©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Nice remaster here of a classic album. This song to me is one of the greatest unknown classics from the golden era of hardcore.

Massive growling guitar sound, upbeat tempo and from 2:35-3:50 they do Sabbath better than Sabbath ! :)

CELTIC FROST "Eternal Summer" [Lyric video] - YouTube

"to mega therion" is a masterpiece...:love1:
easily would make my top 25 metal albums of all time...
the cover art is awesome...my absolute favorite...yeah that cover is one that would make your mom nervous...:eek:

"morbid tales" wasnt too shabby either...

Procreation (Of the Wicked) - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Pretty good/heavy tune. Ya man, Blitz is a metal warrior, I mean it would literally take a calculator to figure out how many times that dude has been out onstage. Can you imagine? I wonder if he has a pot to piss in so to speak? Never a real big fan of his voice, but have to give credit where credit is due.

soooooo.....

YOU DONT LIKE BOBBY BLITZ's VOICE...!!!???:(:confused::D

im gonna post overkill songs all week...:)

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Blood Money - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
'time to kill'...???

Overkill - Time to Kill - YouTube

'elimination'...???

Overkill - Elimination - YouTube

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Well, ya, that sounded kind of bad. I mean let's face it, Blitz IS Overkill. I thought they were on the verge to make that next step after the Taking Over album, but to me it just never came. No "great" album, no next big time step to keep up with the big boys. Just a great solid workaholic band, like the Cal Ripken of thrash. :)

One of my top 3 Overkill crushers:

Powersurge - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another legendary Celtic Frost crusher that got remastered. A bit of an under the radar tune, even for Frost, that imo may be Tom's greatest song/riff. An absolute masterpiece of a heavy metal song. Straight forward and brutal, but with a simple complexity. When he plays it live with Triptykon it's as heavy as it gets. Love this album cover also. One of the great ones from the day.

Tom G Warrior (Fischer), a poor man's James Hetfield, and I mean that as a great compliment. As a hardcore metal guitarist/singer/songwriter there's Hetfield without a doubt 1st, but the humble and fan friendly Tom G second for sure in my mind. A great metal "warrior" without a doubt. He carried the mantle somewhere between Iommi and Hetfield proudly.

Celtic Frost (Babylon Fell/jade Serpent)+Lyrics in Description - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
hell yeah..nice one.

heres part II...some nice riffs here...

warrior sounds like robert smith of the cure at times on this album...
i like the bongo drums too...

Caress Into Oblivion (Jade Serpent II) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Hard for me to pick a favorite old CF classic crusher, but The Usurper is hard to beat. The first few verses of this song are just like a meat grinder. Warrior at his best before his identity crisis consumed him and killed off the Frost.

CELTIC FROST "The Usurper" [Lyric video] - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
wouldnt allow it to play...great song tho.

Ya, between here and ProM have to logon 10x to make a post, just continually getting logged out and kicked off. Crazy, can't hardly even post anymore.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I'd have to say my overall #1 Overkill headbanger, Hammerhead. Fell in love with this thrash classic the first time I heard it back in '85. Great live version here !!

OVERKILL - Hammerhead (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Great old school stuff there 2 tense ! Man, so glad to have come of age musically in the 80's. I was just an old Sabbath junky, tampering with Kiss, AC/DC, Priest until the hardcore wave made metal, metal.

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Great old school stuff there 2 tense ! Man, so glad to have come of age musically in the 80's. I was just an old Sabbath junky, tampering with Kiss, AC/DC, Priest until the hardcore wave made metal, metal.

how old are you...???
im 48 this november...:)

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
not exactly metal...but a great band...good times.

D.R.I. - Do the dream - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, big crossover bands. Kind of the bridge from hardcore punk to the speed metal thrash scene. Venom, Slayer, Metallica were heavily influenced by these type bands for sure !

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Some crushing power metal from the good ole days ! Candlemass kind of picked up the torch from Celtic Frost after Warrior had his identity crisis and disappeared from the scene after Into The Pandemonium.

Not much of this style heavy stuff from the 80's, early 90's, that's for sure. The slow heavy crushers were like dinosaurs by then. Kind of sucked that I missed them by a day or two on tour back in '89. Went to see Death/Dark Angel and saw the flyer for a Candlemass show a couple of days prior. Never got another chance to see them, unfortunately. Probably was crazy heavy sound in a small club live.

Mega powerful riff @ 3:55 along with great vocals. Awesome stuff up in here ! :)

Under The Oak (New Version) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Love the ferocious finish to this crusher !

With Their Flesh, He'll Create - YouTube