©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk's Superdrol Log

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
12/30
WT:258

Well I upped the superdrol to 32mg PRW and experienced back pumps for the first time. They were not unbearable but not fun when doing squats. Looks like I will be dropping back to to 25mg.

Another thing happened as well in that today's Sheiko was a bit less deadly then friday or last week for that matter. Another thing that improved a smidge was my rotator flexibility. My right elbow, wrist and rotator socket have been killing me from holding the bar lower on my back during squats. My lower back has received more work too, but my right arm was just killing me after the session. Today however it was bearable and effected my bench less.

Now I have also dropped out the second series of squats for Mondays session as well as Friday. I simply could not handle the work load, so I am doing 20 sets of squats each week vs 30...That being said I recommend anyone interested to start with #39 it is lower volume but should still be effective to those who are old or not prepared for all the volume.

So essentially my week looks like this:
Monday
Squat 50%x4,60x4,70x3x3,80x3x4
Bench as above
Split squat 5x5-8
Rev crunch 5x

Tuesday:
Deadlift (deficit)
Bench
Rows x5
Inc Bench x5

Thursday:
Bench
DL
Hypers x5
Chins x5

Friday:
Squat
Bench
Dips x5
Side laterals x5

Hawk

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Nice work hawk. Looks like you are learning a hell of alot about your yourself. Love the way you have been receptive and making changes as you seem fit. Very interesting log. Thanks for sharing!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1/5
Wt: 259

So, the journey to strength continues. On the upside Sheiko training and the cycle combo are about as effective a combo as I have ever tried. And although the sessions are brutal and the accumulated fatigue haunt me, my physique is becoming one big lump of muscle.

So, the upside is that my conditioning has improved and I am attempting to perform the entire routine this week. The down side is that my subscapularis (internal rotator) is getting creamed from lowering the bar on my back from squats. This is resonating pain down my my shoulder into my elbow. In turn I am constant pain (in comes advil) during my squat/bench sessions.

Also, I just learned that I own the state record for masters 41-44. Not much but it's something. Meet is still 8+ weeks off so I am hoping for the national record (pretty low) of 1543...I hit 1458 with only one squat attempt and left 60+ on the bar so it's within reach.

Hawk

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Great work bro. What about switching bars for awhile. Safety bar might ease the rotators. How bout kickin band work for warm ups or twice a day keep them loose. IB send video!! Asap what bout pysch he have sny input? On shoulder maybe sone more rear delt work an traps like high pulls or that shoulder press against csge with partials for traps m dog got video on that lift. Just a thought. Thinking maybe unbalance in shoulder girdle from deads bench addind more rear work plus keepun em loose might fix prob???

Last edited:

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Great work bro. What about switching bars for awhile. Safety bar might ease the rotators. How bout kickin band work for warm ups or twice a day keep them loose. IB send video!! Asap what bout pysch he have sny input? On shoulder maybe sone more rear delt work an traps like high pulls or that shoulder press against csge with partials for traps m dog got video on that lift. Just a thought. Thinking maybe unbalance in shoulder girdle from deads bench addind more rear work plus keepun em loose might fix prob???

You have some solid ideas bud and I may be forced to change something as my shoulder is freaking shot..not torn, but in pain from being forced to stretch. Unfortunately the concept of sheiko is to do your 3 lifts over and over just as you would on meet day in order to become efficient.

It has improved but I am taking 5 advil just to take off the edge. For better or worse I am going to be forced to cut back for the next few weeks as I scored a prevailing wage job working 10-12hr days leaving just weekends for the next couple weeks. The rest may be what I need if I continue to stretch.

Hawk

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Boys of Diesel have good vid Hawk . You know im a strong believer in always working rotators brutha. Nice log ..

DieselCrew.com - Shoulder Rehab Protocol - YouTube

J.Lizzle

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Bicipital impingement exercise might be worth looking into also using a broom and going wide raising from abdomen trying to touch the small.in your lower back

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Excellent vid ib..thanks. I have been doing variations of things mentioned, but the reality is that while I am making good progress Rome wasn't built in a day and years of immobility has left it's mark.

My problem is humerus rotation. It is difficult for me to turn my palms away from my body and that transfers up the arm limiting my ability to bring my arms back and grab the bar.

Hawk

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
My problem is humerus rotation. It is difficult for me to turn my palms away from my body and that transfers up the arm limiting my ability to bring my arms back and grab the bar .

Im very similar with that issue and it buggs the crap out a me but mines due to rotator ortho repair. Its not easy being us brutha..
:)

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1/12
Wt:258

So, its been a hectic past week here and will be next as well. But, I landed a prevailing wage job and could not turn it down. I didn't like the prospect of missing the gym for 10 days, but decided it may be just what the doctor ordered since my shoulder still hurts and I am not recovering from sheiko's volume. So, here is my attack plan:

1. Come off the juice for the week in order to prime for the next run (been 8 weeks or so).
2. Train on weekends: I just hit this weekend and was feeling better with 3 days off. I was stronger but not 100% at all. So sheiko is working well but should have gone in 100% as well as worked up to the volume.
3. Roll and stretch every night.

This may be good for me actually.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1/15

WT: 255

Ok, so still on an off of everything week but feeling better even if tired. Today it did not hurt nearly as much to squat down and I feel little if any pain in my shoulder/arm.

