©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Graphic Designers

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
A) We are hoping to have the new vbskin live by tomorrow morning. Still working out some of the bugs in the overlap. I have been using it throughout the day to make my posts and am unsure if I like it? It is an entirely different look besides the fact of having the same type of citrus coloring.

Once it is ready to go live I will leave it up for the day and ask you all what you think and depending on the feedback we may change back to this one until a better replacement is found?

B) Do we have any graphic designers in house or do we know any that would possibly be available? I am debating on changing the entire AnaSCI logo, homepage, etc over to a darker color. Would prefer to keep the AnaSCI guy somewhere in there though:)

C) Or, do you think we should just leave the skin as is and not worry about it? Thoughts?

'Maybe' something along theses lines, maybe:

Attachments

• vbskin.jpg
    vbskin.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 59

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I've always liked darker skins. Black an gold is my favorite contrast.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
I agree with rory about the darker skins. The white kind of seems to blend together. And the idea of black and gold is a change but still keeping the original format/coloring so its worth a shot

GaryGranaas

Oct 29, 2012
Admin, as a graphic designer/developer I would like to give my two cents. As you know I built my own website/forum. From my years of experience and statistics I've learned. Lighter forums prosper and are more appealing to the eye.

Also, as the saying goes. If it's not broke don't fix it. The other you skin you had was a very good skin. This current theme seems to be confusing and misplaced area's. Although, it might become more comfortable after getting used to the new upgrade.

Just my input but you may be on to something for all I know. You already run a good board here.

Oh and also, if you can. I would inquire a vbulletin expert at the vbulletin.com or vbulletin.org website that may have more guided advice for what you are looking for and obtain their services. Those guys are real good over there.

Last edited:

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
the firefly skin has always been one of my favorites.. but many tend to like the lighter skins.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I will leave this skin up for the rest of the week and give everyone the chance to get the feel of the placements.

If by next week people are still uncomfortable with the format, I will revert back to the original skin.

Andrew.peplin

Nov 1, 2012
So what do you think about this? I know I moved away from putting more pictures onto the homepage but i think you will like it.

AnansciWebsite.png