©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The Push for size with JP

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Your funny. LOL. Been training my ass off and trying to eat but have no appetite. Seams to always be something with me going on. I feel Sooo much better cleaning up and not literally having a gut that folds the front of my underwear over on half. To me that's not bulking that's getting fat. There is no reason to carry around 20 to 25 extra lbs of lard. I'm not that guy.

I'm still banging away at the Sciroxx candy. That stuff is a game changer.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Drugs are a bad word for some but sometimes changing them is all that is needed to get the ball rolling again. The hgh and igf-1 will help you stay lean as you grow. I understand you on the bulking and not wanting to get fat. I know it works for some people but for me gaining 3 inches of fat around the waist is never productive and only a negative sign. Good to see you are happy as it seemed like a struggle for awhile.

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Your funny. LOL. Been training my ass off and trying to eat but have no appetite. Seams to always be something with me going on. I feel Sooo much better cleaning up and not literally having a gut that folds the front of my underwear over on half. To me that's not bulking that's getting fat. There is no reason to carry around 20 to 25 extra lbs of lard. I'm not that guy.

I'm still banging away at the Sciroxx candy. That stuff is a game changer.
Glad you're moving in the right direction.

At this point what's happening with Jordan?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Jordan who? He's paid into Feberuary 2019. Too many one sentence check in remarks. When I told him I have at least 18lbs of pure fat hanging from my gut he didnt even respond. I politly said goodby. He didnt even ask why? If I ask him a question during the week he answers and says "talk to you at the next check in" in a pronounced way. I'm sure he's a great coach. I'm just not a good fit with his style. Maybe because of my age he never took me seriously? Who knows. Life goes on. I wish the best for him and that he earns his IFBB pro card. Funny thing is I read in his log what he does for himself and he changes things all the time. Wish that was the case with me. I'm looking hard at Bleu Taylor.

But before anything I have to figure at the rotation issue in my left shoulder and how to get it to let me hit a front double bi. I was going to have a surgeon cut the scare tissue away from the capsule but he said he didn't want to do it because it may not achieve what I'm trying to gain. After years of this shit I have fucked dup both shoulders and need to keep up with the therapee and keep making gains. My wife told me no coaches until I can hit my poses. Hate it when she makes sense...…...LOL

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm still training JP but that's about it. I'm eating a much reduced version of his diet and since he never made a gear suggestion that's not a tuff one either.

I did pull tonight. I mixed it all up just to freshen the program up. One more thing too. I cut my training partner lose Monday. I need to go to the last rep just before failure. My partner kept pushing me past these reps into assisted reps. This effects recovery windows in a BIG way. He was upset but that's life. I don't mean this inn a bad way but you have to be a little selfish in this sport. I walk in the gym and it's all about me.

montego

Feb 19, 2018
I'm still training JP but that's about it. I'm eating a much reduced version of his diet and since he never made a gear suggestion that's not a tuff one either.

I did pull tonight. I mixed it all up just to freshen the program up. One more thing too. I cut my training partner lose Monday. I need to go to the last rep just before failure. My partner kept pushing me past these reps into assisted reps. This effects recovery windows in a BIG way. He was upset but that's life. I don't mean this inn a bad way but you have to be a little selfish in this sport. I walk in the gym and it's all about me.
Got cha. Are you relaying that you're not eating to plan to Jordan?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm relaying nothing. I told him it's not working out and have a good life. Best of luck getting the card. He never even asked why. <-----Truth

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Just my two cents. I could tell early on that this coach wasn't a good fit for you. It seems most coaches don't understand how to go about coaching older trainees. I'm 44 and had a similar experience with what I thought was a knowledgeable coach.

Just from reading your log it seems like you really know your shit about all aspects of getting strong. Maybe you would be better off following your gut and using that coaching money for more gear and food, lol.

BTW, 2 grams of sust a week! My hat goes off to you sir!!!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Scott Stevenson isn't training one on one any longer. JM is a shit ton of money as I'm sure you know. Bleu Taylor has a rep for building freaks. I spoke with him and shot him some pics and he thinks my goals are very obtainable. Guy is PMable 24/7 with any questions you have and it's unlimited. He has a track record a mile long. Just go to his Instagram. This is the catch, he wants to be paid for 4 months at a time witch is $1000. My wife will have a shit fit because I'm "trashing more money" as she puts it. Gotta love her!

