©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



More mg's during cut or bulk?

manbearpig

Registered User
Dec 15, 2013
25
0
0
So I was just thinking and wanted to get a little poll going. Do you use higher doses when you are trying to cut or when trying to bulk. Why? I understand the answer may very from person to person and the reasons why too. So what's your take?
 
For me it's a cut. It is much easier for me to gain muscle than it is to preserve it. I think a lot of people overestimate the amount of gear needed to gain muscle. Cutting and keeping it is a different story.
 
For me it's a cut. It is much easier for me to gain muscle than it is to preserve it. I think a lot of people overestimate the amount of gear needed to gain muscle. Cutting and keeping it is a different story.

I definitely would have thought the other way around Magnus. Makes me wonder if I should up my dose for my current cutter. I don't feel like I'm losing any muscle, so I'm kinda hesitant to move up.
 
I definitely would have thought the other hey are y around Magnus. Makes me wonder if I should up my dose for my curbeen if it ter. I don't feel like I'm losing any muscle,the I'm kinda hesitant to move up.

It certainly depends on the individual and at what stage of development they are at. I think a someone short of there genetic limit would benefit from a heavier bulk cycle. I am above mine and it seems the faster i gain it the faster Ioose it. Now have the most success with a slow moderate dosed bulk and higher dosed cut. For me my cut is more of a recomp with minimal muscle loss, but I have never been one to go overboard with bulking.
 
I definitely would have thought the other way around Magnus. Makes me wonder if I should up my dose for my current cutter . I don't feelIlike I'm losing any muscle, so I'm kinda hesitant to move up.

If your not loosing muscle, I wouldn't. Take measurements and know your bf. I did not realize how much I was loosing till I did this as we tend to look bigger at a lower bf. i always try to loose no more than 1lb of muscle for every 5lbs of fat.
 
I think someone that has maintained a certain amount of mass for many years tends to hold muscle a bit better than someone with newly acquired muscle.
So myself I would opt for heavier amts of "help" during a peel.. T
 
Good points Magnus. I was thinking the same way. I feel like I go catabolic pretty easily. Most people could grow if they used just double a trt dose.
 
I probably use a little more during bulk. I still use a decent amount of mg during a cut phase as I usually am running a couple different cutters along with test. I do use less test when cutting though. I normally don't go over around 500mg of test when cutting...
 
I've always found that I can get big and strong on a "little", but when cutting I go all out. I'm able to gain a LITTLE size this way and you get that look ya know?
 
Definitely while cutting. Never seemed to get better results with more gear while bulking, but higher doses definitely have their place while dieting.
 
I would say it depends on the individual if You're a hard gainer it'd be more during the bulk, if easy gainer the other way around(usually hard gainers keep muscle easier, even though it was that much tougher to gain it)...other thing to keep in mind is diet drugs are usually harsher/stronger mg for mg
 
I would say that most would argue you should be on more during a bulk.

For example, a reasonable bulk cycle:

1k test, 600 deca, 50dbol a day = ~2,000mg gear a week

Reasonable cutting cycle:

300 prop, 300-600tren, 400-500mast, 50 var/day = ~1400-1700mg gear a week maximum



I think recomp cycles probably require the most gear, but I don't know many people who actually do full on recomps.

Once you get to the IFBB Pro Bodybuilder level, the bulking cycles probably have way more gear use than cutting.