©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Matt, he looks like a tough man. What happened?

Had a GREAT shoulder workout today. Trying to ramp it up. Training partner was pushing me and I was dishing it right back.

Good to see everyone stopping in!

Post 4870 has the story behing the pic...

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest
incline db presses x 4 sets
flat db flyes ss with flat db benches x 4 rounds
db pullovers x 3

Tris
closegrip benches x 4 sets
st bar cable pressdowns x 4, last one dropset
lying db extensions ss with machine extensions x 4 rounds

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Welcome squatster.

No gym for me today got some nfl tickets for tomorrow on top of working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. So usually I take the weekends off to spend extra time with the family.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Chest
Was having a great father/son workout until something shitty happened. I got to the gym 45mins before he did so was about to leave and he was still doing some db flyes. He's had an issue with a swollen elbow, tennis elbow maybe? But he refuses to give up, wont just let it heal...so he has me hand him the 75's and busts out 8 reps. I say "you wanna try the 85's?" He's like "yeah, lets do it". I tell him i was just kidding, better not push it...but now he wants to go heavy.lol. I said "idk dad, thats a serious weight jump" to which he replied "I'm a pretty serious old man!" Keep in mind he is 67 years old, so thats quite a bit of weight for somebody his age. He gets 3 good reps with the 85's and i say "come on one more!" Then a nasty pop comes from his elbow and he drops the db's on his chest on the 4th rep. He got up and it popped back into place, but within minutes a big fucking tumor appeared hanging off his elbow :( I felt like shit, i was joking around about going to the 85's but he wanted to prove himself to me...he refuses to get "old", but this was kind of an eye opener for him-that he's damn near 70 and his body wont let him do what he wants to do. Idk, just feel sorry for him and thought i'd share it i guess. I know it's gonna bother me when i get to that age where there's nothing you can do about it, father time gets us all...

Matt, sorry I missed this. Don't feel bad about it. It was an honest accident and you guys were caught up in the energy of a good workout. I do that too. He will be fine but injuries do suck. He looks great for his age BTW. Refusing to get old is a good thing in my book. 90% in your head. We all get old whether we are in the gym or not. Might as well do it with some muscle and style! People like that keep me going! Don't feel sorry for him in that way, be proud the man is still hitting the iron. How rare is that for someone his age? You are a lucky man you can train with your dad. That is great.

Had a great arm workout yesterday. Nice and intense. Planning on the wheels today.

Squatster, good to see you here brother! Drop in anytime. We just hang out and shot the sh*t about our workouts and life in general.

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Delts
seated arnold presses ss with db shoulder presses x 4 rounds
seated db side lateral raises ss with reverse db flyes x 4
seated db front raises ss with machine shoulder presses x 3

Calves
one leg calf raises holding db x 3 sets
seated calf raises x 3
standing calf raises x 4

Also did 6 sets forearm db wrist curls-3 overhand 3 underhand
plus 3 sets neck machine curls

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a great chest workout yesterday. Went up in weight on my dumbbell presses to a zone I have not done in a while. Good stuff for my head.

Gonna try for some back if my job allows today.

You meatheads have a great Tuesday!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Legs and trap this morning
squats, one-leg leg presses, leg extensions, lying leg curls
rear bb shrugs, front bb shrugs, db side shrugs

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Back-seated widegrip cable rows, closegrip cable rows, closegrip underhand cable rows, db rows

Bis-st bar curls, reverse grip st bar curls, seated incline cable curls, machine curl dropsets

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest-flat bb bench presses, machine flyes, machine decline presses
Tris-skullcrusher ss with closegrip benches, reverse grip skullcrushers, reverse grip cable pressdowns ss with standard pressdowns

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit back yesterday pretty hard today I have food poisoning so I haven't eaten or even thought about training. Hopefully it's gone by tomorrow.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit back yesterday pretty hard today I have food poisoning so I haven't eaten or even thought about training. Hopefully it's gone by tomorrow.

Now I've shit 17 times today alone can't eat anything without having to shit. Man this sucks

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Now I've shit 17 times today alone can't eat anything without having to shit. Man this sucks

Damn, you got any antibiotics on hand? A couple doses of Cipro works wonders for intestinal crap.

Long day in chemo yesterday. Now I'm wired on the decadron they give me. Planning on shoulders and traps later.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Damn, you got any antibiotics on hand? A couple doses of Cipro works wonders for intestinal crap.

Long day in chemo yesterday. Now I'm wired on the decadron they give me. Planning on shoulders and traps later.

No antibiotics is cipro otc?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
No antibiotics is cipro otc?

No, you would need a script. Might be worth a trip to the quick clinic, rather than suffer. I have used it in the past and t hey gave to to me for food poisoning. That's how I know about it. I've also had to use it in Mexico but its OTC there.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
^ yeah you gave me the website for that a long time ago...i still need to order some just to have on hand. One of those things you forget about until you actually need some...

Rest day for me today, just had too much shit to do after work, finally home. Time to eat then bed early for work once again early tomorrow. My long time bro is getting married tomorrow, so gonna go blast some arms beforehand so i'm pumped for the reception :D