©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Gym equipment and weights

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
748
0
0
My fiancé and I have signed the lease on a building and are opening our own gym. I have a lot of strongman stuff and some weights... But we will need stuff for all her clients and not competing people.

We are doing this on a budget, but don't need much. Some more weights(plates, DBs, etc), power rack and maybe a cable machine to start... Oh also rubber mats

Any advice on places or ideas on where to go would be appreciated[/QUOTE]
 
I'd shop around and get some used stuff if,you're in a budget and as you gain capital, start replacing the oldest stuff first or most used stuff. Either way you will be improving. Best of luck!
 
This may be a stupid idea but here goes.....tractor supply sells 4' x 8' 1" thick black rubber matts that are tuff as hell for about 20 bucks a piece i think their intended purpose at tractor supply is for horse stall matts so they would take alot of abuse just a thought
 
I'd shop around and get some used stuff if,you're in a budget and as you gain capital, start replacing the oldest stuff first or most used stuff. Either way you will be improving. Best of luck!

Oh I am! Craigslist, eBay.... Wherever... I am going to try a few high schools for old weights. It's expensive!!
 
This may be a stupid idea but here goes.....tractor supply sells 4' x 8' 1" thick black rubber matts that are tuff as hell for about 20 bucks a piece i think their intended purpose at tractor supply is for horse stall matts so they would take alot of abuse just a thought

The cheapest I have found are 4x6 3/4" and they are $49 at TSC... Do you have a link or anything?
 
The cheapest I have found are 4x6 3/4" and they are $49 at TSC... Do you have a link or anything?
Let me check my local store i did the floor of my work truck 12' box van with them about six months ago and i know it was like 20 something bucks a piece i think your right tho they are 4x6 my mistake Ill do some checking tommorow and post back
 
Where you at again FU? I know of plenty of stuff in Chi area .
I was about to pick up a bunch of stuff to do the same but that is on hold til spring. It can be had for way less then craigs or ebay. Now and then you can find a deal on equip on craigs. Most guys want idiotic amts of money.
Best is someone that is out of dough closing a gym. Even better when they are too broke to pay storage. Hate to be hard hearted but that and business euipment auction are best. Thx, T...
 
Very Cool! I need my free life pass for when i pass thru.. lots of stuff here but shipping is expensive.. road trip ..take home some king salmon and a free 60lb halibut..u gotta catch it.. ill check and send u pics and prices then u can take a look.. get those shipping war tv guys to pick it up!. Lol ..
 
Let me check my local store i did the floor of my work truck 12' box van with them about six months ago and i know it was like 20 something bucks a piece i think your right tho they are 4x6 my mistake Ill do some checking tommorow and post back

Thanks man! I appreciate that!
 
Where you at again FU? I know of plenty of stuff in Chi area .
I was about to pick up a bunch of stuff to do the same but that is on hold til spring. It can be had for way less then craigs or ebay. Now and then you can find a deal on equip on craigs. Most guys want idiotic amts of money.
Best is someone that is out of dough closing a gym. Even better when they are too broke to pay storage. Hate to be hard hearted but that and business euipment auction are best. Thx, T...

I'm in Nashville. If it's a good enough deal I will drive. I saw some nice ivanko plates on eBay in Chicago.

Bad thing is gyms are poppin up left n right... But they don't and won't offer what we will.
 
Very Cool! I need my free life pass for when i pass thru.. lots of stuff here but shipping is expensive.. road trip ..take home some king salmon and a free 60lb halibut..u gotta catch it.. ill check and send u pics and prices then u can take a look.. get those shipping war tv guys to pick it up!. Lol ..

Haha I do plan to have a monolift and all the cool shit. More than welcome to come by!