©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Old school Bay area band (I think). Live version crushes !

FORBIDDEN - Chalice of Blood (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO) - YouTube

Nyoco

Jul 3, 2017
Yeah I entered at my own risk and found out you guys are really hardcore, maybe a bit too much for my tastes so I guess its back to good old hard rock / heavy metal for me :)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
never got into gorguts ...cool track.../QUOTE]

Ya, it's the only song by them on my playlist, but I don't know how many years later, still hard to find a more ferocious ending to a song than that !

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Some lighter metal here, though the first 2:30 have some serious riffing going on without a doubt before the J-pop sound takes over.

Good/heavy enough to enjoy listening to, not quite enough to make it on to my playlists though.

BABYMETAL - KARATE (OFFICIAL) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A classic from the good old days from one of the big German 3 !

Sodom - Nuclear Winter [2017 Fan Remastered] [HD] - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
heard this for the first time a couple weeks ago...

not sure how i missed this band when i was a kid...

it was recorded at morrisound in florida...produced by scott burns(genius).

i love this album.

Souls of Sacrifice - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
100% agreed, Burns was a genius and some bands owe their careers to him. IMO he was the man behind Death. Chuck and Co. were barely cutting their teeth and he turned Leprosy into an absolute crusher of a record. He got a lot out of Obituary too.

Don't like the singer very much from Devastation, a little punk style sound to his voice. I had their Violent Termination album, still have it somewhere. I remember it had some decent songs on it, but just nothing that got me into them and looking for new stuff. Then again, YouTube wasn't around then :D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Here's on oldie to dust off. I remember this being on my playlist for awhile back in the late 80's. By playlist, I mean on a custom burned cassette from an album ! hahaha

Pledge to Die (2018 - Remaster) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A great album in bad need of a full re-master. Too bad Quorthon isn't around just to re-record the damn thing. He wrote some great stuff. Awesome track here !

The Golden Walls Of Heaven - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
im gonna stay at morisound....

i never really thought of PESTILENCE as "death metal"...just a good heavy metal band...

solid album...pretty sure scott burns produced this also.

Testimony - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
had to post one from "consvming impvlse"...

listened to it this morning...forgot how good the riffs are on this one.

Pestilence - Out Of The Body (Original Version) - YouTube

notice i didnt pick a remastered version...:D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Killer guitar work on that tune, lousy album cover ! :D

I'm a big fan of re-masters. Most of the hardcore bands had no $ and it affected the final product, so with the advancement of technology I'm all for bands going back and making it sound like they intended it to.

Re-recordings I'm not big on, although a lot of the Destruction, Exodus and Testament re-recordings were note for note true to the original and much more brutal. So big thumbs up !

The Bathory albums are kind of low-fi, perhaps Quorthon wanted it that way, as I do believe he had the first black metal albums with his first 3 releases. The Return...being a great black metal album, way back in '85. But some of his power stuff from that album and Hammerheart would just be much more crushing with a good-remaster, since that's the only option (RIP).

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The legendary pick hand of Mille from Kreator, what a Beast !!

Kreator - Demon Prince (Live Rock Hard 2010) - YouTube