©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Widowmaker/DC training?

mx109

Feb 3, 2013
US
Heres my question. "How long should a person train for before using widowmakers or dc training in their routines?" I can't say I am a complete newby to training nor am I advanced. I would say I am at the low intermediate level, (if there is such a level, I like to make up my own shit, LOL).

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I am biased against HIT style training myself, but if you insisted on using the approach I would cycle it in after some high volume work. I would say you could start HIT when you have developed an appreciation for good form and a solid muscular base (6 months to 1 year).

Good luck,
Hawk

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
How many years training experience do you have? What types of training have you used in the past? Have you done any types of beyond concentric failure training?

What are your stats? How about best lifts?

You are not really going to reap the benefits of doing DC, like real DC, without have a MINIMUM of 3 years of hard balls to the wall training. You simply need to build up the level of intensity, need to develop the knowledge of your own body and how you respond to various lifts and rep ranges, need to have adequate strength to use heavy enough weights to induce significant stress on the muscle, have to be able to push beyond the mental barrier where you think you reached failure and be able to train day in and day out like a damn human highlight reel.

That being said, if you still need to build a better base before getting into true DC training, then incorporating some of the DC principles is a very good way to help get accustomed to the level of intensity required on DC.

So while you might not be using the enitre DC layout, you can try things like RP sets, statics, the super slow negatives, pulsing statics, and widowmakers and see how you respond to them and learn the exercises that work best in various rep ranges and what seems to help you stimulate each bodypart best.

Build yourself a solid foundation first, because you really will not get what you can out of DC without it.