©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Need help!

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
OK, so I have been told that my diet totally sucks, lol!

So....help me out here.

I eat pretty darn healthy I feel, but I am not going to even post what it is, already did in my introduction....

I am 5'10", fair shape, but I am looking to gain muscle mass and gain strength. I need a really really good diet to help me do this.

Right now my workout program is as follows:

Monday - Tri's, Chest, and Calves. Three different exercises, three sets of 10-15 reps per muscle group.
Tuesday - Same for Back, Quads, and Biceps.
Wed - Rest/Cardio
Thursday - Delts, Abs, Glutes
Friday - Quads, Back, Tri's

I do a 45 min to 1 hr workout per time.

What diet would you recommend?

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Good call Rory, I need to post that here too.

Bodyfat is Currently 15.1%
Weight is 165lbs
Height is 5'10"
Goal: Not sure....just want to gain mass and strength.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012

Attachments

• eat-fat-to-burn-fat-musclefitness-july-11.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
3 sets per body part? That's how you wrote but I really hope that's not what you mean- ???

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I give him credit for asking for help at least. Kid just has a way to go and at least is trying to learn. Not sure about being on BB.com lol. No matter how little or much you train, diet is a key factor unless you have some incredible genetics.

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Hey guys, thanks for the input.

I do eat pretty darn healthy to tell you the truth except for the occasional fast food lunch.

I completely avoid refined sugar, we eat only organic produce and meats (my wife shops at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, etc), also avoid bleached flour, and pretty much any simple carbs.

Let me give you an example of my meals today. Breakfast 2 cups of heart revolution oats, 30g protein bar for snack. For lunch I had whole wheat pasta, spinach and 2 filets of baked salmon. For supper, I had a cup of Quinoa, 3 boiled eggs, a slice of meatloaf and steamed carrots.

I also take liquid vitamin complexes, Omega 3-6-9 supplements, glucosamin and chondroiten and Ginkgo Biloba.

I've pretty much followed a very stringent healthy eating lifestyle. I have been doing that for years.

I think my biggest failure is not being consistent with my workouts.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
That's a healthy diet if you want to stay where your at physically bro, not for bodybuilding imo.

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
@Enigmatic707

Yep, thats three sets per muscle group. But to make sure we're on the same page, I'll give an example:

Pecs:

Flat bench presses: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Pec Fly Machine: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Incline Dumbell Press: 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Is that what you were thinking?

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
@Rory,

What would you change if you were me bro? If I wanted to mass I mean? Add something? Eat more?

NVM, stupid question, I just downloaded the link to the pdf you posted earlier.....will read it and learn.....

Last edited:

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Personally I'd change your values for one. 50 grams protein, 45 grams carbs, and maybe 15-18 grams fat per meal. 5 meals a day. Make sure your sources are coming from clean food (look at the link from John Meadows in regards to types) with each meal.

Your holding a high % of fat for your height an weight. Your not holding much muscle but you want to make sure your gaining muscle an not more fat. Your meals because of your size should be whole foods an I wouldn't worry about extra shakes at this time. You can always add a meal or two per day if you need to increase your overall calories.

But it all depends on your goals an what works best for your situation. Currently whats working for me I run 50-55 grams protein (beef), 50-55 grams carbs (roasted red potatoes), an 20grams fats (natty peanut butter) thru out the day. Occasionally changing protein source but not the overall grams. Breakfast is cage free eggs, oatmeal but still same amount per meal 6 times a day non workout days an 7 on workout days.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Healthy diet? Maybe. Certainly not a BB diet. Too many carbs, not enough protein and fat. Especially if you are natural.
Think grass fed beef, fresh caught salmon, free range eggs, butter, avocados, coconut oil etc.

How is your hunger? your training should dictate your hunger, and your hunger/food intake your recovery. It's all a big loop of providing a stimulus and then listening to your body.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Listen to these guys... You have to make eating a priority. Right now your not eating enough. I am a small guy and in order for me to get in enough food I have to eat between 6-7 meals each day. I eat the minute I get up every three hrs till I go to bed. It sounds crazy but your body will burn calories digesting food so if you are eating the right things the more you eat the leaner you will get.

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Awesome fellas. My wife is shopping for me today. And yes, my appetite is voracious. I am constantly being told that I eat way too much. Rory, I gave that list to my wife to get the things, and aside from not eating enough, thats exactly what I try to consume anyway.....so I think I'm at a good place to start, just like all ya'll said, not eating near enough of it....

Think grass fed beef, fresh caught salmon, free range eggs, butter, avocados, coconut oil etc

That is exactly my mindset bro. Whole Foods carries all of this.....and we live on a 426 acre farm so the eggs, beef, and butter are all local.....

Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes I look at most if my nutrition this way. If it wasn't alive at some point it grew from the ground I don't eat it. No processed foods either. Your on your way. This food thing is the hardest part IMO. Once you get this part dialed in it will be smooth sailing from there. Spices are your best friend as well to make your proteins taste good. I season my boneless skinless chicken breast with a seasoning called kicken chicken. Makes it taste so much better!!

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
This is how I cook an what helps me. I precook all my foods for a few days an store them in cake pans in bulk. Then pre measure your meals so you know how much is exactly what for the Tupperware you use. Keeps it consistent an clean. Spices are great as stated above, walden farms an low carb brands of condiments are also great.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378472291.995705.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378472303.181469.jpg

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
This is how I cook an what helps me. I precook all my foods for a few days an store them in cake pans in bulk. Then pre measure your meals so you know how much is exactly what for the Tupperware you use. Keeps it consistent an clean. Spices are great as stated above, walden farms an low carb brands of condiments are also great.

View attachment 7779

View attachment 7780

I do the same thing. It's the only way to make sure you are going have what you need during the work week. I see so many people say I can't do it cause I don't have time. You have to make the time!

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Jim and Rory,

I owe you guys, this is a big help to me. that is just an awesome idea about precooking and storing. I think I had my wife a little stressed when she thought she was going to do do all of this for me, lol.

"No Honey, I'll take care of it...."