©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My training and diet log

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
Here is my new routine. Today was Back and Biceps, tomorrow chest and triceps, Wednesday legs, repeat, rest on Sunday. I ditched the circuit training idea.
I don't know if it was the change in my routine, the winter kicking in or the time change but my motivation tanked last week.
I ate more than usual, it was still clean food and gained a pound, up to 236. But I probably needed the rest and extra calories and feel like I gained some muscle. My main proteins are chicken breast and beef followed by eggs and tuna fish. I still snack at night so my 2100 usually turns to 2500 2600 by the time I actually fall asleep.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
I took 2 weeks off from trying to follow a diet and exercise schedule, I didn't do any of this on intentionally I just fell off for a bit.

I did manage to get in 2 or 3 good workouts each week, back,bicep, rest chest,tricept, rest rest repeat. I didn't do any legs or carido, only a 1 hour walk a couple days.

On the workout days I ate massive calories, like 10 Power Crunch bars 100 grams of almond butter with honey and 2 whey drinks with milk on top of a meal of steak and eggs. I think about 3500 calories every day.

My weight increased back up to 247 as of yesterday.

Chest/Tri. wide grip incline pushups 5 sets of 20, wide grip regular pushups 5 sets of 20, close grip push ups 3 sets of 15, bench dips 5 sets of 20, skull crushers 5 sets of 20, tricep kickbacks 5 sets of 20, overhead tricept extension with a band 3 sets of 15. my dumbell exercise were done with 25 lb dumbells because its all I have at the moment.

Back/ Bi, wide grip pull ups full body weigh 247lb 4/4/4/4/3, wide grip pull ups with a chair under my feet for an assist, 5 sets of 20, bent over rows with dumbells 5 sets of 20, reverse flys 5 sets of 20 with 20 lbs, standing dumbell curls 5 sets of 20 both arms at the same time.

Diet is cleaner now because I ate all the protein bars and almond butter and I don't plan on buying anymore because I will eat too many in one sitting.

I will do an update in 2 weeks, that should give me time to get back on track.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
I made a mistake in my chest/tri set/rep list. Some of those sets were for 3 and not 5. I know this because today I did 5 sets of 20 on everything and am struggling to make through all the exercises. That's just too much. All I have left are close grip pushups and tricep kickbacks and I'm just doing 3 sets to failure because I doubt I can even get 15 at this point. Its taken me about an hour and a half so far.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
I did poorly on diet the past several weeks, the past 5 days specifically. I ate 4000+cal for the past 5 days, I was traveling for Thanksgiving and I really just enjoyed all the homecooked food from the family and the many times we ate out at restaurants and fast food.
I did manage to get 3 solid workouts this week. Mon:Back/biceps/triceps Tues, Burpees and front and lateral raises, Wed Chest/Tricepts/Biceps.
I weigh 257 currently I know I gained some muscle but it was a real dirty gain and goes against my objective of losing fat. But on the upside with bodyweight exercises it adds weight to my lifts.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
Hey bros, forgive me for the sparse postings. Just a brief update. My new split is 6 days a week I go to the fitness trail at the park with a mile track with diffrent workout stations. Body weight training day 1,2,4,5 sprints days 3 and 6. Rest on 7. I looked way fatter and whiter then than now. I got a tan and slimmed down. I need to post a new picture because I have made good improvements.

Jethro

Oct 1, 2020
Sprint day is leg day. I warm up with lunges, high knees, buttkicks and then do sprints for 15 or 20 min. On rest day I may hit something I'm lagging in or a light workout, nothing heavy. Day 1 is mostly incline pushups, dips, regular pushups, and wall pushups, like leaning against a wall. I also do hanging rows ,body curls and some neutral grip pull ups. Day 2 is mostly wide grip pull ups, neutral grip pullups ,hanging rows, with some pushups to keep me pumped in between the stations along the trail. Day 4 and 5 is repeat of 1 and 2. Ill do 3 or 4 laps and hit a set of everything every lap. 15 and up rep range is my target. Ill superset 2 sets of dips with a set of set of hanging rows with no break and end up with 30 reps on dips and 15 hanging rows.