©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Overpressurised Vial?

robertscott

Registered User
Dec 17, 2012
295
0
16
Weird one for you gents: so drawing some oil out a vial last night, it started to leak! A couple of drops leaked out and messed up my rug.

The vial doesn't have a leak in it though. The only thing I could think was that there was too much pressure from injecting too much air in, so I stuck a needle with no barrel in, then stuck a pin + barrel in and it didn't leak.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure there was too much pressure in the vial.

Is this a common thing? Has it happened to anyone else?
 
Happens to me all the time. Out of habit I put 3cc's of air into the vial before every time I draw. After the 3rd or 4th time it'll start to leak a few drops from around the needle when I draw it up. No big deal.
 
Weird one for you gents: so drawing some oil out a vial last night, it started to leak! A couple of drops leaked out and messed up my rug.

The vial doesn't have a leak in it though. The only thing I could think was that there was too much pressure from injecting too much air in, so I stuck a needle with no barrel in, then stuck a pin + barrel in and it didn't leak.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure there was too much pressure in the vial.

Is this a common thing? Has it happened to anyone else?

I hate it when that happens....I bet it was a nice rug too.
 
I hate it when that happens....I bet it was a nice rug too.

genuine alpaca!

Na, just some shitty old rug. I did once manage to really piss off a girlfriend of mine pinning in her bathroom. I must've hit a vein or something because loads of blood squirted out all over the floor.
 
genuine alpaca!

Na, just some shitty old rug. I did once manage to really piss off a girlfriend of mine pinning in her bathroom. I must've hit a vein or something because loads of blood squirted out all over the floor.

Gotta love it when the bathroom looks like a murder scene!:eek:
 
Lots of time its the type of rubber stopper you poke thru and its too hard and not chemical resistant so it will leak . Pressure would push plunger out so im also confused. Lol
 
Lots of time its the type of rubber stopper you poke thru and its too hard and not chemical resistant so it will leak . Pressure would push plunger out so im also confused. Lol

pretty sure it was the pressure. I stuck a needle in and the oil kinda shot up a bit like there was pressure escaping, and now when I stick a needle + barrel in there's no leak.

I do think it might be this new labs I'm using's rubber stoppers just aren't as good. I've never had it happen until I switched to this lab.

The oils are definitely stronger though so I can't really complain.
 
Air in the vial so no issue. For other people just do what he did... put in a needle (no syringe) to get the air out.