©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New York Area

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
10 Defendants Indicted On Steroid Distribution And Money Laundering Conspiracy Charges | USAO-NDNY | Department of Justice

10 Defendants Indicted On Steroid Distribution And Money Laundering Conspiracy Charges

Nationwide Distribution Organization Was Based in Binghamton

BINGHAMTON, NEW YORK – Ten men were arrested Wednesday on federal charges of conspiring to distribute anabolic steroids and engage in international money laundering, announced United States Attorney Richard S. Hartunian, Special Agent in Charge James J. Hunt, New York Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico, and Acting Inspector in Charge James V. Buthorn, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Boston Division.

The felony charges, which allege that the defendants were part of a steroids distribution organization based in Broome County, New York, are contained in a September 11, 2015 indictment that was unsealed Wednesday afternoon in federal court in Binghamton. The defendants were arrested Wednesday morning in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Georgia and Delaware.

"Anabolic steroids are controlled substances that carry significant health risks when used or distributed unlawfully," stated U.S. Attorney Richard S. Hartunian. "As alleged in the indictment, these defendants were unlawfully distributing these dangerous substances and some of them engaged in international money laundering to carry on their steroids distribution ring. I commend the federal and state agencies that worked together to dismantle this organization."

The name of each defendant is set forth in the chart below, along with each defendant’s age, place of residence, the charges against him, and the maximum potential terms of imprisonment each faces upon conviction. The charges in the indictment are merely accusations. Each defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

These charges are the result of a joint investigation conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, the United States Postal Inspection Service and the New York State Police.

"As alleged, these defendants were charged on drug trafficking and money laundering charges for their role in an international drug conspiracy," stated DEA Special Agent in Charge James J. Hunt. "Every day, 114 people die due to drug overdose, and law enforcement has committed our resources to identify, investigate and arrest those who distribute all illegal drugs. Similar to the consequences of any illegal drug, the repeated use of steroids leads to addiction, shame, embarrassment, heart attacks, strokes, cancer and jail."

"These arrests are the culmination of a wide-ranging investigation that uncovered a conspiracy to illegally distribute anabolic steroids," stated New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico. "These steroids exposed users to potentially dangerous health risks. I want to thank our Community Narcotics Enforcement Team and our federal partners for their work on this important case."

"The U.S. Postal Service is in the business of moving the mail and has no interest in being involved in the distribution of illegal drugs," stated Acting Postal Inspector in Charge James V. Buthorn. "Anabolic steroids are a controlled substance and like any other illegal drug, we want to keep them out of the U.S. Mail and away from the general public, who may not be aware of the full risks associated with their use. The men and women of the Postal Inspection Service work relentlessly to remove illegal narcotics from the mail while bringing to justice criminals who use the Postal Service to facilitate their crimes."

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Solomon B. Shinerock and Daniel Hanlon.

Attachments

• ny.jpg
    ny.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 15

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Just read about this on another board a couple days ago...i'm surprised thwy didnt mention the name of the lab. Everyone involved is listed but not what they operated under. Curious as to who it was...

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Seen this too. From what I read on PM, one of the posters knew the guys and said were doing cocaine and heroine the the same tables they were cooking on. Scary shit and if it's true I can't say I'm to sad to see them go

Last edited: