©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hitting upper pecs

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hmm, gonna hafta give these a try. Did chest today and was just thinking, man i wish there was another chest exercise other than all the press and flye variations i always do...of course i also do dips, pullovers,and use machines, but always tood to have a new exercise to stimulate growth. Good find bro!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Definitely seems like more of a shoulder and arm lift.

For upper chest, try decline dumbbell press and reverse grip bench press.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Nope, didn't actually try them at all yet. Taking a guess just going just off the article and the pictures. I'll do a few sets tomorrow night and see how it feels, though.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Few other things
They said reverse flat bench works upper chest 35% more then inclines?
I had a big big BB tech me years ago to grab the bar as wide as you can on flat bench and go down to you neck with the weight and fully extend up. It kills the upper chest- not sure the long turm on joints but it hits the upper chest big time. And if you don't feel it go liter and stricter.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Did these yesterday.

Loved them. Amazing pump.

Always looking for good ways to hit upper pecs. Have a rotator Injury so flat is out and dips cant be done very often anymore either.

~Vision~

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Purity Source Labs
Upper chest is often neglected by many..I would often incorp upper chest before all of my other movements when doing chest routine, I started upper when I fresh and treated every last set/rep as it if was the first with the same intensity and volume..Flies being my go-to!

I will most definitely try these..Thumbs up for sharing! ;)

~Vision~

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Purity Source Labs
Did you actually try it and focus on using your pecs?

This is what I'm wondering, the mind to muscle connection..We're so trained how to bench properly,and how to contract and pull with benching,with flies, and cables, it comes down to knowing the motion and the true mechanics of the movement, and the muscle kinesiology, and knowing the definition in regards to "targeting,synergists,and stabilizers"..Now to incorp this movement in the kneeling position its almost back to the boards with muscle/mind connection and focusing on targeting..

It's worth a shot..