©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Feeling much better today. I think the antibiotics have started to kick this stuffs ass. I feel like a turd from all the laying around and what not. I may go to the gym tonight for some chest/back and do some medium weights for some volume. Get a pump and a burn and head home.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Back at it

Bumping this log back up and getting it going again. Training has been going well last 4-6 weeks and has been pretty instinctual and I've been toying with some new things, and things I have not done in a while.

Toying with(I'm almost 100% at this point) of doing a BB show in mid April. So I'm pseudo dieting at the moment. Nothing too hard or serious, I'm not even counting calories, just keeping carbs low during the week and focusing on protein and fat. Cheating all weekend. Been losing a lb to 2lbs a week like this. I see myself being in the 220's come december. And then I may do something dumb before I start my prep but we will see what I look like come that time... But I'm thinking about running Farrahs insulin protocol, which is only 2 days a week but you pound slin and carbs those days. Need a GH sponsor to really make it work...

Came up with a new routine at least leading up to prep time. I may increase my training frequency come prep but probably not.
I'm going to train 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. So something like Sun. Mon. off tue, Wed. Thur. off Fri. and Sat.
I want to focus on two things: bringing my legs back up, and my back so I'm training them twice a week. SO the 4 training day breakdown is something like this:
1) Chest and back width
2) Legs
3) Arms
4) Back thickness and legs.

I want to do some powerlifting next year also so I'll be doing some heavy bench and dead work early in the session and then some more BB style stuff to end it.

So chest day I'm going to work Flat bench and floor presses, then decline bench, incline flys, maybe some weighted dips

First leg day is going to be more volume than the second one. Going to hit up leg press, hack squats, lying and seated leg curl, SLDL, Calves.

Arms is going to be all supersets between bi's and tris:
Hammer Curl/rope pressdowns
Incline DB Curls/overhead tricep ext
Hammer strength preacher curls/dips

Back day is focused on deadlifting with some quads and hammies in afterward.
Deadlifts, speed deads, deficit deads and/or snatch grip deads.
DB rows, wide grip seated cable rows
hack squats or squat machine, lying leg curls.

I'll be doing quite a few bench sets and deadlift sets but low reps, working on speed and strength. All of the bodybuilding exercises will be 3 sets, starting heavy and working down in weight, all to failure.

I'm going to try and get at least a couple good vids per week and update with some progress pics too.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Worked some arms yesterday and feeling out the new training program...
I started with hammer curls super setted with over head rope extensions( where you lean forward). 3 sets each to failure 75/170, 65/150 and 50/130.
Then I moved on to incline DB curls super set with over head DB extension.
50/85, 40/75, 30/65.
I was running a little short on time so I tried out something a little different.
If you saw LATS most recent thread on PM you know where this comes from...
I put 50lbs on the hammer strength preacher curl. I did sets of 5 with 30 sec rest until I failed at 5. Just happened to be 5 sets and it was pretty good. Big pump, and definitely hit failure.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Did a little squatting last night for first time since May. Worked triples up to 275 and they felt damn good.

Did some strongman training today. Light easy yoke walks with 325. Frame deadlift of 405. A few reps with stones of 200 and 220, and flipped a 400lb tire for a few reps.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Today was off. Worked on my deadlift last night and some assistance work. Warmed up and then worked up to a max triple of 365. All pulls were on a out 1.5 inch deficit, as I was standing on a 45lb plate.

Then I did some barbell rows. 135lbs, sets of 5 with little rest. Same thing with wide cable rows and lying and seated leg curls. Next week I think I need to add some compensatory acceleration sets to the mix. Those will be lighter and off the floor.

Depending how I feel in the AM after work I may go do some standing overhead work and some cardio or KB swings...

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
So Psych was good enough to give me a great PL routine yesterday. I was looking at it going, hmm this looks tough but I should be able to knock it out.
LMFAO, hahahahahaha this shit is brutal!

So I was supposed to do "light" squats and "heavy" deads today plus assistance work.
I managed to eke out the squats... 165 for 5 sets of 10. Now keep in mind that this is the SECOND time I've squatted since my injury so not a lot of weight yet. I'm basing my numbers on a one rep max of about 290 since I did a triple with 275 last week.
Was my left leg a problem? Yeah a little bit but not bad and no pain. The problem was that my lower back is NOT used to that kind of work and volume anymore. By the end of the fifth set my low back was history, AND I had deads to do next lol.

So I was supposed to do 3 sets of 10 with 275. I cranked out the first set and almost passed out... I haven't done a 10 rep set on DL in I don't know how long. Rested a couple minutes and got 4 reps on my second set. Maybe could have got 5 but it would have been to failure and I didn't want to do that. So I skipped the third set, and didn't do ANY assistance work because I was toast and I had run out of time to get home and get ready for work.

So from here on out I'm going to alot a little more time so I can get all the work done and maybe phase the assistance work in a little at a time if the main movements are wearing me out. I'm also addressing my nutrition. I need way more calories. A little more protein and a lot more carbos. Plus better peri-workout nutrition. Probably going to go with some of that cyclic dextrin stuff with eaa's.

Last edited:

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Lookin good bro, that program ain't nothin to fuck with LOL! It's like a Chevy, you can add to it.

Just remember that it doesn't matter if it's only the bar, you are still squatting! Not alot of people can say that shit. Let them have their hack squats, leg presses, and dumb bell lunges.

The extra parts are to build/condition/and flush the muscle. It will make more sense next week. Trust me after your heavy squat day the light day will feel good with all that volume to flush the muscle. When you get half way through this first block of 10's your conditioning will be up. You're gonna need that shit for the 5's :sFun_mischieviousbi:s

A REAL powerlifting workout ain't a quick wham bam. Bring food and eat half way. Shakes are good, whoppers w/ cheese re better...

Keep it up bro!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Squats and deads together.... no fucking way! My lower back would be smoked!

What is your peri-workout protocol looking like now?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Psych. Just found an old txt ? on my phone . I'll be in am's after to day at the gym ....... Thx T.....

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
OK, so I've been MIA for a while. Lot of personal shit going on and I just stayed off the boards... It's all good though now and I've been training right along. Bad news is Psych man, that program is no joke. I did it for a week and tapped out man... I had my boy run it too and he tapped out also... That is just a fuck load more volume than I'm used to, especially at the weights required. I'd like to give it a go again next year if I'm in better shape. I actually think it would work well to prep for a BB competition! But instead use like 70% of your max for the formula.

I've been using some Ed Coan routines I found online. The squat was hard to find but I think I found one that is legit. All three(squat, bench and dead) will be run for 2 10 week cycles and land me right at my meet in April.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
OK, so I've been MIA for a while. Lot of personal shit going on and I just stayed off the boards... It's all good though now and I've been training right along. Bad news is Psych man, that program is no joke. I did it for a week and tapped out man... I had my boy run it too and he tapped out also... That is just a fuck load more volume than I'm used to, especially at the weights required. I'd like to give it a go again next year if I'm in better shape. I actually think it would work well to prep for a BB competition! But instead use like 70% of your max for the formula.

I've been using some Ed Coan routines I found online. The squat was hard to find but I think I found one that is legit. All three(squat, bench and dead) will be run for 2 10 week cycles and land me right at my meet in April.

No shame in that bro, not at all. It really builds the CNS. But I always required TONS of volume, not for everyone. Least now you know what works for you so it's a win in the big picture :)

Go buy Ed's book on his website. That shit is money right there.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
So 3rd week of deads right now. Went today and worked up to my work set of 385 for 2 reps. Then speed sets with 320. Six sets of 3. It all felt pretty damn good.