©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

World War 2

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
The legendary powerhouse Tiger, king of the European battlefields.

The German Tiger

Last edited:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The German artillery of WWII, including the (in)famous 88.

German Field Guns

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The MG42

Hitler's "buzzsaw". The incomparable MG42 machine gun. 7 seconds between barrel changes is when you made a break for it. Other than that, you were done.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Katyusha

The Red Army's most devastating weapon, the Katyusha rocket launcher.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A great video of the largest armored battle in history, the massive clash at Kursk in July, 1943. The last major offensive on the Eastern front for the mighty Wehrmacht.

The Battle of Kursk

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I did work in a man's home last winter - he was in the first troupe to invade Normendie - he was also one of the first to go into the concentration camps-
He gave me one of the big water proof maps of Germany and also a few postcards of a few war camps - with every thing mapped out on them- he past away a few weeks later

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
if only we could put as much ingenuity into solving world hunger or pollution or sustainable energy as we do into killing other humans lol

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I did work in a man's home last winter - he was in the first troupe to invade Normendie - he was also one of the first to go into the concentration camps-
He gave me one of the big water proof maps of Germany and also a few postcards of a few war camps - with every thing mapped out on them- he past away a few weeks later

They are the greatest generation. It's sad that time goes by and we lose them, but such is life.

The world the way we know it is because of the sacrifice and commitment that generation made to not only this country, but the world.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
if only we could put as much ingenuity into solving world hunger or pollution or sustainable energy as we do into killing other humans lol

It's the only constant in human history. Hatred and the need to conquer. We're hard wired for it. It's still there, the same as it was during the time of Alexander the Great, the Crusades, Napoleon, Communist Russia and Nazi Germany.

Conventional warfare is over, but terrorist cells and religious persecution will continue forever.

Much agreed, bobcat. It makes me laugh when you think that if one country has the nuclear capability to destroy the earth, why does anyone else even bother having it? For retaliation? The world is over as we know it, there's no retaliation if someone pushes the button.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
ya...but with that being said...the mg42 is one badass piece of machinery...did some major work with it killing zombies in call of duty world at war haha

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012

You're a little short-sighted buddy. Technological innovation of all kinds has been driven by military innovation for centuries. The great majority of the major technological leaps forward that make our civilian lives better and provide us with the comfortable lives we enjoy now can trace their beginnings to technology that was invented for warring ting purposes.

War, and the threat of war, creates a hastened environment to procure funding for new tech development, and funding in the private sector is typically the limiting factor that kills new product development. The military industrial complex removes the spending limits that routinely stifle innovation and creates a guaranteed customer that needs little to no spending on marketing and advertising.

It's pretty safe to say that without the military driving technological innovation the way they have for centuries, we would all be a few hundred years behind where we are now, technologically speaking.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
You're a little short-sighted buddy. Technological innovation of all kinds has been driven by military innovation for centuries. The great majority of the major technological leaps forward that make our civilian lives better and provide us with the comfortable lives we enjoy now can trace their beginnings to technology that was invented for warring ting purposes.

War, and the threat of war, creates a hastened environment to procure funding for new tech development, and funding in the private sector is typically the limiting factor that kills new product development. The military industrial complex removes the spending limits that routinely stifle innovation and creates a guaranteed customer that needs little to no spending on marketing and advertising.

It's pretty safe to say that without the military driving technological innovation the way they have for centuries, we would all be a few hundred years behind where we are now, technologically speaking.

lol oooookay man, taking what I said pretty far out of context....you're so long sighted, wow, I'm so impressed, thanks for pointing out the error of my ways, I feel so enlighten now by your correction..

Last edited:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
No doubt in that, Sully. I think what he was trying to say is that the same kind of hastened productivity and creative ingenuity should be done in peace time. It would achieve the same result.