©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk's Superdrol Log

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
1. Long hours at work doing construction will fuck up a deload. But gotta make that money. It's hard I know I use to do landscaping and worked in a rock quarry.

2. The diet thing makes more sense i thought you were only off by a bit. Fatty...:action-smiley-055: Just joking you jacked mother fucker!

Your nervous system is still getting use to the training Boris Sheiko would say it takes YEARS to get use to it. Your on the right road for success. Hopefully there is a detour back to Quads. Bring that Seahawk nut job IB with ya....

Well,your response is somewhat comforting. I was wondering WTF was wrong with me besides being old ? But, as you stated going from 5-6 sets of squats a week to 20+, never mind the 40 recommended has got to take some time.

And while I was going to pick your brain about the tub method, it seamed like I would risk more strength is I F'd that up then if I cut some fat.

And I don't know about ib, not even sure if he lifts? Why else would he avoid coming to Chitown? Anyway, we plan on coming back, spring/summer when it's warmer so we can enjoy the trip and our company. turbo even mentioned a bbq.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/9
Wt: 251

I haven't updated in a while since there has been nothing to update...turns out I kicked my own ass. This past Monday I went in the gym and felt worse then Friday. On Fridays 315x3 felt like 455, so Monday I decided to deadlift up to 330 and bench up to 265. Mistake, mistake, mistake! My muscles felt like I had the flu...weak sore and achey. So, I went home an rolled out...that was uncomfortable. I went to bed but had to get up and take some nyquil and advil to fall asleep through the soreness.

So, I decided to call of training for the week and while working outside in sub zero temps it seamed like a great idea. I then began to research overtraining and came across a great article by Lyle McDonald :Overtraining, Overreaching and all the Rest Part 1 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
It was worth the read. Turns out I was in a state of overreaching. Which is simply the accumulated fatigue of weeks of doing more then I could handle. So, the solution is to do active rest. Last week I figured laboring outside was all I could handle and it actually took me till yesterday before I didn't feel beat up or even think about training. So, this week I am going to deload at the gym and see if I F'd up or enjoy some rebound?

I can tell you that I have learned a shit load about myself and have lot's of notes I will share about sheiko, pling and volume in the future. I just need to see this thru first.

Also, I stopped trying to trim down since that would have been counter productive. I am not sure if I will make weight, but that is not my big concern right now. I need to feel good first.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/10
WT:250

Pissed away like 5 lbs last night and have no idea why, but I have made it back to 255 in the PM.

So, I made a big decision to cut weight and just do the meet at my current weight. To many things are forcing me in that direction and hell I just want to have fun.

Now, I came back to the gym after a week off and found my joints to be achey, but my muscles felt a little better. I am maybe at 80% so I just worked up to a triple at 70% on the squat and 75% on the bench. I will up it 10% on Friday and then see about 90% on Monday or maybe 95%.

I also changed my split to M,W,F,Sat. Wednesday is DL and bench and Saturday is DL and Press.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
The only way to overreaching in sheiko is to program numbers to high or to make jumps mid cycle. I do remember talking to you about upping the weight, but a lil bump should't cause this.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/16
WT:255

So, I went with my gut and took that week off from the gym and this week decided I would simply work up to a heavy single. So, early in the week I worked up to 80% in my three lifts and then on Friday I unloaded both barrels and worked up to a 550 single in the squat. It went up nice and while not a max it was a success for several reasons. The first is because while I have done it before this was the easiest, 2nd was because I did it with a low bar postition (just switched on my trip to Chicago), and 3rd because my shoulder/rotator did not hurt in the least. 550# will be my second attempt come March.

Ok, so yesterday (Sat) I went in to DL. I only had one small meal, was sore from my squats on Friday so I decided it was perfect for testing. I do not want lifts that are performed under ideal conditions and can never be repeated. So, I walked past the Texas DL bar and grabbed a power bar with much less give. I worked up to a 555 (although I thought I was at 565...bad math LOL) and while my left leg shook I pulled it nicely with zero form break down...thanks skeiko!

Where does this leave me...well on Monday I will test my bench, but it looks like all my max lifts from November will become reasonable second attempts just five months later. Not, bad for a 40+ lifter who is new to the game.

My AAS, is Test, with some tren E and tbol. I also am using 5iu of rips PRW on workout days and 5iu's of slin with PWO. I will continue to use a sheiko style template as I taper to March 15.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/18 off day
WT: 253

So, yesterday was bench test day. I was dehydrated all day so I chugged a bunch of fluids and headed to the gym (I actually considered skipping as I felt sore and only so so). I figured I wanted to test myself on a average day. So, I worked my bench up 10% at a time till I hit 375 then made the jump to 405 with a pause (all reps have been paused since I started sheiko). It went up slow, but solid. Not bad when you consider my meet max was 391 and I am 5'11.

