©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

NPP Prop log

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
CMFT, I think my longwinded post sheds light on this. To gain mass you need to train progressively. Adding weight, reps or volume with each subsequent session. The stronger you get, the more mass you will build.

You also have to make sure you have sufficient variety. Multiple angles, rep ranges, intensities, techniques..etc. will create different activation patterns and by changing the activation patterns you stimulate the muscle in new ways thus inducing new growth.

What atom says here about multiple angels, and ranges is so understated.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
AtomAnt thanks for the help, i appreciate the new ideas of workout out and incorporating new exercises such as pendlay rows. But i went back to my old workout routine. Like I said many times, i didnt always used to be a skinny weakling or even a fat bastard, I was in my best shape when i was like 16-17 and even benching around 350, this was all with this workout routine. Heres my routine and weights for today. I hope you read this I DONT DO A SET AMOUNT OF REPS, I PICK A WEIGHT AND GO UNTIL I CANT LIFT THE DUMBELLS ANYMORE.

<snip routine>

i have been working out for about 7 years, obviously i was a child for most of that time and still am, but i have molded this workout routine around my needs and i find that it works extremely well with getting stronger and getting mass

Don't worry CMFT, I read your posts lol... I wouldn't have posted in your thread if I didn't plan on reading ;)

Going back to my post earlier, if you find something that is working, why change it? But sometimes you find little tweaks along the way and your program continues to evolve. You may also do one program for a long time and then change the style of training. I know many people who use a HIT style (DC) for part of the year and then go volume (Mountain Dog style) for part of the year. The thing is to keep an open mind and when progress stalls, experiment. If you are on a cruise, experiment. Then build into your new routines what works.

But why don't you post up your full program, rather than just one day. Looking at one day is like trying to solve a puzzle with only 1/7 of the pieces.

As far as multiple angles, use 3-4 exercises with different recruitment patterns if using a volume style of training or several different exercises over the course of the week. Also think about how you are applying the tension, for example pressing versus flys or close grip bench versus triceps extensions and things like statics, partials, slow negatives, pure negative reps, peak contraction reps....ect....

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I prefer some hard rock metallica, zombie , ozzy for music since it helps defer people trying to talk to me plus it puts focus on muscle contraction and exertion..get your addrennalin up.
Remember muscle change up by how fast or type helps grow muscle.doing the same old thing over and over the muscle knows whats to expect .change is good...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Great! Try using straps on pulling exercises. I use them when i go heavy so I can focus on the contraction and do a nice slow negative. Also, if your grip is the weak link, then you back will never get the true workout it can due to grip fatigue. Work you forearms out with direct forearm work to build grip strength.

Always push up the rep explosively (under control) and control the negative find the right tempo that allows you to really feel the muscle. You can add in some things like super slow negatives, pulsing negatives or statics or partner assisted negatives. You are stronger on the eccentric and because of this can use the eccentric to generate new tissue growth. Studies have show that the eccentric contractions induce greater muscular trauma and and muscular damage from exercise is what allows for hypertrophy (with the right nutrition and recovery protocol).

Something I forgot to mention earlier when talking about angles and such, is grip position and the movement of your hands. For example, rotating DBs, using a neutral grip.... stuff like that, all change the stimulus.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
50ls on front raises... Try doing them seated and see what kinda weight you're moving. Unless your anterior delts are way stronger in relation to your lateral delts then I would think you should never be going that heavy.

Doing most of your delt work seated will give you a new perspective on the movements.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hope u are warming up internal rotators at least 15 min with therabands or cable movements..you may feel like superman now and not warm up ever but by 40 u will regret it...plus u have stronger lifts and bench session with strong inner rotators...ib

When u say bloated do u push in at shin and get a dimple or u just talkin distended gut?.