©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to see everyone here!

Very happy you dropped in LastChance! I always called those pull-overs. I would lay on the bench so the bench was 90º to my body and I could get a good stretch. The bench would be positioned under my upper back. That one?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey guys....

I don't know what you call this one. I lay on the bench on my back and lower a bumbell behind my head and let it stretch down towards the floor. I let the stretch go as deep as possible and then do tricep extensions with it in that position. Anyway, did 4 sets of 10

That was the night. Back and bi's tonight.

If you are doing that to work your tri I do something close to that and call it skull crushers. Instead of lowering the barbell begone my head I bring it to my forehead and them extend it to work the tri's

LC, are you letting the BB stretch toward the floor and then pressing it over your face like a skullcrusher? Or are you letting it hand doing the limited the limited ROM at the bottom of the stretch/contract?

Jim, I do them as I noted above, the stretch/contract of this is crazy. It is not a skull crusher since the angle of pressing and stretch motion is different and provides a different kind of stimulus.

EDIT: just saw Brick post... lol Oh well Now i know what yu are talking about doing

I also do dead skulls where I lay on the ground and let the BB touch the ground above the top of my head and come to a dead stop before pressing.

Chest and shoulders today... Decided to mix it up

Nautilus Machine Incline Press worked up to a set of 10 then three DC style rest-pause sets (meaning each set had three failure points) Crazy painful

Incline DB Press 4 sets of 12 but with a very slow eccentric and finishing with statics

"Chest Busters" Hex press in to Db fly - did incline DB hex press until I hit failure then rested for 10 seconds after the set and did as many fly reps as I could get.

Chest was smoked

Super Wide Military Press 5 sets of 15

Over and Back shoulder press 4 sets of 12

Super set of Lateral Raises and Rear Delt Flys 4 sets of 12 each

Great workout and had a nice burn going on in my chest and shoulders

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Good to see everyone here!

Very happy you dropped in LastChance! I always called those pull-overs. I would lay on the bench so the bench was 90º to my body and I could get a good stretch. The bench would be positioned under my upper back. That one?
Yep thats it
Yep.....that's it. Sometimes at the end when I am about wore out with extensions I will just pull it up over my chest straight armed until I just can't move it anymore. Just depends on how I feel.

Nothing builds my tricept like skull crushers. It just iso's them so well. The pump is incredible!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That's why I like the exercise I am talking about Jim. I let it stretch as deep as I can and then do the same kind of extension from that completely hung out and isolate position. It destroys my triceps. Tris are my best body part anyway I think.

I wish I knew a way to hit my bis like that. They lag anyway. I have tried all kinds of different curls, but never seem to get the same intense omg my arm is about to explode feeling in my bis.

Maybe dead stop incline bench Db curls with a peak contraction and slow negative? Go with a little lower incline, around 45 degrees and let them stretch at the bottom... You ever use an execution method like that?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Have you tried different styles of preacher curls? You can do dumbbells one at a time squeezing at the top with the thumb out. Hammer strength(my favorite) and the conventional

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Have you tried different styles of preacher curls? You can do dumbbells one at a time squeezing at the top with the thumb out. Hammer strength(my favorite) and the conventional

These are my first biceps exercise in my current program... I use a John Meadows technique. You do one arm at a time and use your 6 rep max. Do 6 reps on 1 arm, 6 on the other, then 4 on the first arm and 4 on the other.... 4 sets of these and you will see a massive swole!

Follow these with a exercise that emphasizes the stretch and your arms will feel and look like balloons lol

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Building a muscle with a pushing movement is easier to keep good form and iso the muscle in my opinion. Pulling motion are more about form and contracting the muscle correctly. Slower movement, perfect form, the squeeze at the top, use the negative motion on the way down to really tear the tissue as well

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Trained chest, biceps, and calves. I train bis twice a week because I feel they're lacking for someone thats 270-280.

Excellent workout pressed 405x3 definitely after all this stress with purchasing a new bigger home and the amounts they want down now had taken its toll these past few weeks.

That and remodeling our deck and bathroom to get ready for sell. But its all finally coming together

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Just back in from a good back session. First one in 2 months. Rack deads, t-bars, hammer rows, DC cable rows with some drop sets thrown in. Love that back pump.

Time for a recovery shake.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Been busy . Two rest days . will be back work tomorow. LC . Thoise are cross bench pullovers . Those were part of the breathing squat/ supersetted with cross bench pullovers for rib cage expansion and flexablity.Very old school and effective . Cross bench pullovers also hit lats up high by the arm pits pretty hard. To do them properly your upper arms are "fixed " just slight bent. There is no stretch and contract for the tri's . If you are fairly young it is worth while . Lying extensions are king for tricep size in my book. Some will say close grip benches for tri's .
Those are best done on a deline bench with an easy curl bar elbows out .
You can really direct the pressure toward the outer head. Need a partner to do them right. Lying exts I like to work in a heavier rep range 6-12 reps.
That is generally my first tri movement. Two arm dumbell exts are much better
done seated or standing . Way better rom .
If you are looking for a peak contraction move ment with a full stretch try some smith machine body drags . If done correctly will really put the torch to the bi's . low cable slo'mos are great too with a 5 count pause at full contraction and slow lowering . Find out what works for you.
Brick you a baaaaad man! Hey guys our friend brick is one tough mofo!
Much respect! Thanks guys have a great nite and day tomorow. T
Give you younger guys a tip . Get a copy of bill pearls keys to the inner universe. That is still the best book I've ever seen that shows any every
wt training movement you can imagine. It is worth hunting down .
The excersise diagrams are simple and black and white . There are a bunch of movements in there that woill have you thinking why the f-- didnt I think of that. If I can find a copy on pdf if would be great in the library.
Ok my long winded self is done. T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest and tri's today
Started with bench 5x12 superset dips. Last set for both were drop sets to complete failure lower the weight every time I made it to the failing point.
Free weight fly's 5x12 superset skull crushers
Incline free motion fitness flys 5x12 immediately from the last rep to flat press 5x12 super setting tri push downs.
Decline free motion fly's same as above.
Pump was redic! 30 min cardio and off to work.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning. Hey Jim nice and consistent. Cool.
Back today . Going to try some light bb rows. My absolute favorite back movement. Hey its half way to feb which means soon it;ll be spring .
come on lets ramp it up! have great day each of you .
Hey LC and PHOE great seeing you in here. My favorite perm thread here.
Big brick brought this over from the old UG .Phoe you probably remember that is where you and I first crossed paths .. Step it up now! well maybe cept Atom.
AA is the king of consistant/ intense w/o's in bricks hangout. Tip of the hat to you atom. . Jim is nippin on the consistant thing too. T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
LC glad you are in this thread! Guys now that the holidays are past I will be more consistent posting in her. LC another thing I do is always extra reps with that lagging arm. Especially on the preacher curl cause you can spot yourself with the other arm when you are using dumb bells. Hope this helps

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
LC also when doing the dumbbells on the preacher. Try holding the dumbbell on the inside so it's easy to let your thumb hang out at the top. The dumbbell will kind of pull that way really helping you squeeze at the top of the contraction