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Scott Stevenson isn't training one on one any longer. JM is a shit ton of money as I'm sure you know. Bleu Taylor has a rep for building freaks. I spoke with him and shot him some pics and he thinks my goals are very obtainable. Guy is PMable 24/7 with any questions you have and it's unlimited. He has a track record a mile long. Just go to his Instagram. This is the catch, he wants to be paid for 4 months at a time witch is $1000. My wife will have a shit fit because I'm "trashing more money" as she puts it. Gotta love her!
Do it yourself.

You and I both know nobody has some secret..... Time , food and hard ass work.

If you need an objective eye you know where I'm at [emoji6]

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
CG. Have you thought about going back to Fortitude training? That seems to have been working for you.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Jordan who? He's paid into Feberuary 2019. Too many one sentence check in remarks. When I told him I have at least 18lbs of pure fat hanging from my gut he didnt even respond. I politly said goodby. He didnt even ask why? If I ask him a question during the week he answers and says "talk to you at the next check in" in a pronounced way. I'm sure he's a great coach. I'm just not a good fit with his style. Maybe because of my age he never took me seriously? Who knows. Life goes on. I wish the best for him and that he earns his IFBB pro card. Funny thing is I read in his log what he does for himself and he changes things all the time. Wish that was the case with me. I'm looking hard at Bleu Taylor.

But before anything I have to figure at the rotation issue in my left shoulder and how to get it to let me hit a front double bi. I was going to have a surgeon cut the scare tissue away from the capsule but he said he didn't want to do it because it may not achieve what I'm trying to gain. After years of this shit I have fucked dup both shoulders and need to keep up with the therapee and keep making gains. My wife told me no coaches until I can hit my poses. Hate it when she makes sense...…...LOL
I have had so much pain in both shoulders for a few months now- i couldn't sleep- hard to work- thought it was gone-
I started to go to a Chiropractor that specializes in muscle and nerve- he fixed me in 3 sessions- had me sleeping with a towel rapped up under my neck so my head is back. To get pressure of the nerves
He also had me watch how I sit how I lay -, how I rest - how I do every thing.
From a little log he had me do- I look down at my phone when I write so it puts a kink in my neck that piches off the nerves.
I use 2 pillows and it puts alot of strain on my neck and traps.
Also I lay on my side on the couch and put my elbo on the couch and rest my head on my hand- since I stopped that - no pain any more- with him also breaking up the scar tissue and un knotting the muscles.
Just stupid positioninng wrecked me - I thought it was the 35+ years of construction and 35+ years of killing my self in the gym. Wish I went to him months ago

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Jordan's lifting program isn't the problem. But reflecting back, fortitude was best.
I could have told you that [emoji57]

The ideas are similar I suppose, even though I haven't seen JP's program but considering he mentored to Scott I would think it's got some of the same ideology.

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
With your shoulder issues have you ever had Active Release Therapy done? I had similar issues from a long career in wrestling that left both my shoulders completely trashed, with two surgeries on my right one. Regular ART therapy has made me feel like I have no problems at all. Just some food for thought. Either way, I hope your issues can be improved upon.

Also had a question in regards to appetite. That's always my downfall in the offseason is eating. I try force feeding and I end up just feeling sick. Any tips for increasing appetite or just suck it up and eat?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yes I'm currently having it done as we speak. The problem is the insurance isn't approving enough visits to get it fully back to normal range of motion. Even with me making head way every visit.

When I cant eat I go to bagels with jam. Even with a little peanut butter. It's an easy way to pound calories. I'll drink some whey before the bagel. But this is just a survival thing instead of blanking on a meal.

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
That's frustrating with the insurance, but I know exactly how that goes. I have a chiro I go to that does an ok job at it and is covered by insurance, but the guy that's really good at it isn't covered by insurance and costs $100 a visit. I save those trips for pre contest...

And thanks for the tip on food, bagels are definitely one of those foods I can eat pretty much whenever. Better to have that than nothing at all!

Yes I'm currently having it done as we speak. The problem is the insurance isn't approving enough visits to get it fully back to normal range of motion. Even with me making head way every visit.

When I cant eat I go to bagels with jam. Even with a little peanut butter. It's an easy way to pound calories. I'll drink some whey before the bagel. But this is just a survival thing instead of blanking on a meal.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
My guy is $40 pr visit.
Are there any chiropractic schools near you?
Many times they are looking for people to work on.
Ask your guy how much for green cash also- many times they will drop it almost in half.
My freinds get cheep to free denral work from a dental school near me- I need to get my ass tgere my self

montego

Feb 19, 2018
How you doing CG. Hope everything is moving in the right direction still!