©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Selling my cycle

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
4,130
0
0
USA
Can anyone recommend where to sell my cycle at? I was looking at cycletrader.com but they seem to be damn pricey for what they give you. I thought about ebay, but I really dont want the hassle with having to ship the damn bike, and ebay has a lot of hidden seller fees. Any recommendations?
 
locally is probably your best bet. vehicles over the net are tough. If your in a big city the newspaper usually does the job.
 
Thanks, thats what I was thinking. I need to check into what they charge for the newspaper ads. Cycletrader.com wants $70 for a lousy 2 weeks in their magazine and on their internet site. I would hope my local paper is cheaper than that.
 
Shit, I just checked what the local paper wants, and they are $60 for 2 weeks in their damn rag! Crooks everywhere. lol
 
tell, i went to that site and i didnt see any good bulking cycles to purchase..... haha
 
I sold 2 vehicles on ebay in the last 2 months. One was a motorcycle and the other was a tractor - they brought a combined total of $9000 and it cost me $90 to list them. I listed them both as "local pickup only" so there was no shipping costs. Ebay is not a bad deal...
 
wolfyEVH said:
tell, i went to that site and i didnt see any good bulking cycles to purchase..... haha

lol, i was thinking the same thing. why would you want to sell your cycle in the general discussion forum,lol. :smoker:
 
I sold a few motorcycles through local dealerships. I did buy them there as well but they have a peg board of used bikes. That mightbe worth a try.

If you are close to a college that is also a surefire way to sell a bike.

~WW999
 
I saw a 1982 wide glide for sale $8200. For not much more you can get a brand new bike. They're gonna be trying to sell that one for a long time.
 
wolfyEVH said:
tell, i went to that site and i didnt see any good bulking cycles to purchase..... haha


Everyone's a smart ass. lol
When you first looked, did you think you had a mod soliciting? :p
 
Last edited:
imdaman1 said:
I sold 2 vehicles on ebay in the last 2 months. One was a motorcycle and the other was a tractor - they brought a combined total of $9000 and it cost me $90 to list them. I listed them both as "local pickup only" so there was no shipping costs. Ebay is not a bad deal...
Doesnt Ebay take a percentage of what they go for as well?
 
Not if you don't use paypal. If the buyer is coming to you to pick up the vehicle, he should just bring the cash with him and pay you directly.
 
imdaman1 said:
Not if you don't use paypal. If the buyer is coming to you to pick up the vehicle, he should just bring the cash with him and pay you directly.
Thanks buddy
 
Ebay ...local pickup only is a good idea and you can list it regionally instead of nationally which tends to bring in the locals

Nitrateman