©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

ZacharyKane's Offseason with Gorilla Farm

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Got a couple workout updates to post, but wanted to throw up my starting pictures here from about 10 days ago or so. Whatever day I got my pack from Gorilla Farm is when I took these! Weight was 202, hoping to end up around 220 and a tad leaner by the end of this run!

IMG_7247 2.JPG
IMG_7524.JPG
IMG_7521.JPG

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Saturday was just arms and calves as Sunday I was hitting legs with my training partners, so a little break from straight DC training for that purpose. Beat all my lifts from the previous session with the same lifts, so another win!

Hoist Preacher Curl - 90 x 15, 10, 8
Reverse EZ Curl Bar Curls - 75 x 12, 8, 4
Leg Press Toe Press - 240 x 10
Hoist Crunch Machine - 250 x 15, 10, 8

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Sunday was leg day with my training partners, first time in a couple weeks so I was in a good head space to push hard. I'll do my best here to recall what we did for weights as we just kind of ended up throwing more and more weight on every exercise we did.....

Banded Lying Leg Curl - 25 x 8, 50 x 8, 75 x 8, 100 x 10, 100 x 10 (this was done on a Strive lying leg curl, so the weights were spread to the middle and end range of the motion)
Banded Leg Extension - 90x 10, 135 x 10, 180 x 10, 225 x 15 (Another Strive machine, again the weight was stacked to make the peak contraction the hardest)
Pit Shark - 200 x 10, 400 x 10, 600 x 10, 720 x 15 (this was mostly quad focused, last set was a grinder)
Leg Press - Several feeder sets, I can't remember what exactly, but last set was 11 plates per side for 15 reps on a Nebula Leg Press
Pendulum Squat - 90 x 10, 135 x 10, 180 x 10 (This was done with a 3 second pause on each rep in the hole and at the top flexing the quads, holy burning quads)

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
I messed up and forgot to wear the hat! I'm doing another set of pics today, my bad guys...lol

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
So here are pictures with me actually following directions this time, lol. I wish I could blame prep so I'll say it was my selective dyslexia :D Weight is now 202 and I'm 5'6". I'll be starting to slowly up my gear from this point forward :headbang:

These pics were taking about 4 meals deep in the day, I wake up way before the sun rises and if I tried to get my wife to take pictures then she would probably legitimately try and kill me!

IMG_7545.JPG
IMG_7544.JPG
IMG_7553.JPG

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Once again I was able to beat the log book yesterday! Some sets were real grinders and I was torched by the end of the training session, but I felt pretty good about what I was able to do. Starting this week I'm going to slowly start adding in some more gear. I got some primo coming from Gorilla now as well that I will add in once it arrives. Primo is by far my favorite compound ever, I love how I look and feel on it, so looking forward to trying out Gorilla's!

Nautilus Flat Press - 290 x 9, 5, 3
Cable Upright Row - 82.5 x 15, 8, 5
Reverse Grip Bench - 205 x 10, 5, 3
Pull-ups - 10, 6, 4
Cable Row - 231 x 8, 3, 3

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Rest day yesterday, so that means just some cardio. Lately cardio has been playing with my dogs and taking them for walks. We just adopted a puppy and I'll be honest, I completely forgot how much energy they have! Our older dog has a new found joy of being energetic now too, but she hates walks and fetch and only wants to play tug. That's all fine and good but she's an 80lb staffy, so I have to really dig in to not get pulled to the ground! Great grip strength training, lol.

Got the go-ahead from my team around me to start ramping up the gear. Right now the plan is as follows:

50mg EOD Test/NPP/Mast/Primo
50mg Day Proviron
25mg S4
10mg GW
2iu GH upon waking
2iu GH pre-training
10iu (5iu in AM, 5iu in PM) Lantus

Not a ton of gear, but I've been making progress on only 10mg of test prop a day for the last 8 weeks, so hopefully I see a nice jump here!

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Arms and legs were on tap yesterday. I didn't push quads too hard as they were still fried from my session on Sunday along with some achy knees, but still beat the log book on hamstrings. Go figure, my one decent body part, lol.

Yesterday I also started with the test/npp/mast blend, very smooth and zero PIP today from it. Anxious to see how I will respond in the coming days and weeks!

Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 40 x 10, 6, 4
Hammer Curls - 40 x 10, 5, 4
Standing Calf Raises - 230 x 12 (this took 3 1/2 minutes, holy ouch)
Seated Leg Curl - 200 x 12, 6, 3
Smith Machine Squat - 150 x 10 (Feet way out in front, all quads on this)

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Good log. I had to recently change a squat machine back to barbell squats because of knee issues. My gym does have a great hoz leg press which I also like to use. Do you plan to up the lantus?

Last edited:

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Shame on me for trying to save my lower back for one workout, lol.

The lantus will go up as things progress and a short acting insulin will get added in eventually around the training window.

Good log. I had to recently change a squat machine back to barbell squats because of knee issues. My gym does have a great hoz leg press which I also like to use. Do you plan to up the lantus?

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Got a couple of workouts to post up, one from yesterday and today's leg day. Slight deviation from traditional DC training splitting legs out like this, but it's more about the time with my friends than being so rigid I can't change my training plans a bit.

