©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anyone ever feel this way?

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
That you should always be doing more, but when you do more, the results aren't any different?

I'm a minimalist, meaning I want to get the most result from the least amount of effort :D

I've done almost every routine you can think of over the past 25+ years, and to be honest, I train 2x per week, 2 sets of 1 exercise per body part and my results are as good or the same than at any point in time.

I don't feel like I do much, though it's definitely all I have time for. I can't complain because the results are there.

Maybe it just goes along with this hobby where you're never feeling satisfied?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I hear you bro! I always feel like I should be doing more and in my case I should be:p

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
You have to get that out of your head.. You found out what works for you.. so if that means doing half what the next guy is doing.. That's fine..
Genetics plays a role.. some guys have to work out more to get half of what you get..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Genetics, age , and time available all are different for every sole. You gotta survive for the family if you have one and can't be selfish to yourself in other things unless the gym is your life and money making profession.When I take a week off I feel like I missed out but sure come back more focused and refreshed cause I'm not getting any younger..

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
That you should always be doing more, but when you do more, the results aren't any different?

I'm a minimalist, meaning I want to get the most result from the least amount of effort :D

I've done almost every routine you can think of over the past 25+ years, and to be honest, I train 2x per week, 2 sets of 1 exercise per body part and my results are as good or the same than at any point in time.

I don't feel like I do much, though it's definitely all I have time for. I can't complain because the results are there.

Maybe it just goes along with this hobby where you're never feeling satisfied?

Ahhh yes this sounds very familiar..... The life of a hard gainer in bodybuilding. I too feel your pain. Sometimes it seems like you can train 7 days per week but it makes no difference to two days. I'm currently trying a different type of training which is 6 days per week instead of my usual 4 but I'm curious to see if this will cause improvement. I feel your pain though

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one thinking these things. Even when I trained Heavy Duty 1x per week for a year, I basically had the same results appearance wise as when I was experimenting with 6 sets of 20 reps per body part :p

I tried to increase volume a little bit over the summer and I could really feel the soreness and fatigue, with no additional results. I see these people doing tons of sets and exercises when I go to the gym and sometimes think, damn, I must be lazy. Just a mindset like you all are saying I guess. What gets results, gets results.

sam88

Jan 1, 2013
Yes you are right sometimes it so happen that the craze of some things never end and we are never satisfied I will say that dont be dis heart and if results are good then no need to worry

ForX

Jan 3, 2013
sometimes less is more, i find that to be true with MOST things in life

sazo75

Jan 1, 2013
sometimes less is more, i find that to be true with MOST things in life

Totally agree with this, many years have shown that more is not always better and sometimes you just have to get over that mindset.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I have been very guilty of letting my drive and enthusiasm lead me to overtrain to a degree and not even realize it. For example, after laying out a week with a cold recently, I came back to the gym just as strong and not hurting so much.

Things that make you think....

Dan1

Feb 25, 2013
You don't need to be worried about this,I guess that is because of your body is completely in form now and the amount of workout you do is less according to your stamina that is very good,But i suggest you not to do intensity workout keep maintaining your routine and the workout you are already doing that will keep you fit and active for sure.

snoopy

Mar 27, 2007
I have tried many routines . I use now one body part per day every third day off, i'm 59 and need my rest.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
I noticed i gain better when doing a full body workout eod instead of 1-2 parts a day.
I just switch up the exercises each time. like chest...ill do upper chest one day....lower the nxt....etc.
I too hav a reeeeally hard time gaining. im about 6'3"-6'-4" and my arms seem like theyre 6ft long each. its SOOOOO hard for me to do flat bench. by the time i get it to my chest.....im tired already. i was ALWAYS weak in tht exercise. most was 315 for 2. Havent maxed since

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I have also done my best with full body workouts where i just go a bit harder on a certain body part everyday

SoccerDad

Donating Member
Jan 21, 2013
Midwest
At 49 yo, I am with you. It's almost like no matter what I do (as long as I do something and not half ass) I stay around 180 and 10%. If I try real hard, I can get the weight up to 185 -188, but I can't keep it there. What matters is staying active and healthy, imo.