©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Last day of Work

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
So today was my last day at work.

Gave my notice 2 weeks ago and they still have not found someone to fill my position. My boss's boss came in today and asked if I could work until they find someone to take over. I told him if they paid me one and a half times my salary for the month and any bonus that I would have gotten paid after I leave then I would.

He wasn't prepared for that. He actually thought about it for a moment which kind of made me worried. I thought he was going to say yes and I already have plans for the rest of this month. Fortunately he just said he couldn't do that but to call him if I changed my mind and he'd put me back to work if I wanted.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
So today was my last day at work.

Gave my notice 2 weeks ago and they still have not found someone to fill my position. My boss's boss came in today and asked if I could work until they find someone to take over. I told him if they paid me one and a half times my salary for the month and any bonus that I would have gotten paid after I leave then I would.

He wasn't prepared for that. He actually thought about it for a moment which kind of made me worried. I thought he was going to say yes and I already have plans for the rest of this month. Fortunately he just said he couldn't do that but to call him if I changed my mind and he'd put me back to work if I wanted.

Nice work Jello!! Move on to what you want bro.

drob29

Banned
Nov 13, 2005
jello what line of work are you in? what do you do? And are you moving into another position?

Congrats!! as well...

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
jello what line of work are you in? what do you do? And are you moving into another position?

Congrats!! as well...

I was a manager for an automotive repair shop here. Been doing this since I graduated high school.

I'm going to be staying home with my kids for now while I study for my I.S.S.A. cert. Going to train people full time after that.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I was a manager for an automotive repair shop here. Been doing this since I graduated high school.

I'm going to be staying home with my kids for now while I study for my I.S.S.A. cert. Going to train people full time after that.

Its always better when you can do something you enjoy. Most people hate their jobs.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Its always better when you can do something you enjoy. Most people hate their jobs.
I agree brother...I know, I loath my job...13yrs and I still get sick every morning before I go:banghead:

Good deal Jello!

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
I agree brother...I know, I loath my job...13yrs and I still get sick every morning before I go:banghead:

Good deal Jello!

Seriously, the last few months, everyday I started to head to work I started sneezing. I know it was just coincidence but I told my wife it was a sign that it was time to move on.

I'm fortunate that my wife makes a good enough income that I can make this change and not have to worry about being able to pay bills. After I get my business up and running then my wife may be making a change as well.

You have to do what makes you happy. Life's too short to go on hating what you are doing. I may have had a shove in this direction because of recent events that some of you already know about. That being said, I don't think everyone should wait like I did. If you're not happy, start looking for ways to get what you want. If you look hard enough you'll find a way.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Seriously, the last few months, everyday I started to head to work I started sneezing. I know it was just coincidence but I told my wife it was a sign that it was time to move on.

I'm fortunate that my wife makes a good enough income that I can make this change and not have to worry about being able to pay bills. After I get my business up and running then my wife may be making a change as well.

You have to do what makes you happy. Life's too short to go on hating what you are doing. I may have had a shove in this direction because of recent events that some of you already know about. That being said, I don't think everyone should wait like I did. If you're not happy, start looking for ways to get what you want. If you look hard enough you'll find a way.

Damn it...

Some of this sounds all too familiar.

Thanks Jello!:)

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007

Good deal Jello!

I'm in the same boat, brother!!!

No joke...Over a decade here too... There's a reason I've worked their system instead of them working me, I guess...

Are we the knuckle draggers or is it just me lol

Last edited:

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
I'm in the same boat, brother!!!

No joke...Over a decade here too... There's a reason I've worked their system instead of them working me, I guess...

Are we the knuckle draggers or is it just me lol

I think we're all better than that.

I'll admit one thing though, making a drastic change like this after spending you're entire working career in one field is a little uneasy, but the benefits of it when it gets going will make it worth it.

MRDevious

Jun 28, 2010
"You have to do what makes you happy. Life's too short to go on hating what you are doing. I may have had a shove in this direction because of recent events that some of you already know about. That being said, I don't think everyone should wait like I did. If you're not happy, start looking for ways to get what you want. If you look hard enough you'll find a way."

- Wow Jello. How I wish I had the nuts, courage, and everything else to make these changes. Sometimes I'll wonder if i'll die a sad old man with nothing but regrets.

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
God I hope you don't. If you even think that's a possibility you need to make some changes now. I know you have some other shit going on right now but I hope you're not letting that get you down.