I continue to stretch and do some band work for it in the AM and PM, but at night I roll out all the tight spots which means my entire back(particularly the middle) IT band and hips. I also do stretches to loosen my front hip flexors in an effort to cure anterior pelvic tilt.

Next week it will be back "on" including sheiko.

One last note, been losing weight working at this pace which is good as it keeps me closer to 242.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1/21
WT: 252

What a difference a week can make! I stayed true to my stetching regimen during my previous week off and did not know what to expect when I got under the squat bar again. Well, I am pleased to say my shoulder greatly improved and the strain was minimal. I still feel a tug in my wrist and elbow, but no surging pain...wooooooooooo!

I also missed a week of sheiko and felt 90-95% and wow my lifts felt so much better. I was able to drive up my squats and bench. Not to mention I maintained my conditioning so I am completing the sessions faster.

Two big things clicked as well last night as well. I figured out how to take more advantage of my squat rebound by sitting back a bit and getting just a bit lower. I also was working on placement of the bar at the bottom of the bench. I was getting it easily on the second and following reps. But the first rep the one that counts I was struggling with. Last night I adjusted my elbows out a bit and nailed my groove on the first reps. I do not believe working with maximal weights would have permitted these things. Things which I believe will add to my total very shortly.

Regarding my weight, last weeks work situation combined with a stomach bug last night have driven down my weight. I am hoping to eat something for the first time in 16hrs here in a little bit.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1/29
WT:255

Ok, so back in the swing of it. Back on the superdrol PRW, but added 25mg tbol in the AM and upped my PRW HGH to 6iu's. I am still struggling a bit with my shoulder flexibility. It is tender but not a constant paint post squat. I am hopeful that that the issue will be resolved by the meet. On the flip side my bench form is still improving. It's amazing how many tweaks I have found over the past few weeks.

Now, onto training. Sheiko is still kicking my ass and that is without finishing the workouts in their entirety. Conditioning wise I manage to get through them fine now. However, I am sore every time I go into the gym and while I am getting stronger. Yet, a weight that is 80% feels like 90% and I just don't recover between workouts. I am not overtrained just sore and a bit weak. So, I have decided to stop wondering about it and feeling bad because of it. Instead I am going to continue to modify sheiko to fit me and hopefully reap the benefits.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/1
Wt:255

Ok, so I am going to deload for two weeks which may be horrible timing just 6 weeks out, but I could barely squat 315x3 on Friday. I think that I should rebound fairly nicely...or so I hope. I can still tweak my technique and I believe my body will thank me for it.

I am also going to cut a few lbs in order to avoid cutting a crap ton of water. I will attempt to get down to 246-247 and make the final water cut easy.

The USPF masters raw (no knee wraps) record is a low 1543, giving me a good shot if I can hit a 570 squat (tough, but doable), 410 bench (doable), 585 dead (doable). That totals 1565 giving me some room, but then again someone else my be there going for the record in March as well.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
2/1
Wt:255

Ok, so I am going to deload for two weeks which may be horrible timing just 6 weeks out, but I could barely squat 315x3 on Friday. I think that I should rebound fairly nicely...or so I hope. I can still tweak my technique and I believe my body will thank me for it.

I am also going to cut a few lbs in order to avoid cutting a crap ton of water. I will attempt to get down to 246-247 and make the final water cut easy.

The USPF masters raw (no knee wraps) record is a low 1543, giving me a good shot if I can hit a 570 squat (tough, but doable), 410 bench (doable), 585 dead (doable). That totals 1565 giving me some room, but then again someone else my be there going for the record in March as well.

Hawk

2 weeks is to long.

Cutting some fat now is a bad idea in my opinion. You will lose structural support you need for the heavy shit. How much do you have to cut?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2 weeks is to long.

Cutting some fat now is a bad idea in my opinion. You will lose structural support you need for the heavy shit. How much do you have to cut?

I know two weeks is long, but 3 weeks ago I took an entire week off due to long hours at work and on my first day back my legs were still fatigued. Now, it has been three weeks and I have become a vagina. I will try one week, but what do I do if I am not 100% ? Open as always.

I know I may lose a tiny bit, but it's what I know. I would much rather go in after losing 8-10lbs thru diet (which I am comfortable with) then screw around with something I have no experience with and try to lose 15lbs water cutting and risk feeling like crap or worse being dehydrated. This will likely be my last time at 242 anyway...after this it's 275.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I know two weeks is long, but 3 weeks ago I took an entire week off due to long hours at work and on my first day back my legs were still fatigued. Now, it has been three weeks and I have become a vagina. I will try one week, but what do I do if I am not 100% ? Open as always.

I know I may lose a tiny bit, but it's what I know. I would much rather go in after losing 8-10lbs thru diet (which I am comfortable with) then screw around with something I have no experience with and try to lose 15lbs water cutting and risk feeling like crap or worse being dehydrated. This will likely be my last time at 242 anyway...after this it's 275.

Hawk

1. Long hours at work doing construction will fuck up a deload. But gotta make that money. It's hard I know I use to do landscaping and worked in a rock quarry.

2. The diet thing makes more sense i thought you were only off by a bit. Fatty...:action-smiley-055: Just joking you jacked mother fucker!

Your nervous system is still getting use to the training Boris Sheiko would say it takes YEARS to get use to it. Your on the right road for success. Hopefully there is a detour back to Quads. Bring that Seahawk nut job IB with ya....