©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit tris and bis today. Only a 1 hour session but kept rest periods short and ended up with a great pump.

Skullcrushers ss
Close grip benches x 4 rounds
Overhead ez bar extensions ss
Machine extensions x 3 rounds
Rev grip cable press downs ss
Standard press downs x 3 rounds last one dropset
Rev grip bb curls x 4 sets
Bb curls x 4, last one drops
Machine curls x 3 dropsets

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wheels and forearms for me today...

Leg presses on sled
One leg-leg presses on machine
Extensions
Lying leg curls
Calf raises on leg press
Seated calf raises
DB wrist curls
Rev grip dB wrist curls

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Back and traps yesterday

Chins
Seated v bar cable rows
Wide grip cable rows
Wide grip pulldowns, front
Wide grip pulldowns, rear
Rear bb shrugs
Front bb shrugs

Today I hit guns again, yeah I do them 2ce a week.lol

Seated incline dB curls
Rev grip preacher curls
Close grip preachers
Machine curls
DB skullcrushers
DB close grip presses
Rev grip cable press downs
Standard press downs
Rope overhead extensions

Taking my little one to a petting zoo/animal sanctuary tomorrow. Went last year and she loved it. Big place too, takes 3 hours to go all the way through. Don't get to see her much more than one day a week, so will be nice to go do something fun for her. Not ready for summer to end at all...figured we better do this before the weather turns to shit. Hope everybody's week is going good!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest and delts today. Think it's time to switch up body part combos here pretty soon. I always do chest first then by the time I hit delts, they're already wiped out and my strength just isn't there for any pressing movements. Might go to chest and traps and do delts on back day...

Flat bb benches
Machine presses
Incline dB flyes
Machine flyes
Machine decline presses
Seated dB shoulder presses
Seated dB side laterals
Seated reverse flyes
Ez bar front raises
DB laterals running down the rack

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
After a rough week last week, I have been feeling better and training. hit chest Sunday, back on Monday, shoulders Tuesday and guns yesterday. Gonna rest today.

Got my latest scan report and it reported no new cancer growth. Everything is stable. Hell yes! Looks like you guys have to put up with me a while longer. The fight continues!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
After a rough week last week, I have been feeling better and training. hit chest Sunday, back on Monday, shoulders Tuesday and guns yesterday. Gonna rest today.

Got my latest scan report and it reported no new cancer growth. Everything is stable. Hell yes! Looks like you guys have to put up with me a while longer. The fight continues!

Man that is great news!
Keep up the good fight my brutha!!!

Tonight is shoulders.
I'll start with heavy presses, lots of raises, and end with shrugs.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit up guns yesterday, back and delts today

Seated wide grip cable rows
Rev grip/close grip cable rows
Wide grip rear cable pulldowns
Wide grip front cable pulldowns
Behind the neck shoulder presses
Military presses
DB side laterals
Machine laterals
Machine shoulder presses

Damn, my vacation flew by! Hate how that always happens, you look forward all year for some much needed time off then before you know it you're back to work again...oh well I'm gonna give it hell tonight, time for some brewha's :D

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Trained back today after a couple days off. Included some rack deads which I have not done in a while. I still like doing those too.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a kick-ass shoulder workout yesterday. I was feeling good and love it! But, I was back to chemo today and I am already feeling it. Eating some candied ginger now to help my icky stomach feeling. Got my fingers crossed for chest tomorrow.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit chest yesterday. Went well. Flat bench, dumbell presses, dumbell flyes and pec dec.

One thing I have learned training during chemo... your strength drops from what it was, your stamina drops and I need a bit more time between sets to recover for the next set. But hey! Its still good ol "iron therapy"!

Feeling good so far today. Hope that holds. Planning on guns later.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Back today. Light rack deads, dumbbell rows, cable rows, close grip pull downs. DONE.

Chemo tomorrow.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
After a tough few days after chemo, I feel better and trained chest today. I was stronger than I expected so I felt good about that.

Plans for back tomorrow and keep this going.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Life got busy for me recently, so figured it was time to take a week off from the gym. First time I've done that for around a year, so it was definitely needed. Can't believe how depleted I looked from taking time off...that plus lack of sleep and only eating like the average person didn't help either. Hit up bis and tris yesterday, chest and traps today. Hope to make it in 2 more days in a row to complete the rest of my body parts.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Glad you are back Matt! Life happens. Those weeks off can be beneficial many times I have discovered.

Had a great back workout yesterday:
rack deads
one arm dumbbell rows
t-bars
close grip pull-downs

My last set was walking out of the gym with a smile and feeling good about it.

Life got busy for me recently, so figured it was time to take a week off from the gym. First time I've done that for around a year, so it was definitely needed. Can't believe how depleted I looked from taking time off...that plus lack of sleep and only eating like the average person didn't help either. Hit up bis and tris yesterday, chest and traps today. Hope to make it in 2 more days in a row to complete the rest of my body parts.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Back and delts before work today...

Rear wide grip cable pulldowns
Front wide grip cable pulldowns
Seated close grip/underhand cable rows
Arnold presses
DB shoulder presses
DB side laterals

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Kinda crummy day yesterday. Gonna hit some guns this AM and ride my good energy wave.

Happy hump day ya bunch of iron heads! Make some noise in the pit!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit shoulders yesterday. presses, various flyes and shrugs.

Friday eve brothers. Let's hit it.

trainlikeaboss

Mar 26, 2015
11 days left on this contest prep! High carbs, hit chest around 6pm

Flat Bench: warmup to 315x5 (x3), 225x20, 135x50
Incline DB Press: 50x20, 50x15, 50x10
Pec Deck: 150x20 (x3)
High cable press: 40x20 (x3), 30x20, 20x20

15 minutes cardio