So, I have my numbers and will work up a plan. Now, I just have to hope I made the deadline for the meet. Sent in my reg. on the 13th then on the 16th they said they were full....we will see.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I ran it for 6 or 7 weeks then stopped and will likely stay off till after my meet. No sense now since I am tapering. I only ran it PRW though 4X ew.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
2/27
wt: 255

Not much to report besides I totally F'd this thing up. But, I am going thru with the meet on the 15th. I have nothing to prove of lose so what the heck?

I am still deloading. Last week I did 70% and this week I did 60% for a few sets of three. Next week I will do some reps with 80% and see what happens.

Hawk

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
2/27

Not much to report besides I totally F'd this thing up. But, I am going thru with the meet on the 15th. I have nothing to prove of lose so what the heck?

I am still deloading. Last week I did 70% and this week I did 60% for a few sets of three. Next week I will do some reps with 80% and see what happens.

Hawk
No, you don't have anything to prove to anyone but yourself. You have no true competition but with yourself. Nobody else is walking in your shoes and dealing with your life or your circumstances, so it's you vs yesterday. Keep improving on you and you win every time - everyday. Good luck at the meet though! Trophies are nice souvenirs from our journey called life. ;)

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
No, you don't have anything to prove to anyone but yourself. You have no true competition but with yourself. Nobody else is walking in your shoes and dealing with your life or your circumstances, so it's you vs yesterday. Keep improving on you and you win every time - everyday. Good luck at the meet though! Trophies are nice souvenirs from our journey called life. ;)

Thanks for the encouraging words man...I needed that. I sometimes put too much pressure on myself and God only knows why? I started this for myself and need to do it just for myself.

Thanks,
Hawk

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
2/27

Hawk
Don't ever put doubt in your mind buddy. I know your gonna kill it at the meet!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
3/2
wt:253

Ok, so I have been really considering my condition and where I am at. First, on the surface I look as solid and lean as ever. Probably the best I ever have and that is with hardly training and dropping some of my gear. I am running just 1800 T EW w/50mg anadrol ED as well as 5iu HGH on training days.

Next, I decided to make a scale of 1-5 to determine how I feel. 5 would be that crippling feeling after a leg day that wont allow you to walk down stairs unassisted. 3 would be pain whenever you stand or sit, but the ability to walk pain free and 1 would be feeling fine.

At this point I trained sheiko for 8 weeks then took an entire week off. I then deloaded and maxed at the end of that week. Then I trained with 70% for a week and then dropped to 60% last week. That leaves me with two weeks out. The spots that are tender my quads and lower back which would be a 2 on my scale and the thoracic part of my spinal erectors which rate a 3. Those erectors have been taking a beating from lowering the bar during the squat as well as the dead lift.

Now, I am not afraid of some soreness, but even after all that deloading it's crazy. I think I am thinking I will hit 60% Monday, 70% Friday and then 80% on Monday. I am not set on this, but it's how I am leaning at this point.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Keep up the good work brother you're gonna do great at the meet

Thanks man, I felt pretty good yesterday. Did some light squats and bench. Chest felt tight bus it may be due to the fact I have been stretching it like crazy.

Gonna do some deads and abs tomorrow then Bench again on Friday.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
WTF 1,800 test a week and you're sore?!?!?!? Is that even possible LOL!

You might wanna skip doin Sheiko in the future after this meet. When you come up here or have T give you my number and I can talk to you about programming. You can call me anytime, you got my email...

I'm really confused on how you're responding to the training. It shouldn't beat you up this bad. All I can think about is:
1. You set numbers wayyyy to high.

2.The template you're using is too advanced

3.Your work capacity might be too low and your having a hard time adjusting to heavy sets

4.Sheiko ain't no fuckin joke, you might need to do a prep cycle before hand....I always do. I posted it on my log in the beginning.

5.You either haven't used recovery techniues or you don't know which ones work for you. I love ice baths and steam showers.

6. Diet

7. Might be something mental. I squatted for a meet when I had bronchitis and developed pneumonia and kept coming in till Ed kicked me out...

8. If your not training with a power crew that is gonna fuck you up cause you have no guidance. Shit the low level competitive bodybuilders at Quads have coaches and shit. When you compete you got to leave the "gym rat" mentality behind...big boy pants now.

I know you will do awesome at your meet! But this is what training cycles get like leading up to them. Just gotta dig deep and learn from each cycle what works and what doesn't.

Attachments

• zamhvv.jpg
    zamhvv.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 30

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Phoes right. You shouldn't be sore with that much test. Either way I know your gonna kill it at the meet. Remember to keep a positive mind set buddy.