©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



Thoughts On Anderson Silva vs GSP

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
2,455
5
38
For the longest time I thought this would be a great match up, but now, I'd rather see each one reign supreme in their own division. To me, anybody can be beaten on any given day. So, to me, a Silva-GSP fight would have to be the best 2 out of 3, for it to be fair. The people who would could really suffer are the contenders in the respective divisions. For example, let's say Johny Hendricks is the next contender for the welterweight title and suddenly the Silva-GSP camps come to terms on everything and sign a contract to fight. This fight trumps the GSP-Hendricks fight. Hendricks says, "Hey, I'm a fighter, I need to make a living, so I'll fight So and So in the meantime." Well he fights So and So, and he loses...After that, he may never get the chance to fight for the title again due to any number of circumstances. So, for me, I'd rather these two great fighters just stay in their respective weight classes and defend their titles against the individuals that have earned their shot!!
 
Last edited:
I agree, I see no reason really for these two to fight...You're right, one fight can start a chain of events that hurts the divisions.....
 
I don't think GSP will fight him. He has to much to lose. He also doesn't stand a chance. Silva would kill him. I would much rather see Jones ve Silva. Silva could beat him also but I don't like Jones.
 
I agree ProFIT, GSP wins decisions and Silva literally destroys people his weight class and bigger. GSP is way to small and doesn't have near the skill Silva has. This is a fight that gets hyped up and never happens and if it does it will be a disapointment.
 
I agree ProFIT, GSP wins decisions and Silva literally destroys people his weight class and bigger. GSP is way to small and doesn't have near the skill Silva has. This is a fight that gets hyped up and never happens and if it does it will be a disapointment.

Yeah that
 
Yea As much as I'd like to see a " super fight"
I just don't like that match up for Gsp.

Let's see jones step up to heavy?
OR.....silva step up to fight jones ( most likely and the most
Interesting IMO)
 
Too big a weight class for GSP to try and come up.. don't think it would be in his best interest..

Smarter move to stay where he is
 
Silva vs Dos Santos or Cain is far more compelling to me than him fighting GSP. It's obvious to me from his body language that GSP don't really want none of that.
 
I think Dana White is trying to make a deal with Anderson to move up and fight Jones. I'm thinking something along the lines of, I will convince GSP to fight you if you'll fight Jones afterwards. GSP obviously doesn't want the fight but he is getting pushed into it.
 
Silva vs Dos Santos or Cain is far more compelling to me than him fighting GSP. It's obvious to me from his body language that GSP don't really want none of that.

That would be more interesting.....
 
I think as a fight fan it would just be an interesting match up. Problem is that GSP has to jump up out of his weight and Silva would have to come down from his to make a catch weight fight and that in itself will give the loosing side it's excuses and it would end up being a what if scenario all over again. Would be fun to watch though.
 
IMO, it would make for a better payday for Dana White then it would a fight for the viewers.
 
Dana seems to be pushing this fight much harder than the fighters want it...at least GSP. IMO, i'd love to see the fight, but you'd have to put Silva as the favorite considering his size advantage and well, him just being Silva. I'd never count out GSP though, he's a very smart fighter and will fight to his strengths and Anderson's weaknesses....well, what weaknesses he has.

IMO< GSP's best chance would be to take it to the ground...and with Anderson being bigger, that could be an issue just being able to take him down. One thing to keep in mind is that a few years back, many fighters from his camp were saying that he was able to take Rashad Evans down continuously with ease....and Rashad is a few wt-clases up, and a solid wrsetler.
 
Gsp vs diaz

Looks like Dana announced GSP will be fighting Nick Diaz. That's if Nick plays by the rules and shows up. ha ha
 
GSP vs DIaz will be good. I can't stand DIaz, but respect his ability to fight. I don't think he is even close to GSP's level though. This willl sell a lot of seats and PPV's because of the hype that will come with it. I'll be one kicking down on it:D