©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Playing Catch Up

Hey guys playing catch up at the moment. Ran into some snafus in my personal life and dropped the ball with my diet unfortunately. Still was training hard however. My weight had hit a low of 229 and went up as high as 238...

Monday this week I hit chest:
warmed up with some cable x-overs and did 4 sets pyramiding up of 12 reps, up to 70lbs I think.

Hit up the Hammer Strength Wide Press next and pyramided up to 4 plates plus a 35 each side and got 6 reps, dropped weight to 3, and then 2 plates to failure.

Flat DB flys for 10-12 reps with 60, 50 and 40lbs

Neck Presses, god damn these felt heavy today. Did 245 for 6 225 for 7 205 for 8 and 185 for 8

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Tuesday hit up back:
warmed up with three sets of 8 on neutral grip chins.

Then 3 sets of pulldowns with the mag grip WHICH IS AWESOME by the way. I think this is my 3rd workout with it and it has hit my lats in a whole new way. Went up to 220 for 6

3 sets of 2 hand DB rows, lighter than usual so I could concentrate on the stretch and contraction. Started with 60's and ended with 100's for 8.

3 sets of Hammer Strength rows, super setted by doing inverted rows(elbows locked and pull with back only), 2, 3 and 4 plates a side for 10 reps

3 sets of seated cable rows using the mag grip. Started with the stack which is 220 and dropped to 180 and then 140lbs. 8-12 reps

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Arms and delts today:
Cable Pressdowns. Couple warmups of 20 and 15 reps then 130, 160, and 190lbs with 10 reps on bottom and 10 reps on top half of the ROM.

Close Grip Bench Supersetted with seated dip machine.
3 sets of 12 for each one back to back. 135lbs on the bench, 160lbs on the dip machine.

Finished tris with seated overhead DB extensions. 20x15 30x12 and 40x12

warmed up bis with standing cable curls. Left wrist was starting to ache/hurt and could only get up to 100lbs for 12.
Did hammer curls next and they didn't bother my wrist at all. Did 30 40 50 and 60lbs for 12 reps.
finished with 4 sets of concentration curls with 25x12

Delts was short and sweet. 3 sets of 20 on reverse pec dec with 100lbs first set and 80lbs last 2.
standing laterals with 20x15, 25x12, 30x12, 40x10, 40x8

Weight today is back down to 231 and I'm looking decent. Behind for 6.5 weeks but I think I'll be OK. I won't be ready early like I wanted but I should peak in time for the first show. Then it's 8 more weeks of prep for the June outing.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hey Tri no need to explain brutha. And glad to hear you posting again about your training days and info for the questions we all have .Great read for the young and old .thanks

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hey guys! Both training and diet have been going great. Dry weight is down to fucking 224, I'm really humming on all cylinders right now!

Do you guys give a fuck when I post sets/reps and shit? Seems like it may be boring so I haven't been keeping up with that but it's all in my log book so I can update if anyone cares.

One thing I wanted to talk about:
The snatch grip deadlift. FUCKING AMAZING for upper back. Do a conventional deadlift off the floor(or a rack dead if you want) but grip the bar WIDE. At the top contract your upper back by squeezing your shoulder blades together for a couple seconds. And if you want to fry your lower back and build a killer x-mas tree...
DEFICIT DEADS. All you need is one thick 45lb plate... Don't forget to leave your ego at home though...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey guys! Both training and diet have been going great. Dry weight is down to fucking 224, I'm really humming on all cylinders right now!

Do you guys give a fuck when I post sets/reps and shit? Seems like it may be boring so I haven't been keeping up with that but it's all in my log book so I can update if anyone cares.

One thing I wanted to talk about:
The snatch grip deadlift. FUCKING AMAZING for upper back. Do a conventional deadlift off the floor(or a rack dead if you want) but grip the bar WIDE. At the top contract your upper back by squeezing your shoulder blades together for a couple seconds. And if you want to fry your lower back and build a killer x-mas tree...
DEFICIT DEADS. All you need is one thick 45lb plate... Don't forget to leave your ego at home though...

Tri, personally, I like to hear highlights, shot that is getting you psyched up, how you deal with internal and external conflicts, just general life stuff and cool stuff you are finding out with your diet and training.

I think the logs that are just sets and reps day in and day out get boring. I'd rather hear, "Yo, so this smokin' hot chick was watching me squat and I said it turned her on so much she wasn't letting me leave the gym without treating her to special cardio session."

I REALLY like the idea of using a snatch grip. I might incorporate snatch grip rack pulls into this blast.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Great to hear yur doin well. keep it up!

Got any pics. id love to see your progress!!

Good luck

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hell yes I wana know what tri is doing set wise and appreciate those extra training methods and descriptions cause I love new things to do.so dammit Tri can u keep it up..thanks !! Gonna try snatch grip..old sob like me can and will continue to dominate thanks to you guys.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Man, I'm sorry guys. I'm going to try and update this with some workouts from this week tomorrow. Life's been kinda of busy lately.

I was supposed to do this show on April 13... I don't know if I'm going to make it...
I'm losing weight at a respectable clip, and my abs are looking good, I've got veins popping, but when I turn around...

I can't seem to get rid of my lower back fat. This shit is horrible. Maybe it will just be the last to go but I'm starting to get a little nervous. I'm not going to compete unless I feel I will be competitive, and to do that I need to get lean.

