©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bad injection

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I rarely swab the injection site always dab the top of the bottle but thats it never had an infection knock on wood

Funny thing is I wipe the plunger down, my leg, anything I think needs sterilizing. Guess it's a chance infection will find it's way in any time you do any injection

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
I swab the vial, my arse cheek, pin, then swab my arse again for good measure! I go through a zillion swabs every pin.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Funny thing is I wipe the plunger down, my leg, anything I think needs sterilizing. Guess it's a chance infection will find it's way in any time you do any injection

What are you referring to as plunger? Are you taking the plunger out of the syringe and wiping it? If so, that's a no no. Just like swabbing the needle itself. Basically swab rubber stopper on vial and site area.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
What are you referring to as plunger? Are you taking the plunger out of the syringe and wiping it? If so, that's a no no. Just like swabbing the needle itself. Basically swab rubber stopper on vial and site area.

Good catch. I'm a dumbass sometimes. I meant the stopper on the vial. Haha. I never disassemble the syringe. Haha.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Realistically, nothing. If you look at the stratum corneum microscopicly, it looks like layers of shingles piled up. Bacteria can be found in most layers, but antiseptics have poor penetration.

My belief is that smaller gauge needles push less cellular material into the deeper tissues while larger bores (often longer also) are able to push more. This may explain why diabetics rarely get infections from injecting. Obviously contaminated gear is the other likely source.

a chlorahexadine gluconate scrub and iodine will get you pretty freakin aseptic, it's good enough for surgery and placing central lines....

you also just want to wipe the area and not swab...swabbing just smears the bacteria around in the same place, a wipe actually sweeps the bacteria away from the site...or at least that's what my microbiology professor told me

diabetics don't get infections because they have un-compromised immune system...unlike most aas users lol

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
My belief is that smaller gauge needles push less cellular material into the deeper tissues while larger bores (often longer also) are able to push more. This may explain why diabetics rarely get infections from injecting. Obviously contaminated gear is the other likely source.

This makes sense but I know for a fact that one of our members here that has had a bad infection uses slin pins.

Now maybe his issue was the gear.

micro2000

Jun 15, 2013
a chlorahexadine gluconate scrub and iodine will get you pretty freakin aseptic, it's good enough for surgery and placing central lines....

you also just want to wipe the area and not swab...swabbing just smears the bacteria around in the same place, a wipe actually sweeps the bacteria away from the site...or at least that's what my microbiology professor told me

diabetics don't get infections because they have un-compromised immune system...unlike most aas users lol

I qualified my post by saying "realistically". There are disinfectants that will produce a relatively aseptic site but for the everyday injection, they have little value. For disinfection, contact time is critical. The longer the better. Which is why an alcohol wipe does such a minimal job.

And a symptom of diabetes is a compromised immune system.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Drop the suspension chris. Its like a lottery , u can get a good pin and a bad pin looks like u need a lottery ticket cause u won a bad one. Doxicyelin should be kept on hand .. you guys need to keep some on hand of the kind you are not allergic too.
fish antibiotics. Anyone working in a dirty environment should bandaid up a quad shot cause shit goes through clothing.. I thought as u get older u get smarter? :)

Another rip off huh- LoL

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
this thread's given me the fear. I had one of those injections where you hit a blood vessel or something and it leaves a bruise and hurts a bit after.

Been checking my asscheek pretty much non stop for the last 2 days thinking it's going to erupt into some horrendous absess...

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
this thread's given me the fear. I had one of those injections where you hit a blood vessel or something and it leaves a bruise and hurts a bit after.

Been checking my asscheek pretty much non stop for the last 2 days thinking it's going to erupt into some horrendous absess...

Don't let it scare you. Just educate yourself for signs to look for. And FYI don't know if I mentioned it as well mine was caused by some stanzonol and I believe the author's was caused by test suspension. Both water based. Just use proper sterilization protocol and you should be fine. Look at Valentino his dumb ass injected after dropping the syringe in a dirty gym bathroom floor from what I can remember.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012

Yeah man, I wouldn't get paranoid. Just follow good protocol and you will be fine. I've never had any problem with any oils.

As a matter of fact, I just received a couple dozen Bayer- Schering test depot amps. I shot the first one tonight and am gonna trt with them for a good 6 months, one 250mg amp per week. I will say they are the toughest amps I've ever seen. Almost impossible to score and open. It will ease my mind that I'm using human grade test, until I get ready for another cycle. Pic of a few of these nearly impossible to open amps below
ahu3yry9.jpg

Last edited:

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I qualified my post by saying "realistically". There are disinfectants that will produce a relatively aseptic site but for the everyday injection, they have little value. For disinfection, contact time is critical. The longer the better. Which is why an alcohol wipe does such a minimal job.

And a symptom of diabetes is a compromised immune system.

untreated, uncontrolled, or non compliant diabetics maybe...but not ones managing their disease process responsibly...for type 2 at least...type1 I don't know much about but being genetic problem since fetal development I could see potential issues....if you could explain the physiologic process that compromises a type2 diabetics immune system I would love to read it....not to mention the word "compromised" is a very relative term

wasn't tryin to bust ur balls or anything, you gave really good info about alcohol and contact time....I was really surprised in school when I learned 100% alcohol wasn't effective and you need some h20 in there...interesting

Last edited:

micro2000

Jun 15, 2013
untreated, uncontrolled, or non compliant diabetics maybe...but not ones managing their disease process responsibly...for type 2 at least...type1 I don't know much about but being genetic problem since fetal development I could see potential issues....if you could explain the physiologic process that compromises a type2 diabetics immune system I would love to read it....not to mention the word "compromised" is a very relative term

wasn't tryin to bust ur balls or anything, you gave really good info about alcohol and contact time....I was really surprised in school when I learned 100% alcohol wasn't effective and you need some h20 in there...interesting

True, I was considering poorly controlled diabetes as opposed to well controlled.

A civil duscussion isnt busting my balls ;)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10575137/

micro2000

Jun 15, 2013
this is all very mind blowing. So do you think swabbing the skin pre-injection is unnecessary?

I wish I could find the technical report I read a few years back, but it was from one of the major syringe manufacturerers and they stated that there was little evidence to show a significant benefit to using an alcohol wipe prior to injection.

Regardless, I can't see any harm in disinfecting first.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
it's like a chick telling you she is on birth control...going inside her is not swabbing and pulling out is swabbing...I pull out myself haha

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Guys, micro2000 is one of the smartest guys i've had the chance to learn from over the many years, he is the real deal. He doesn't post much these days, so it is awesome to see him here. It's a damn treat for the board...i'll probably scare him away now though...lol:D

Good seeing ya micro:)