©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

help!

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
hey bros did I finally get a bad injection?? I shot my 3ml of 250deca 500test e in my right glute sat night. Yesterday afternoon I was feverish and my tennis ball size lump was killing me, I went to bed at 830 at night and took Tylenol. Today not as sore but I have some light redness in the area where the shot has spread out. I do not seem feverish today but I am very concerned.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
so what can I do other than wait? the lump isn't there it's spread into the area where I can see the redness. The skin is slightly numb feeling too. Clean syringe, new needle (after pulling) and cleaned area before and after. Didn't do anything diff other than shot a little lower to avoid an area of scar tissue.

I have a round of Cipro XR (pretty dramatic stuff - antibiotic for Anthrax and such) is this only treated by the worst case senerio of lacerating open the area?

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
gregdiesel said:
so what can I do other than wait? the lump isn't there it's spread into the area where I can see the redness. The skin is slightly numb feeling too. Clean syringe, new needle (after pulling) and cleaned area before and after. Didn't do anything diff other than shot a little lower to avoid an area of scar tissue.

I have a round of Cipro XR (pretty dramatic stuff - antibiotic for Anthrax and such) is this only treated by the worst case senerio of lacerating open the area?

First off, I wouldn't lacerate anything! Go to a doc and tell him you might have an infection from injecting vitamin B-12 or something along those lines.
That's what I plan on doing if I have an infection in my arm. I injected last Wednesday into my bi's like a dumbass! 2 days later I couldn't even extend my arms. The left arm is fine now and the right arm feels much better but yesterday I noticed 2 light red areas on my arm. They would come and go through out the day. I've been taking Ibuprofen and icing my arm and it helped a lot. I thought everything was fine until I felt a little warm and now my inaccurate digital thermometer says 99.3. I guess I'll give it till tomorrow and then probably go see the doc. Maybe try the Ibuprofen and Ice and see if it helps. Keep us updated bro! Great, now I'm freakin out!

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
No I don't plan to lacerate anything, I meant is that the only way that this is dealt with by the docs.

I've been shooting my glutes for 5 years! I've had lots of pain but never redness and fever so I'm pretty spooked.

If kell is around maybe he can tell me if Aspirin would help or hurt the situation?

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
gregdiesel said:
No I don't plan to lacerate anything, I meant is that the only way that this is dealt with by the docs.

I've been shooting my glutes for 5 years! I've had lots of pain but never redness and fever so I'm pretty spooked.

If kell is around maybe he can tell me if Aspirin would help or hurt the situation?

I hear you about being spooked! I hope I'm jumping to conclusions, I just read up on cellulitis infections and now I'm worrying even more. I'm a bit sun burnt also which is making it very hard to tell what's red and what's warm to the touch. I was also hoping Kell could shed some more light on the topic. I really don't want to go to the Doctors and have to explain this one. Did you try to ice it?

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I have no idea what the right thing to do is? I took Tylenol last night for the fever NOT EVEN SUSPECTING it was from Sat's injection. The lump isn't as bad but you can see a light redness from the area of the injection and below in about a 6" radius. It is warmer than the other side of my ass too.

I doubt it can happen but I hope it just heals on it's own somehow! Taking aspirin I think could actually hinder the healing as the body raises it's temp to fight the infection.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
The aspirin would just help with the pain. Do you have any left over anti-biotics?

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I have Cipro XR which is no joke. You def don't want to take it unfounded! Also aspirin does lower your body temp which your body may need to fight the infection. I'm actually not in that much pain. I hope that I'm crying wolf here, but only time will tell.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
If the area of redness is expanding, and is warm to the touch, I would start the Antibi's immediately. Cipro is strong but isn't as hardcore as you think (there are stronger ones believe it or not.) The Cipro won't harm you, but make sure you take a full course of it I.E. 500mg per day for 10 to 14 days. The only reason a doc will lance a sore is if it has become an abcess and the infectious puss needs to be drained off. In some instances oral antibi's are not strong enough to combat the abcess alone so they will drain it, give you a shot (usually 1000mg of Cipro or Cephlex) and then send you home with a perscription for some pills. Just watch it close bro. When you draw your gear always clean the top of the vial first with alcohol and let it air dry. Also if you draw with an 18g needle (I do) there can often be chunks of the rubber stopper that get broken off into the vial. Avoid sucking any of these up as you wouldn't want to inject a forign particle into your muscle.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Its good that your pain isnt too bad. Both my bros that I have personally known that had abcesses said you know when you have one. They couldnt workout let alone do much of anything the pain was so great.

Nice advice Freejay! :)

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I doesn't sound like cellulitis. I had it from a shot in my quad and the pain was agony. The infection was a multicolored, red and yellow. I also didn't have a fever. Motrin should reduce the fever but that is only putting a bandaid on the wound. I know explaining it to a doc might be tuff but what are your alternatives if you don't?

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Well there is very little pain. Just redness that has spread below the injection area and numbness/warmth to the skin. It is lightly swollen also compared to the other side. I've had a few glute shots that hurt worse than this but never these symptoms.

As far as the Cipro goes. I have Cipro XR 1000. I don't think there's anything stronger than that! I had a severe kidney infection back in March and was pissing blood and the pharmacist accidentally gave me double the Rx. But it's not something to take unfounded.

I'm suprised Kell hasn't come across this yet. BUT I APPRECIATE YOU BROTHERS REPLIES B/C WHEN THIS SH#T HAPPENS IT REALLY MAKES YOU THINK!! THANK YOU!

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
gregdiesel said:
hey bros did I finally get a bad injection?? I shot my 3ml of 250deca 500test e in my right glute sat night. Yesterday afternoon I was feverish and my tennis ball size lump was killing me, I went to bed at 830 at night and took Tylenol. Today not as sore but I have some light redness in the area where the shot has spread out. I do not seem feverish today but I am very concerned.
Aspirin woudnt've made the needed difference.
Obvious question but is it your usual poison or dit ya break the top on a new bottle.
If it's an Abcess it'll have be drained by a Dr. (dont be embarrased if this is [forbid] the case.Just tell him to fix your damn ass.Take an attitude like you got a lil roid rage-fuking doktors)Remember,H'es workin for you...
Ive thought sometimes I was loading my glutes too much but I never had a problem like your having.Maybe you lost the rotation of your rotation.
might've pissed off Sciatic nerve.(you were on the right side)
I DONT KNOW.Give it a few days and see what happens Ill hope for the best.
Chances are it'll clear up---Slooooowly. :(
And dont take Cipro.you dont need it.Not yet an

yway.
theres def. Poss. of infection...
-

Last edited:

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
Thanks Kell. It was the very last draw of a 10ml BD Decabol vial. I don't routinely wipe the top of the vial. It's the only bad thing I do. This was my 3rd and final vial of Deca for my cycle. I actually changed the needle 3 times b/c I dropped the first one, and of course fresh needle for the stick. I did shoot a little lower to avoid the lump of scar tissue there. I rotated the needle quite a bit to get it all shot as the bigger and fatter I get the harder it is to shoot there lol.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
I had never even read about that procedure before I joined this forum. Since I read it, I've done it intermitently. I will not forget to do it next time now!

I hope all the noobs out there read these kind of threads along with the glamorous ones of us putting up mega plates and getting laid. BE CAREFUL there's always a down side.