©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The preworkout thread

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I need to use Dragon Pharma's Venom a few more times to effectively review it. I haven't used it for awhile and I know it's very good but can't recall my exact feelings on it so I will use it a few more times and add it to the list. The same for the Naughtyboy Menace Halloween Special preworkout and I will use that a few days running and add it to the review list.

I have also ordered 3 more new preworkouts for when the gyms reopen so it's full steam ahead for me. All of them are strong and one of them is especially crazy looking.

Gorillalpha Yeti Juice- A 2 scoop serving has 7g l-citrulline, 4g beta alanine, 4g peak02, 2g taurine, 1.6g tyrosine, 800mg alpha gpc, 500mg caffeine, 350mg l-theanine, 400mg l-norvaline, 400mg juglans regia, 260mg dmae, 100mg hordenine and 100mg astragin.

Martian Muscle Dr Doom-
4g beta alanine, 400mg juglans regia, 200mg citrus aurantium, 450mg caffeine, 270mg kigelia africana, 6g citrulline malate, 2.5g glycerol, 2g l-taurine, 2g l-tyrosine, 600mg lions mane, 375mg l-theanine, 250mg dmae, 400mg vitamin c, 10mg bioperine.

Myoblox LOCO Werewolf Blood-

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I should have really done a few days in a row of the products I need to test again to effectively judge properly but I have used 3 different ones the last 3 times I have trained. Below is a quick summation for each:

Naughtyboy Menace Halloween Special- I took this before my last lockdown/kitchen workout so no surprise it hit ma very hard. It felt great but I need to dose it a few more times before the gym before I can fully assess. It's looking like an 8-8.5/10 so far though.

Myoblox LOCO Werewolf Blood- I used this for the 1st time before my 1st workout after lockdown so it definitely needs to be used a few more times because I was flying anyway. It felt great and it hit me very hard. It contains 400mg RealCaf (caffeine derived from green coffee beans) which I find usually hits in harder than standard caffeine. It felt very strong and it was great but I will use it a few more times. It's looking like an 8.5/10 so far.

Dragon Pharma's Venom- I just took this today and it's a solid product and performs in all areas. It's long lasting so good for productivity after training as well. I am thinking between an 8-8.5/10 so far.

So all 3 products so far are performing similarly and they are all solid which is no surprise looking at their labels. I will use them more over the next 2 weeks and add them to my final review list. I am saving the 2 new and very strong preworkouts for a bit later when I am really pushing the weight to the limit in lower rep ranges.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Can anyone suggest a pre-workout for a begginer to bodybuilding?

What are you looking for from a preworkout? Focus, energy, pumps? What is most important to you? Are you sensitive to stimulants? Do you consume much coffee or energy drinks? Have you tried any preworkouts before?

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I will update this thread more soon as I have been using various preworkouts for my home workouts for awhile. I also have a few new ones. I posted about 1 tub I bought awhile back but I have yet to start it yet. It's loaded though...

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I used Martian Muscle's Dr Doom tonight. 2 scoops and I was wired but it a nice way. Feeling very productive after training as well. All in all a very good product. It's from the same makers as Yeti Juice which I will try soon.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
i take kratom pre workout.. mixture of white indo and dark green borneo.... it works but kinda makes me chill

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
i take kratom pre workout.. mixture of white indo and dark green borneo.... it works but kinda makes me chill

Years ago I took kratom (for the 1st time) preworkout and I was so out of it I had to stay home for a few hours. Plus I have taken alsorts of party drugs over the years so it surprised me the strong effect it had on me. I can't remember the strains but I think a white one but it may have been a blend. I used it other times and was fine but after everything I have heard about it I stay away from it but I know many love the stuff. Do you take it often?

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
Years ago I took kratom (for the 1st time) preworkout and I was so out of it I had to stay home for a few hours. Plus I have taken alsorts of party drugs over the years so it surprised me the strong effect it had on me. I can't remember the strains but I think a white one but it may have been a blend. I used it other times and was fine but after everything I have heard about it I stay away from it but I know many love the stuff. Do you take it often?

ya i used to be addicted to hydrocodones so i got on kratom to get me off of dones. works wonders... especially for opiate addiction.. i take it in the mornig and b4 workout.. im gonna get some blood work done soon. if my bloodwork is good then ill continue to take it.. i read its kinda toxic to liver in high doses

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have used Martian Muscle's Dr Doom at 2 scoops about 5 times now and it's a solid preworkout. It gives good energy, focus and pumps and overall it's about an 8.5/10. A few days ago I tried Yeti Juice at 2 scoops and that felt amazing. Similar to Dr Doom just better. I have only used it once so far but easily an 9/10 so far.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I tried one of my old ones tonight that I had saved a few servings for future use. I made the mistake of taking the full dose on a fairly empty stomach and I was too wired. My heart rate was up and I was sweating but I had a great workout but definitely too much. It was 2 scoops of Musclesport's Rhino Rampage. Definitely a strong workout and the energy stays with you for 8+ hours.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Today I tried a preworkout that I have only used a few times. It's called Riot Act and it's from HR Labs. It's mainly contains stimulants and as a result it can be useful when my back is feeling tight. I wanted something to give me a great boost without adding to pumps in the gym. I used 1 scoop and this stuff feels great to me. Crazy energy and focus that was very long lasting with no crash. I need to use it more before I rate it but for what it is I would say in the 8.5-9/10 range.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Today I tried a preworkout that I have only used a few times. It's called Riot Act and it's from HR Labs. It's mainly contains stimulants and as a result it can be useful when my back is feeling tight. I wanted something to give me a great boost without adding to pumps in the gym. I used 1 scoop and this stuff feels great to me. Crazy energy and focus that was very long lasting with no crash. I need to use it more before I rate it but for what it is I would say in the 8.5-9/10 range.

