said:
I had an abcess last cycle, I was injecting all my gear into my delts alternating every other day, then one day I aspirated and the syringe filled with white puss. Kinda freaked me out so I switched back to the glutes. It went away on its own, but I wanted to try hitting my bis now I'm not sure.

Thats why its necessary to rotate injection sites frequently. I never inject the same spot sooner than 4 days from the time I inject.

Back to the topic at hand. Been doing AAS for the past 4 years, had one slight infection/irritation. Firstly the gear I had was UG a shitty brand that gave me irritation at injection sites anyway. I injected into my tri and some of the oil went into adipose tissue around my muscle, and formed a lump and started to get irritated (I don't call it an infection because my white blood cell count was close to normal during blood tests). Anyway, keflex cleared that up but I have scar tissue. Sanitary injection procedures and attaining gear from someone that you trust that has good reviews is a surefire way to aviod infection (making your own would amplify that trust issue).
 
DragonRider said:
I've made my own since my second cycle and I have yet to have any abcesses.
How many years / cycles would that be DR?

What % BA & BB do you put in your gear? How much do you heat / boil your homebrew after transferring and filtering the oil to the sterile vial?
 
musclerook said:
I had an abcess last cycle, I was injecting all my gear into my delts alternating every other day, then one day I aspirated and the syringe filled with white puss. Kinda freaked me out so I switched back to the glutes. It went away on its own, but I wanted to try hitting my bis now I'm not sure.

Fuck me! That's good to read so that I know what is possible and what to do to avoid it. It must have been pretty swolen when you stuck and aspirated, wasn't it? When I had whatever the yellow fluid in the knee is called drained by a doctor after my knee injury it reduced the swelling and felt like a relief. It was kinda like taking a piss and emptying a full bladder.