©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Snack/Meal

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Alright, not really a recipe and not a 'discussion', but I had gotten out of an extended meeting here at work and was running late for a feeding. It's a high carb day today and time's of the essence, so why not combine everything?

1 cup oats dry( 2 .5 cup servings)
1 cup Fage total 0% fat free yogurt
1 medium banana

Cook oats in water, stir in yogurt, chopped banana. Sweeten with Splenda and the secret ingredient for oatmeal: imitation maple extract.
Guaranteed to make your healthy oats taste like sugar-laden horseshit without all the guilt and cavities. :)

Grim

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Alright, not really a recipe and not a 'discussion', but I had gotten out of an extended meeting here at work and was running late for a feeding. It's a high carb day today and time's of the essence, so why not combine everything?

1 cup oats dry( 2 .5 cup servings)
1 cup Fage total 0% fat free yogurt
1 medium banana

Cook oats in water, stir in yogurt, chopped banana. Sweeten with Splenda and the secret ingredient for oatmeal: imitation maple extract.
Guaranteed to make your healthy oats taste like sugar-laden horseshit without all the guilt and cavities. :)

Grim

I add a scoop of protein powder to that recipe and then no splenda is needed.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I do similar, but I leave the oats dry. I like the texture of dry oats mixed in with the greek yogurt and some fruit. If I want to do something similar that is low carb, I mix extra protein powder with the greek yogurt, add in some almonds or peanut butter and a little cinnamon and you have good little meal.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
I'll throw oats, greek yogurt, protein powder, flaxseed, frozen blueberries, almond milk, banana, and peanut butter in the blender anf chug it down. Good stuff

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I like dried oats in my mixes, like AtomAnt. Looks really good with the yogurt. I will give it a try.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
You can powder up old fashion oats in food processor ..so basically 1/3 cup powder oats is 1/2 cup normal. Plus powder oats wont need to cook if you want hot oatmeal .just add hot water for gruel...money u save not buying 3$ 3min oats in packages can go towards dbol powder to sugar coat your drink.¿ ib