Log book was beaten again on Saturday and today's leg day was super solid. I had to bow out on doing hack squats though, my right knee has been a bit cranky so I decided not to push it. I don't remember weights for what we did on legs, heavy is all I know, so I'm just putting the exercises down.

Saturday
Nautilus Decline Press - 280 x 12, 6, 3
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 85 x 12, 6, 2
Hoist Seated Dips - 225 x 20, 8, 4
Close Grip Pulldowns - 213 x 8, 4, 2
Wide Grip Cable Rows - 231 x 10, 5, 3

Sunday
Lying Leg Curl
Nautilus Leg Extension
Leg Press
Squat Machine Super Set with Leg Extension

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Weight is starting to climb a bit after adding in some additional calories and bumping the gear up, morning weight is around 204. Appetite is still crazy high which I'm honestly shocked at as my appetite always sucks during the offseason and has been one of the big things limiting progress in my opinion. So I'm doing everything I can to keep that rolling and hopefully get my offseason weight up to a lean 220-230. REALLY hoping for 230, but we'll see how things pan out. I don't want to be a sloppy 230....

Yesterday was just some biceps and calves, legs were still fried from Sunday and my knee was still angry, so wasn't wanting to push them and end up making things worse. Good thing because today was the first time in two weeks it wasn't severely hurting in the morning. Beat the log book again, and have no consistently been able to train arms for a couple months now and some progress is finally starting to show.

Barbell Curls - 70 x 15, 8, 6
Pinwheel Curls - 45 x 10, 6, 4
Seated Calf Raises - 115 x 8, 45 x 10

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Destroyed the log book yesterday, and today I feel completely wrecked as a result, lol. My A1 workout is by far my toughest one, and I was anxious all day long before getting into the gym knowing what I was up against. Luckily everything is clicking very well for me right now! Diet, sleep, recovery, stress and supplementation are all on point!

Incline Smith Machine Press - 270 x 8, 4, 2
Nautilus Shoulder Press - 340 x 12, 6, 4
Close Grip Bench Press - 225 x 10, 6, 4
Medium Neutral Grip Mag Bar Pulldown - 231 x 6, 3, 2
Rack Pulls - 495 x 10

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Leg day today! Once again I paid zero attention to the weights, it was a lot, I know that much. Leg press I stopped counting at 9 pps.

Seated Leg Curl - 6 sets, last two were working sets, last one was leaning forward to work the hamstrings from the stretched position

Leg Extension - 6 sets to warm up quads

Leg Press super-setted with Hack Squats

Pendulum Squats super-setted with banded leg extensions - these lit my quads up, I don't recall them ever burning this bad.

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Yesterday was an upper body day, once again some serious nerves going in knowing the numbers I was up against. I solidly beat them again though, kind of nice being back on the super supps, lol.

Bodyweight is finally starting to climb a bit more as well, woke up this morning at 206 which is nice. Heaviest I got last year was 213 after a heavy cheat meal, drinking a bunch of water and wearing clothes. So I feel pretty confident that this offseason will be much more productive than my last. Simply because of the fact that I'm one, not getting sick every day and two, it'll be about 3 times longer than any other offseason I've previously had.

Nautilus Flat Press - 310 x 12, 6, 5
Upright Cable Row - 93.5 x 12, 8, 6
Reverse Grip Bench - 225 x 10, 8, 3
Weighted Pull-Ups - 25 x 10, 5, 3
Close Grip Cable Rows - 236 x 8, 5, 4

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Kind of a lame workout yesterday, just some arms and calves. What made it kind of sucky though was we had to take our dog to the emergency vet after some complications with her TPLO surgery and she wasn't doing well at all, so it was hard to get over my anxiety of the situation and get in a solid workout. Still beat the log book but I honestly couldn't wait to get out of there which is very unlike me.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 45 x 8, 5, 4
Hammer Curls - 45 x 10, 6, 4
Seated Calf Raises - 135 x 12 (two sets)

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Tough one yesterday and changed up one of the back exercise to try and focus on lower lats a bit more. Felt a lot more like myself yesterday and had a nice jump in strength. For seated shoulder presses I just did one all out set as getting bigger dumbbells into position without a spotter is a bit of a struggle for my midget self.

Nautilus Decline Press - 300 x 10, 7, 5
Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 90 x 18
Hoist Dip Machine - 245 x 20, 10, 6
Close Grip Pulldowns - 231 x 8, 4, 2
Hoist Row (Partially Supinated Grip) - 225 x 15, 10, 8

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Kind of a lame workout yesterday, just some arms and calves. What made it kind of sucky though was we had to take our dog to the emergency vet after some complications with her TPLO surgery and she wasn't doing well at all, so it was hard to get over my anxiety of the situation and get in a solid workout. Still beat the log book but I honestly couldn't wait to get out of there which is very unlike me.

Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 45 x 8, 5, 4
Hammer Curls - 45 x 10, 6, 4
Seated Calf Raises - 135 x 12 (two sets)

I am sorry to read about your dog. I hope she is doing much better now. Just going over your log now. Looks like you are going to grow great. I am doing the same now and need to start a log myself. I also like test, nand and mast.