©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Concreteguy Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg091593

Donating Member
Jun 16, 2015
If I gained 8oz in a year I'd be pissed lol. But I see your point. That's why I'll be in my twenties for about 30 more years.

thethinker

Donating Member
May 24, 2013
This is a really good discussion. I'll just share my thoughts.

You will only grow muscle at a certain rate, and MORE of anything isn't necessarily better. Now some guys will gain faster than others and stay leaner than others. These guys have to pound calories left and right with a furnace like metabolism.

Some guys should NEVER take the guns blazing approach to food.

Genetics will determine your body's ability to assimilate and utilize food as well. Part of the reason why concreter over at pro muscle can fucking drink a gallon of milk a day, and I'll end up looking like the Michelin man on toilet if I did that.

All of this like Tenny explained in a balance. Enough hormones, enough calories, enough stimulus from training and enough recovery from training. The guys that aren't genetically gifted with impressive physiques will be masters at balancing this pendulum. This more is everything approach will not work for a vast majority of people. They'll back up their digestion eating food their bodies can't utilize and wonder why they aren't growing. Because you AREN'T absorbing half the shit you shove in your mouth.

I'm not disagreeing with concrete guys original point that you do need calories for growth, how much is where you gotta have the experience and the knowledge to add the right amount.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
i like threads like these. you have some guys going with eating when hungry and others going with eating by time. A good discussion!

dnab87

Donating Member
Mar 28, 2015
What about running synthetine with your insulin pre/post? Low does dnp to minimze fat gain? GDA's?

Did you ever have digestion issues eating that much food? If so how did you overcome it?

heavy hitter

Mar 18, 2006
My appetite sucks. And I have constant stomach issues from ibs. If I only ate when hungry I'd be 200 pounds. I ate my way up to 264 at my heaviest with lots of slin and a decent amount of gear and bone crushingly heavy weights

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
My appetite sucks. And I have constant stomach issues from ibs. If I only ate when hungry I'd be 200 pounds. I ate my way up to 264 at my heaviest with lots of slin and a decent amount of gear and bone crushingly heavy weights

but maybe you would a 200lb classic physique pro...

:lightbulb:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
but maybe you would a 200lb classic physique pro...

:lightbulb:

:sSig_iagree: This is something I have thought about with regards to the competition side of bodybuilding.

Everyone is always striving to be the mass monsters that we grew up to watching WWF.

How many guys would have fared better within the competition world of the sport if they had taken/eaten (drugs/food) the amounts they actually needed to achieve the best body for their chemistry?

thethinker

Donating Member
May 24, 2013
:sSig_iagree: This is something I have thought about with regards to the competition side of bodybuilding.

Everyone is always striving to be the mass monsters that we grew up to watching WWF.

How many guys would have fared better within the competition world of the sport if they had taken/eaten (drugs/food) the amounts they actually needed to achieve the best body for their chemistry?
I think it depends on what "good" is. Branch Warren looked amazing when he was younger and lighter yet did really when heavier, blockier and freakier. According to his "symmetry", he should've stopped the pursuit of size after winning the nationals, but if he did that we wouldn't know who branch Warren is today.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

bg091593

Donating Member
Jun 16, 2015
What about running synthetine with your insulin pre/post? Low does dnp to minimze fat gain? GDA's?

Did you ever have digestion issues eating that much food? If so how did you overcome it?

I can't take metformin, however I can tolerate DNP quite well. I'm going to use it between insulin runs, low dose for a week or two just to sensitize again, I've never tried it but in theory it should work. I would be willing to be CG knows a few tricks about DNP....

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I can't take metformin, however I can tolerate DNP quite well. I'm going to use it between insulin runs, low dose for a week or two just to sensitize again, I've never tried it but in theory it should work. I would be willing to be CG knows a few tricks about DNP....

Using DNP to increase insulin sensitivity isn't something I remember ever having read about before. Can you explain the mechanism behind how this works? From what I know about DNP, which isn't a whole lot, it would seem to have a completely separate metabolic pathway from insulin. You've really got me curious now.

bg091593

Donating Member
Jun 16, 2015
Using DNP to increase insulin sensitivity isn't something I remember ever having read about before. Can you explain the mechanism behind how this works? From what I know about DNP, which isn't a whole lot, it would seem to have a completely separate metabolic pathway from insulin. You've really got me curious now.

Oh crap. Calling me out on the spot lol. Let me do some digging....

