©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
A little late to your log. Do you have plans to compete next year?

Right now I'm training for a PL meet in April. After that I'm going to play it by ear a little but I'm wanting to do a BB show in the Summer. My tentative plan is to back off of things for a month after the PL meet and then start a prep. I may not have a month to take off though depending on the show I want to do so I might just start dieting and really come down on the intensity for a bit and then try to ramp up some.

Today I worked on my bench. Didn't get much accessory work in cause I had to work tonight and crunched for time.
So Warmed up with
135x10 for two sets
225x5
275x3
315x3
all paused

My goal had been to try and get a triple with 405 but I WAY overestimated myself. I did 365 for a single and said no way. So I rested a bit and crushed a triple with 365.
Then I did three sets of 3 with 315 and those were pretty easy and moved fast.

Dropped down to 275 and did two sets of 6 on close grip.

My nutrition has been way more on point the last week. Got my protein up and sugar down some. So energy and recovery is good.
I feel like I want to train every damn day.

One of my strength issues I think is that training on a day like today when I work at night, I go to the gym right after I pick my kids up from school, which is right after I get up from sleeping.

See I get home at about 8am and hit the hay almost immeadieately. Usually I have a shake or something to eat first, and then I have to get up at 3. I sleep as long as I can because I can only get 6-7 hours of sleep if I sleep the max time that I can. So what that does is not allow me to have time to eat before the gym on these days. I'm MUCH stronger say on a saturday when I've had a couple meals and go in the afternoon to train.