©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Does this hurt you to watch like it does me?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Looks painful to me to. Watching some of PLATZ training videos looks like he was completely insane when he trained. Never seen someone train so violently.

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Looks like some of his spotters got almost as good of a workout as he did.

ketsugo2

Apr 26, 2018
I use machines during injury rehab but I never a fan of the universal machines . Nautilus , cybex etc I enjoy to train around injury

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Some of it is just plain bad. I like the intensity but over the top for some movements. I guess it worked though looking at his legs :D

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
This is why a lot of this is very individual. Tom found what worked for him and grew the most famous pair of legs in bodybuilding. A lot of what is in this video is Platz at the end of a set where he would keep moving the weight as much or as little as his muscles would allow. He really burned his muscles out! I think his saving grace was that he stretched a lot. I'm sure that helped keep him injury free over the years. Most bodybuilders I know don't really stretch before, during or after training.

Last edited:

javman

Feb 18, 2013
Intensity or momentum? For all that work all he had was great quads again genetics is the key which he didn't have as much as his competitors. But he was one of the easy guys to talk to.

davidg

Apr 26, 2021
I was in pain before I opened the video. What drives these people? Why they do this? I really hope it's not a real technique. I feel so sorry for the man. But I don't think it's uncomfortable or hard for him.