©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
..sometimes it feels real good to put bodybuilding on the back burner and live it up

I like to call that having life balance :)

I am resting today too. The wife and I are getting out to run errands. Trying not to feel too guilty about skipping the leg workout today. Maybe a couple days away from the weights is a good thing… maybe

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Heard Atom in my head saying I was a pussy as I did Dantes trap workout
.god.he's a bitch but its dam straight correct.My traps never blew up so good.then i followed up with tris to give them some love

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Just some cardio today. I don't understand how some can love running. But then again, They don't understand why we need to pick shit up, just to put it back down.

I'm going to go enjoy a beer with some buds, so you all have a great night. :food-smiley-004:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Running! eeewwwwe!!!!! Just kidding . Running is not my cup of tea .
rather train more-heavier faster less rest ,heart cranks up like mfer!.
My waking resting pulse stayed in the low 40's for years wth no running..
T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
No lifting today. Forcing myself to take a rest day. Hard to to when you
can't wait to train again. You guys have a great recovery day and we will be primed as fuck for tuesday... T

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Forearms, Biceps, Back.

My back has been feeling real good so I'm thinking floor deads today, hmmm. I have a few hours to think about it. I let you know how it goes. :muscles:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Forearms, Biceps, Back.

My back has been feeling real good so I'm thinking floor deads today, hmmm. I have a few hours to think about it. I let you know how it goes. :muscles:

Let the aniticipation build then kill that shit! I love that feeling when you KNOW you are ready to smash some iron and get into that minset that no matter what you touch, you are going to tear it apart.

I did some comparison before and afters from this past blast. I think I am going to start a new thread with the progress pics later tonight.

I'm just dicking around over the next couple of days while I cruise. I'll keep up on the cardio but might try some other stuff like rock climbing or some flag football just to stay busy.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
2 days out of the gym was a world of good for me. Had a great chest workout in spite of a bum shoulder. Full speed ahead baby.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Well, I guess I'm right at the age where my mind still thinks I'm in my twenties, but my body is saying, "hey tough guy, you're middle aged".

Conventional Floor Deads:
405 for 5 and my back said, "easy there old man". My body was talking a lot today. lol!
Dropped the weight to 315 and grinded out 3 more sets (12,8,4).

Wide grip pull downs 175 (12,8,6) / 140 (12,8,6)

Biceps Just some concentration curls for warm ups.
Decided to go for a RP set. Life Fitness Preachers 80 lbs. (15,8,4)

No Forearms today because they were fried from the Deads and pull downs.

All in all a good outing. Now I'm going to shower and dip myself in a vat of Tiger Balm.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sounds like a good one to me xmen! Those deads will work ya hard!

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Well, I guess I'm right at the age where my mind still thinks I'm in my twenties, but my body is saying, "hey tough guy, you're middle aged".

Conventional Floor Deads:
405 for 5 and my back said, "easy there old man". My body was talking a lot today. lol!
Dropped the weight to 315 and grinded out 3 more sets (12,8,4).

Wide grip pull downs 175 (12,8,6) / 140 (12,8,6)

Biceps Just some concentration curls for warm ups.
Decided to go for a RP set. Life Fitness Preachers 80 lbs. (15,8,4)

No Forearms today because they were fried from the Deads and pull downs.

All in all a good outing. Now I'm going to shower and dip myself in a vat of Tiger Balm.

LMAO!!!! Tiger balm is good...but what you really need to try is Kwan Loong Oil:
Amazon.com: Prince Of Peace Kwan Loong Oil - 2 Oz: Ryo Su Yeong Park Seon Yeong: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Zx0MSEPEL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Zx0MSEPEL

Trust me on this one...I am a firm believer in traditional Chinese medicine and this stuff helps reduce inflammation and improves blood flow tremendously.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I had to drag my ass the gym today, only because my 4 year old granddaughter wanted to go to childcare. Did chest, and it ended up being a fantastic workout. Felt strong as hell. Funny how it works out sometimes.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Chris, I hear ya on that. I have had that happen too and I am always smiling when it turns out that way.

Pretty pumped about hitting back later… but first, need to get some work done

Check in with ya later brothers!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a KICK ASS back workout today. Heavy and a good fast pace. Walked out feeling pumped.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Cardio only day . Holy shit! Have to get some volume to these lungs.
Tomorrow morn Chest shoulders tris. Snowing right now ...
Gotta go check my rice. holler am. T