©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bad injection

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Doc gave me a script for Bactrim 800mg twice a day for 10 days...

Last edited:

parabellum

Mar 2, 2014
July 19 2013, 6 weeks out of work, nerve damage and never have normal quads again. Guys be careful.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
That sucks ! Glad you are getting it treated and hopefully it will clear it up.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for the concerns guys. My doctor said it would have probably gotten a lot worse left untreated. I believe he gave me a pretty stiff dose of antibiotics (1600 mg a day).

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Staph infections happen too. Shit gets in your blood or is the flesh eating type your fucked. Im always paranoid about that shit. I keep bactrim, amox, and peni on hand always. Hope you get better quick bro.follow the direction about taking them on time, make sure you kill that shit lol.
Too bad you didnt get a shot of peni in the glute, first time ever left me sore for a while, that shit is thick.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
yep...or if not a bandaid, smear some tripleA on there, both would be better....I know a lot of people including myself that has got a mrsa boil from just scratching their leg/ass, through clothing! I just clean up my diet..infection loves processed sugar...normally just a couple days of cleeeeeen livin and my shit clears up....it's only when I'm on the candy, alcohol, and bread diet that my skin goes to shit...gotta keep that immune system up and you could inject thru a turd on your skin and be fine haha

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Staph infections happen too. Shit gets in your blood or is the flesh eating type your fucked. Im always paranoid about that shit. I keep bactrim, amox, and peni on hand always. Hope you get better quick bro.follow the direction about taking them on time, make sure you kill that shit lol.
Too bad you didnt get a shot of peni in the glute, first time ever left me sore for a while, that shit is thick.

Actually, I tried injecting penicillin last night. Stuck a 18 ga needle in my ass but the stuff wouldn't flow through it. I needed a 14 ga but didn't have one. It was vet grade penicillin. That's when I decided to go see the doc. The price of beauty. Lol

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
14 guage holy fucking shit thats a harpoon makes me cringe just 5hinkin bout it....glad you went to the doc brother that could have gotten alot worsed....this threads got me paranoid never had a bad shot knock on wood but I think I need to stockpile some antibiotics just in case....do farm supply places sell vet grade pennicilin? Never looked for it before so not sure where to source it.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
14 guage holy fucking shit thats a harpoon makes me cringe just 5hinkin bout it....glad you went to the doc brother that could have gotten alot worsed....this threads got me paranoid never had a bad shot knock on wood but I think I need to stockpile some antibiotics just in case....do farm supply places sell vet grade pennicilin? Never looked for it before so not sure where to source it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399502802.534339.jpg
They do sell it. This was $7.99 at tractor supply. But you may have to use a 14 or 16 ga needle. An 18 didn't work. I'm gonna look around and get a couple dozen Bactrim for a rainy day. But even a 16 ga needle is better than a raging infection.
I'm stopping my cycle and gonna trt for a while. This kinda killed it for me.
The doctor was cool about it. He said he'd seen a lot worse from bad injections, checked out my leg, and said "yep, you need antibiotics". No other questions or preaching.

Last edited:

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
You sir are a trooper 18g!!!
i'm going through the same thing right now. Went to the ER after I saw the swelling go down my leg. Got heavy doses of antibiotics they seem to be working swelling down. Getting an MRI and blood work as a precuasunary. Problem is this shit can come back again so you wanna make sure its gone for good.
Good Luck man this shit sucks!

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Hell yeah when the nurse pulled out the antibiotic powder mixed it with b.w. and said im going to pinch your ass hard as hell so you don't know which is which because it's a big needle and this is the thickest serum there is, its going to leave you sore. I didn't think it was going to be bad but damn, I could barely drive home sitting side ways.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
View attachment 14811
They do sell it. This was $7.99 at tractor supply. But you may have to use a 14 or 16 ga needle. An 18 didn't work. I'm gonna look around and get a couple dozen Bactrim for a rainy day. But even a 16 ga needle is better than a raging infection.
I'm stopping my cycle and gonna trt for a while. This kinda killed it for me.
The doctor was cool about it. He said he'd seen a lot worse from bad injections, checked out my leg, and said "yep, you need antibiotics". No other questions or preaching.

Awesome gonna go pick up a few bottles tommorow thanks brother

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
god damn this thread's been an eye opener. I always just sort of thought that infections from injections were the sort of thing that COULD happen to you but never really did...

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Chris watch the bactrim ds for sides. I just came off a 7 day run on a leg surgury and they made me joint ache, stomach ache and ruined me ..I quit after day 6. Same dose as u..

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
You sir are a trooper 18g!!!
i'm going through the same thing right now. Went to the ER after I saw the swelling go down my leg. Got heavy doses of antibiotics they seem to be working swelling down. Getting an MRI and blood work as a precuasunary. Problem is this shit can come back again so you wanna make sure its gone for good.
Good Luck man this shit sucks!

Funny thing about it is my wife is a nursing student. She refused to jab the 18, so I did it myself. She needs to toughen up. Lol. She had to take a bath towel to mop up all the fluid that came out when I pulled the syringe out of the abscess. Good nursing training. She's married to a dude that grew up on a hog farm, I'm experienced in stuff like this. Haha. It was a bit too much for her.

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Chris watch the bactrim ds for sides. I just came off a 7 day run on a leg surgury and they made me joint ache, stomach ache and ruined me ..I quit after day 6. Same dose as u..

Thanks IB. I'll keep an eye out. It's a relief to just be on the Bactrim. Now I know it won't be getting worse.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
what do you think happened Chris? Bad gear, or did you get a little lazy with your swabbing or whatever?

I know you probably can't know for sure, just wondering what you think