Hey brother. Not big into stims much anymore, but keep us posted and since you like to geek out on ingredients, maybe post up some of the benefits of those in the product*?

*Waits for 'Sausage Tree' jokes from the peanut gallery. :)

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have done it again and not updated this thread and have used many products and I can't even remember all the details so I won't be able to post about them all. I will post more details soon. On the top of my head in the last 6 months I have used...

Gorilla Mode
Gorilla Mode Stim
Naughty Boy Menace
5% Nutrition's 5150
Axe & Sledge's Seventh Gear
Glaxon Specimen
Glaxon GFY
Gorilla Alpha Yeti Juice
Gorilla Alpha Alien Juice

I haven't used anything as strong as Excelsior in the last 6 months but if anyone wants to use a strong preworkout I would recommend Gorilla Alpha Ibiza Juice. If you have 2 scoops it contains 20 servings and the stimulants are very high at that dose.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have been told by someone that the new batch of excelsior is crazy strong so that sounds promising. Although at the moment I am avoiding any strong stimulants. I had a very short break and since then have been using My Protein's Alpha preworkout. I bought it because it was on a massive sale and it looked basic but effective and I am a big fan of their preworkout+ product and this is no different. I am sure the break helped but I am really liking it (possible top 10). I have always responded well to a mix of Citrulline and AAKG and My protein's products always feel strong considering they are just caffeine based. I haven't even been dosing a full 2 scoops either (just over 1.5) but I will start soon.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I will start posting in this thread more because I haven't included many products I have used in the last year so it definitely needs updating. I want to mention a new pump product that caught my eye recently. A lot of guys are after pump products so this one looks ideal...

WOLF PUMP​

Citrulline Malate - 10g
Glycersize - 4g
Betaine - 3g
Nitrosigine - 1.5g
Alpha GPC - 1.2g
L-Citrulline Nitrate - 1g
Rednite (beetroot) - 1g
Silicon Dioxide - 800mg
Sodium Chloride - 300mg
Resveratrol - 25mg

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have had a tub of Glaxon's GFY for ages and I used it approx 6-12 months ago and it was decent but nothing special. Anyway it's been in a box ever since and I decided to use it a few days ago. It's really bizarre because it hit me unlike it's ever done before and not in a good way. I don't recall it ever making my face flush or tingle badly so even if I had it on a fairly empty stomach this time for it to do what it done was crazy. It's like it mutated sitting in the tub all this time :D I felt like I had just injected 2mg melanotan 2 after a 5 year break. I went the most red I have ever gone in my life and my whole face was buzzing to the point it hurt and I had stomach cramps etc. What I would expect from eating 1kg beta alanine powder. It's really strange because 1 serving only contains 1600mg beta alanine and 60mg niacin. I had to sit in the toilet for 20-30 mins just to let the redness go down (took about 1 hour) because I looked like I had just been on a sunbed for 2 hours. Never again... the tub is getting thrown in the bin.

I do have a tub of Cbum's Thavage Pre on it's way to me so that should be a good one. Over the next few months I mainly want to use good quality pre's with clinical doses of effective ingredients that aren't just loaded with stimulants and will give me a good boost in focus and performance without feeling too amped up.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
2 scoops of Cbum's Thavage Pre today and it was good. Nice boost in all areas (nothing over the top) and I had a great workout but I will need to use it a few more times before I can give it a score.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I will update my overall list with reviews soon because it's very extensive and will take time and it's late here now. I have forgotten many products but I still have many to add to it. I do love my high stims but as I get older I have moved away from them. I still have them occasionally but in the future I am going to mainly buy what I call allrounder products. Preworkout's that do everything but which aren't overloaded with stimulants because it's not needed and over time can often go against you. I want to use products full of clinical doses of useful ingredients that improve training in regards to better pumps, endurance and focus.

The product I have been using is a perfect example of a great allrounder product. If I gave a stim junkie Cbum's Thavage Pre they would probably be disappointed. Although I am a stim junkie to a degree and I loved it so maybe not. It doesn't contain many stimulants and fairly low caffeine but enough and I feel great from it. I never have a bad training session. I don't need preworkouts to motivate me because I love to train but this only adds to my training sessions and gets me fired up.

I wasn't sure just how high to score it but it's up there. I guess it depends what you are after. Again if a stim junkie rated it they may have it much lower. For me right now weighing everything up and comparing it to all the products I have used and the simple fact I feel great when I use it I have to put it right up there. It's between a 9-9.5/10. It performs in all areas and if you like products like Pre Jym and Nutrex's Outlift you should love this.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
For my next preworkout I really like the look of the new version of Thavage were Raw and Ghost have come together to release Thavage Legend Preworkout. It looks like it's very hard to get and isn't available online now but it looks even better. I love the ingredient profile and it's similar but with some really good changes...