©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



MuscleMag ARticle

Nitrateman

Registered User
Sep 26, 2005
360
0
0
Ok
so Im reading this article in the new MuscleMag on the death of Paul DeMayo from the use of recreational drugs. Ed Conners is being interviewed and Ron Harris is asking the questions....and a couple of quotes stand out...I would like your comments
First: I got pissed off with this question from MM because I thought it was full of stereotypes ...but that is just me


"From my experience many bodybuilders get intot he activity (bbing) in the first place to try to cover up or overcome some deep emotional issues like insecurity or feeling unloved. Couldn't these common personality traits also make a person more susceptible to addiction?"

And in the same vein...also from MM:


"Is there a fine line between an obsessive personality and an addictive one?"


YOur turn :)
 
LOL, there is some truth in these questions. BUt addictive to obssesive. thats alitle bit over the top.
I think alot of traits can make someone susceptible to addiction.
muscle mag is usually full of shit anyway bro.
 
full of shit?

I used to hold MM in very high regard. They are Canadian and were not part of the Weider kingdom. When the IFBB banned a bblder MM still carried them and showed their pictures. They also had extensive articles on aas and never toed the line about them. Lately they are all about advertising, but this article got me to thinkin anyway
 
Sounds like shit to me. Why dont you write to them and thell them that their article sucks and why it sucks.
 
Is there any real value to those magazines anymore? It always seemed to me that they were are way too biased and if there ever was anything good they had to offer it was just spinning some old addage...oh yeah and they were 60% ads...