I know when ON DNP, it actually raises your BG levels.

Marvin Martian

Jan 13, 2013
Insulin always scared me because I am not one of those guys that can just eat anything and always stay lean. Obviously everyone can get fat - but it just seems like the guys who talk about eating a shit ton are dudes that have a fast metabolism.

I am curious though. Am I wrong? Is there a way for ANYONE to utilize insulin without gaining insane amounts of fat?

muj

Jul 3, 2017
Insulin always scared me because I am not one of those guys that can just eat anything and always stay lean. Obviously everyone can get fat - but it just seems like the guys who talk about eating a shit ton are dudes that have a fast metabolism.

I am curious though. Am I wrong? Is there a way for ANYONE to utilize insulin without gaining insane amounts of fat?

Don't get why so many people freak out about insulin putting on a ton of fat (not having a go, I just see so many people terrified of it). It doesn't just magically turn everything you eat into fat. It will actually allow you to eat more calories, more efficiently since it will shuttle more of what you eat effectively into muscle.

Adjust your insulin dose to the amount of carbs/calories you REQUIRE and you won't get fat. The problem starts when people try to use too much insulin for their bodies and in turn eat too many carbs. Simple way to look at it, if your diet is making you put on too much fat on insulin than you'll most likely still put on just much if not more without it. It's not the insulin, it's the diet

bg091593

Donating Member
Jun 16, 2015

Start lean. I used slin at a higher bf and it didn't do shit but make things worse. I've used it after a long dieting phase. Look much better, inflated almost, pumped all day long.

Just have to ride the fine line of too much food and not enough haha

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
yes.....this takes MANY years to master....and most of the time
still never get it...

other factors though like a boat load of anabolics, will mask
these down sides with slin...bodyfat...ect...

that's why everyone just "throws more AAS at the problem"

try and try and try again.....you don't get good with something
without failing a SHIT LOAD of times.

:cool:

Running slin is like 5x the amount of gear. You don't need to boat load gear to cover the offset of fat gain. Go to Ritaid and pick up caffeine tabs and start taking them as needed. I know when there giving me dry mouth it's working. I truly believe that's all the ugl HGH is doing anyway. Phama is a different story. But who the hell can offord it????

CG

BTW: I' not saying you cant build muscle without slin. Slin wasn't even the point of my post. I just mentioned it to be completely open about how I got my gains. But I will stand behind saying, "there is no more efficient way to gain muscle if done aggressively and properly."

CG

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
^^^^ finally someone that gets it.

I will stick with eat when hungry, if you are anabolic you will be hungry, if you are anabolic you will GROW. Stuffing food will just make you fat and think your getting big, getting fatter will put you in a hormonap environment not conductive to muscle building. All you guys probably eat more than john meadows in the offseason but ask your self why none of you carry anywhere near the muscle he does?

Look Brad, how about you post up some pics of when you were 15 years old? I saw them and guess what dude? Because of your genetics you can eat like a jackass and still put on muscle with gear. The rest of the world needs food to make muscle and just eating when your hungry is joke.

FEED THE DRUGS AND YOU GROW!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Topics like this are great when you have varying points of view...I just posted this as a question for the Big A interview...Would like to know what his stance is on whether to eat when hungry or eat mass to build mass.

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
Look Brad, how about you post up some pics of when you were 15 years old? I saw them and guess what dude? Because of your genetics you can eat like a jackass and still put on muscle with gear. The rest of the world needs food to make muscle and just eating when your hungry is joke.

FEED THE DRUGS AND YOU GROW!
Lol the only old pick you seen of me I was in my early 20's and just got out of the military and use to run 3 miles daily and lift weights, I wad shredded and I had a great deal of muscle cause I had been lifting weights non stop since I was 13 yrs old. People are always quick to throw out the genetics comment and it makes me laugh my ass off, if I showed everyone a pick of me when I was about 10 years old and showed pics of both my parents I guarantee no one would ever let the word genetics fly out of their mouth when talking about me, both my parents are short and fat and I use to have to buy husky size jeans when I was 10yrs old cause I was short and fat just like my parents, at 13 yrs old I decided I wanted to play football and be a running back (I was very fast for how short and thick I was) and my coach told me I needed to muscle up and loose some chub and then I became a possessed kid as I truly wanted to be a running back so I begged my mother to buy me some weights and a bench and the rest is history. I look the way I do because I have been forged by iron since age 13 genetics have zero to do with it as that actually was working against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.