©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I'm gonna try to keep this to a paragraph, more or less, not whining, just want advice of anyone who has had this surgery...

In 1996, I tore an ACL, and had a full ACL reconstruction. It was successful. In 1999, they had to go back in and remove a bone cap (screw used to hold the acl implant in place) from my knee. Everything was fine until I messed it up again a few years back (dont ask, it had to do with two 20 year old hotties and a bouncy house, lol). Now my knee pops in and out of socket ocassionally. Mostly at work, as i walk on rocks/ballast 8 hours a day. I have no problems training legs in the gym, it is just the uneven walking at work that causes problems.

My knee surgeon has scheduled Arthroscopic knee surgery to try and clean my knee up, scrape out/remove any arthritis or loose cartlidge, and have a look at my old ACL reconstruction to see whats going on..

Surgery is scheduled for September 15. I know it is a elective surgery, but I am a little nervous about him going in and messing around with it. My wife says I am being a baby..lol

Have any of you guys had your knee scoped, and if so..how long did it keep you out of work?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey Chris, I'd ask the surgeon how long you need to lay out of work. Depending on the type of job you have, you may be allowed to get back a lot sooner. What is it about ortho surgeries that they always say 6 weeks? lol. I think active guys like yourself, bounce back faster. These scope surgeries are so common nowadays. As long as you have a good doc doing it, I would just go ahead and get it out of the way.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I'm gonna try to keep this to a paragraph, more or less, not whining, just want advice of anyone who has had this surgery...

In 1996, I tore an ACL, and had a full ACL reconstruction. It was successful. In 1999, they had to go back in and remove a bone cap (screw used to hold the acl implant in place) from my knee. Everything was fine until I messed it up again a few years back (dont ask, it had to do with two 20 year old hotties and a bouncy house, lol). Now my knee pops in and out of socket ocassionally. Mostly at work, as i walk on rocks/ballast 8 hours a day. I have no problems training legs in the gym, it is just the uneven walking at work that causes problems.

My knee surgeon has scheduled Arthroscopic knee surgery to try and clean my knee up, scrape out/remove any arthritis or loose cartlidge, and have a look at my old ACL reconstruction to see whats going on..

Surgery is scheduled for September 15. I know it is a elective surgery, but I am a little nervous about him going in and messing around with it. My wife says I am being a baby..lol

Have any of you guys had your knee scoped, and if so..how long did it keep you out of work?

I think its a good move to have it looked at if its bothering you this is the best option for you. If not it will just keep nagging you.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Hey Chris, I'd ask the surgeon how long you need to lay out of work. Depending on the type of job you have, you may be allowed to get back a lot sooner. What is it about ortho surgeries that they always say 6 weeks? lol. I think active guys like yourself, bounce back faster. These scope surgeries are so common nowadays. As long as you have a good doc doing it, I would just go ahead and get it out of the way.
I walk on uneven ground for most of my shift at work..work outdoors. I still can't imagine being out of work for almost 2 months. When I had my acl reconstruction, I was back on light duty after 2 weeks. I'll just be glad when it's over and I am fully recovered. Like Alin said..if I don't address it..it's gonna keep nagging me and possibly get worse.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
In '97 I had a lateral meniscus year from football. I was on crutches for a week. I hobbled for a few more and after 3 more I was back to regular work. I did have an excellent orthopedic surgeon who does work for all the sports teams where I live plus the high school's.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
In '97 I had a lateral meniscus year from football. I was on crutches for a week. I hobbled for a few more and after 3 more I was back to regular work. I did have an excellent orthopedic surgeon who does work for all the sports teams where I live plus the high school's.
Did the surgery fix the problems you were having with your knee?