I just don't know what else I can do... I'm using t3, clen, just added yohimbine in the hopes that that might free up some of that stubborn fat.
I DONT want to do a ton of cardio because I feel like that will also eat up muscle and impede my recovery. I looked decent but got real stringy last year doing 2 hours of cardio a day.
I don't really want to drop my calories any lower either... I'm 223 yesterday and losing 3-4lbs every 5 days or so...
I'm doing one higher day of 2400 cals, then three lower days of 1700. I think if I go much lower than that my metabolism with say "fuck you".

I don't know it's just frustrating. I'm making progress, and will get where I need to be, but I think it will have to be the June show. Just go all in to fucking own that one.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
That's understood Tri..Hell you been dealing with other issues if I remember correctly so when you aren't feeling it step back adjust and next show will be in for hell when u take it down bro.. No needs for sorry.gotta live to enjoy competeing bro..keep it up dammit!..

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
That's understood Tri..Hell you been dealing with other issues if I remember correctly so when you aren't feeling it step back adjust and next show will be in for hell when u take it down bro.. No needs for sorry.gotta live to enjoy competeing bro..keep it up dammit!..

Thanks buddy, I feel like I'm in a good place, I just may need a little more time.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Man, I'm sorry guys. I'm going to try and update this with some workouts from this week tomorrow. Life's been kinda of busy lately.

I was supposed to do this show on April 13... I don't know if I'm going to make it...
I'm losing weight at a respectable clip, and my abs are looking good, I've got veins popping, but when I turn around...

I can't seem to get rid of my lower back fat. This shit is horrible. Maybe it will just be the last to go but I'm starting to get a little nervous. I'm not going to compete unless I feel I will be competitive, and to do that I need to get lean.

I just don't know what else I can do... I'm using t3, clen, just added yohimbine in the hopes that that might free up some of that stubborn fat.
I DONT want to do a ton of cardio because I feel like that will also eat up muscle and impede my recovery. I looked decent but got real stringy last year doing 2 hours of cardio a day.
I don't really want to drop my calories any lower either... I'm 223 yesterday and losing 3-4lbs every 5 days or so...
I'm doing one higher day of 2400 cals, then three lower days of 1700. I think if I go much lower than that my metabolism with say "fuck you".

I don't know it's just frustrating. I'm making progress, and will get where I need to be, but I think it will have to be the June show. Just go all in to fucking own that one.

Tri, it sounds like all is well but you started the diet a little to late. Next time you will know better.:) Hope your keeping logs.
The lower back, ass and lower back legs are always the last to clean up.
I can hear in your post your a little down. Remember, this is the tuffest part. This seperates the men from the boys every time. If going 4% was easy everyone would be walking around at it.
At this point it should look like baked chichen and green veggies with one refeed a week. Don't forget you can get caffine, green tea pills to eat like Tictacs. You can purchase BroncAid over the counter and it has ephedra. I think 25mgs per tab......and a little pricey.
I feel for ya! Best of luck.

CG

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I was down and feeling shitty last few weeks, don't know why... A lot going on in my personal life and dieting not helping. I've been going along though all the while though. I'm looking pretty good right now honestly...

Will I be 4% in 3 weeks? Fuck no, but I should be 5-6% and with my size and shape I should do OK. Abs are really starting to look good and will be 2mm by the end of next week. Hoping that the last 2 weeks I get my back to come in...

We will see... I'm not gonna have glutes, but if my back and hammies are tight I will be competitive. Then I keep dieting and get my glutes to come in for the June show. Fuck yeah.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Ok guys hit up back and chest last nite. Started with flat bench. Warmed up with 135 for 15 and 225 for 12. Then I started getting heavier.
275 and 315 both for 3 reps.
Tried to get 365 for 3 but only got two.
So not too terrible considering I'm down over 20lbs since I hit 405. Plus I've been sick for a week and have only trained twice...

Next hit up some dead lifts. Warmed up with 135 and 225 for a few. Then 315 for 3 and 365 for 2. Had to set it down after I broke it off the floor. My form sucks and I basically have to re learn how to do this lift. I'm not pressing through my heels enough and thus the bar is tracking out too far and I'm wasting a lot of strength and energy muscling it back in. I have to activate my hips sooner too.

So I backed down to 275 and worked on speed off the ground and pushing through my heels. Was feeling pretty good by the second set. Did 4 sets of 4.
I should be able to pull a half way decent number once I get the mechanics down pat.

Then in did some super sets of hammer strength wide chest and high lats. 15 12 10 8 reps with 1, 2 and 3 plates per side for the last 2.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
How are you feeling tri? Any better over the last few days?

Like death warmed over...
Finally went to urgent care today. I have a sinus infection AND bronchitis.
No wonder I was out of breath trying to train arms last night...

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Couple pics from today. Weight is up to 222... Been living on mostly carbs all week just cause I've been eating what doesn't make me feel worse lol.

I should be in good shape once I kick this illness. I'm only pinching 5mm on the thickest part of my abs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365288666144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365288666144.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365288688249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365288688249.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 21

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Like death warmed over...
Finally went to urgent care today. I have a sinus infection AND bronchitis.
No wonder I was out of breath trying to train arms last night...

FUUUUCK! Damn, you need to take care of yourself. Rest up, do some cardio to keep the body fat down and lay off the training a little.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah brother, I can't believe I was trying near max out on bench and deads feeling like this!