©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



I am not a forklift or crane dammit!!!!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
2,901
0
0
How many of you have been injured from family and friends moving projects? I have moved hundreds of people in my lifetime.
I just really fucked up an already jacked up shoulder due to my inability to say no now and then. I don't mind helping but damn what makes the general public think we are indestructible moving/labor machines. Not as bad as the fucking idiots that think big delts have everlast embossed across them. You know the ones that like to haul off and blast a shoulder with everything they have. I mean really wtf?!
New motto will go like this --NO . No i can't move your 5 bedroom house because I finally have a half day free. Funny thing is I never ask back as I feel I would be an imposition on someones free time.
To the the shoulder punching folks- some day I might give the same back to you. A Blind side right over hand with everything i've got to your relaxed shoulder. Bet yer ass won't be grinning then ..
Nope no more of this shit getting hurt being a "nice guy".
Fuck that I'm fresh outta nice ...... T
 
Haha man I feel you! I want to get shirt made that says "I don't fucking workout to help you move"

Sadly I get used as the "mule" at work too... Toting water heaters out of attics and crawl spaces
 
I have to help one of my employees next weekend and my sister-in-law in 2 weeks. Plus, being a general contractor, I always end up helping my customers move the shit they can't lift themselves. I am with ya turbo, I too am fresh outa nice!
 
Ya I think Id rather someone just get a running start and kick me square in the balls than have to move this includes moving myself lol...last time i moved we filled two 26 foot ryder trucks packed front to back top to bottom and had to come back for a half load after that....ya fuck that daddy wasnt a happy camper that day never again.
 
Try being the nice "white guy" in the hood with single mommies by the truck load.Problem is about 3/4 rent a long straight truck so the saying no rule is getting implemented. Shit the moving duties go wayyy back pre truck. I think I just need to smile and say nope those days are over. How would you do it if you did not know me? T...
 
I have a brace for my elbow from my tricep tear. I just put that on an say I'm injured still :D
 
BigT live you said, you've got to learn to say no! You do have injuries so just say so!! If somebody can't understand that and gets mad at you for not helping them, then they were just using you in the first place!! A friend might be disappointed that you can't help but ultimately they will be more concerned about your injury and your well being!!
 
I have the same problem.... I can never say No...
Plus I just enjoy helping ppl... But im like you T I never ask anyone to ever help me... lol
No injuries yet... but im still pretty young
 
I love the cast iron 6 ft custom clawfoot tub up a 28 inch wide Victorian style house third story so mommy can soak her self. Too many times and also the 60 inch sub zero refridgerator up the brick stairs becaue it needs the water hooked so you don't have to drive back 2hrs for a 10 minute job.
 
This is why I'm an asshole- lets people know better than to ask something of me that they'd never do in return.

Moving shit is the all time worst way to spend an hour or a day of your life!!!!
 
people think because we hav big muscles our backs or shoulders dont hurt. or tht we dont get tired or miserable. lol
 
Turbo, I hate that for ya. From now on, if you get a bad feeling about doing something, don't do it. You gotta take care of yourself first brother.